Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 06:33
Hello everyone!

I'm so excited about Duke! Anyone here looking for a roommate? I'm interested in Station 9 since its closer to Fuqua compared to some other popular places to live. I'd prefer a female, non-smoking roommate. Let me know!!

See you all in the Fall!
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 06:34
Are we all still waiting on our NetID packages? I'm chomping at the bit to sign the remainder of my life away, and I was assuming this was the referenced "last week in may" the email mentioned.
Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 08:52
kidd38s wrote:
Are we all still waiting on our NetID packages? I'm chomping at the bit to sign the remainder of my life away, and I was assuming this was the referenced "last week in may" the email mentioned.

I'm still waiting on mine...I guess by last week of may, they meant the week which had the very last day of may in it. :evil:

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 03:14
Expert's post
I guess maybe we'll get the package in June?

Diversity

Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 03:22
asimov wrote:
I guess maybe we'll get the package in June?

I think "around the month of May" translates to "whenever we get around to it, which will be near May, maybe ..."
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 03:57
Haha...I'm glad we're all in the same boat. If the package doesn't get here today I'll make a call tomorrow.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 10:16
This may be old news, but I was browsing through the incoming students website and saw the following, which I hadn't seen before:

Go to Academic Preview and Review to get ready for Fuqua! (this includes info for the Summer Math Review Course that is mandatory for Some Students)

There is more information in there about the computer course, exemptions for other courses, other pre-MBA math/finance modules, etc., among other topics.
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 10:37
Thanks mba12tech for the info.

And to everybody else, I am waiting for the magical package/NetID login too. :)
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 17:10
Has anyone found/acquired the latest "Fuqua format" resume template? I'm assuming we'll get this along with the NetID, etc., but I'm trying to get together an updated resume for some of these pre-MBA things and I'd like to use the Fuqua standard if possible.

(I found this link, http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/admin/cso/doc ... amples.doc via Google, but it's from 2005)
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 17:24
mba12tech wrote:
Has anyone found/acquired the latest "Fuqua format" resume template? I'm assuming we'll get this along with the NetID, etc., but I'm trying to get together an updated resume for some of these pre-MBA things and I'd like to use the Fuqua standard if possible.

(I found this link, http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/admin/cso/doc ... amples.doc via Google, but it's from 2005)

I think it said somewhere it would be available this month.

Also, I was reading through the OIT website and saw this which I was excited about. I have 2007, but would not mind at all having 2010.

* Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus - The newest version of Microsoft Office is now available to Duke faculty, staff, and students as a free download! Office is now available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
o Faculty & Staff Click Here to Download Office
o Students Click Here to Download Office

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 17:34
Also, I re-read that e-mail about the NetID & it says that you should receive the packet by the end of the second week of june, so apparently there is a wide window.

Current Student
Schools: Fuqua c/o 2012

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2010, 07:19
Hey everyone, longtime listener first time caller.

A few quick questions, I apologize if they have been covered. I backread some and didn't see these questions answered.

1. They want our proof of address by July 2. I am not moving into my apartment until 8/1 (crazy, yes I know) and was wondering why they needed it so early. I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response, just curious.

2. Other than the NetID package coming and doing some resume/career focusing work, what is everyone doing to prepare? Want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I guess this mystery packet will shed some light on it.

Finally, no surprise this is taking a while. Didn't our accept letters come at the last possible day?

Congrats to everyone, looking forward to our two years together.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2010, 09:55
highhopes wrote:
Also, I re-read that e-mail about the NetID & it says that you should receive the packet by the end of the second week of june, so apparently there is a wide window.

Yep, opened up the email noting "the last week in May" to find a number to call and noted that we'd be "receiving" them a little later. Bummer.

That aside, has everyone found housing yet? Just sent in my lease contract/securitydeposit/incomeverification/deedtofirstbornchild to station nine today. Can't believe we'll all be down in durham in less than two months.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg, Fuqua, Haas, Darden

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2010, 11:43
I haven't been on here in a while, so I thought I'd check in...

I'm very glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't received their packet yet...every day I expect it to be there when I get home from work, but no...

I feel like I still have so much left to do and figure out before school starts! Like others said, August 1st will be upon us in no time. I do have my apartment all lined up, so I guess that's a decent start. I'll be living at the Alexan Place.

Cant wait to get down to Durham and meet everyone!
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2010, 23:14
Expert's post
Yay! I found out my Duke e-mail. The only problem is that I can't check it :(

If you search for yourself in Duke's directory, you can find out your school e-mail. I'm guessing the package will come soon with the password and NetID (maybe?!?).

Diversity

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 06:12
asimov wrote:

If you search for yourself in Duke's directory, you can find out your school e-mail. I'm guessing the package will come soon with the password and NetID (maybe?!?).

You're right, there it is...along with my cell phone number for the whole world to see..I'm not sure I like that. I hope it comes soon...I am sick of waiting & there are things that I want to start doing, like finishing that computer class.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 08:47
highhopes wrote:
asimov wrote:

You're right, there it is...along with my cell phone number for the whole world to see..I'm not sure I like that. I hope it comes soon...I am sick of waiting & there are things that I want to start doing, like finishing that computer class.

"Information returned by this server is for use by the University community. Use of this information for unauthorized commercial purposes is expressly forbidden."

Hilarious - at least they give a stern warning not to anything improper with this easily accessible information.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 08:51
FYI - My packet came in the mail yesterday with the NetID/password, etc.
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua c/o 2012

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 14:49
Still no package today! Ugh, so frustrating. I did get the new e-mail from Fuqua saying I will be getting my package at some point soon.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 15:35
Got mine today, has anyone else had trouble with their email? I can send messages, but sent a test message to it to make sure my forwarding worked and it never went through.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread!   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2010, 15:35