Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 85 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 15:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys post any discussion here

If you have some questions and dont want to ask on the facebook page feel free to be candid here. Although most of have already met haha.

Where is everyone living?

I'm looking at fountain park. Its about 1.5 miles from Kelley and the rent for a 2 br 2 bath is $880! I'm still shocked by the low rents around campus.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 15:05
jordanhendrix wrote:
Hey guys post any discussion here

If you have some questions and dont want to ask on the facebook page feel free to be candid here. Although most of have already met haha.

Where is everyone living?

I'm looking at fountain park. Its about 1.5 miles from Kelley and the rent for a 2 br 2 bath is $880! I'm still shocked by the low rents around campus.

yo yo yo yo Who are you again? :roll:

I lived in a 2br/1bath at FP during law school and it was nice.

This time around with my large choc lab in tow I will be staying at the Fields in a 2ba/2ba town house sort of place. $1085 per month base rent I believe. The 2nd floor version of the "Brookside", and it has 1248 square feet, plus 10x11 balcony. Not too shabby. It is a gorgeous wide open community and one can even go fishing in the stocked pond if you want. Probably not a good option for those w/o a car, but Bloomington is so small it never really takes more than 10 mins to get anywhere by car.

I'm moving in on June 7th so if anyone is around town early, PLEASE hit me up damn it.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 17:58
I was looking at a few places and saw some ridiculous prices. Btown, as they call it, is sooooo cheap. That said, there are some high end places that offer modern city vibes that run for about $850 per person for a 2 br, but thats too much for me to justify sans income for two years. I'd love to have nice place but I dont wanna live off ramen like the good ole days.

Tom, your rent sounds very reasonable! my sq footage is about 1000. I'll be sure to reach out once i get there on Aug 5th, that is of course if the Indiana heat hasnt left you withered and emaciated.

Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 19:20
I live in San Diego, in a 550 sq ft 1-bedroom. Cost? $1150 a month. Just want to throw this perspective in =P

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 04:56
Bakfed, that hurts me!
When I was living in LA i had a 2br 2 ba about the same size as the one I'll get in Btown for $2400 it was nice though. I actually talked them down since the building was half empty as the time, see there is one good thing during a recession.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, Columbia, Kelley, Stern, McCombs, Owen, Mendoza
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 14:08
I'm also living in the fields. My girlfriend and I have 2 dogs and decided on the 2 bed 2 bath w/ a loft (~1325 sqft $1160/mo). It's the floor plan they were showing the Sunday after experience weekend if anyone went and visited.

We are moving in late July so we can get settled before orientation starts. Are you guys going to do the jumpstart?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 14:13
brown2404 wrote:
I'm also living in the fields. My girlfriend and I have 2 dogs and decided on the 2 bed 2 bath w/ a loft (~1325 sqft $1160/mo). It's the floor plan they were showing the Sunday after experience weekend if anyone went and visited.

We are moving in late July so we can get settled before orientation starts. Are you guys going to do the jumpstart?

Howdy future Fields neighbor :-D I am definitely taking jumpstart as it has been something like 15 years since I have taken stuff like fin accounting and economics, and never really learned now to use excel properly.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, Columbia, Kelley, Stern, McCombs, Owen, Mendoza

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 14:37
Howdy future Fields neighbor :-D I am definitely taking jumpstart as it has been something like 15 years since I have taken stuff like fin accounting and economics, and never really learned now to use excel properly.[/quote]

There were a few others at The Fields looking at apartments while we were there. It seems like there will be a decent group of us living there. I'm leaning toward taking the jumpstart classes just to get back in "school mode".
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley School of Business - Class of 2013

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 18:17
Another admitted student here. I had a great time at KEW and was really sold on Kelley there (even though I was 95% set on it before attending). My wife and I will be living off West 5th Street in an older 2 br house. We're moving there the first week in August in time for Jump Start.

Just wanted to say hi!
Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2011, 02:22
Your successful admission to Kelley depends on your sustained dedication to academic excellence. If you’re a hard worker and consistently earn good grades, you’re on your way to becoming a Kelley student.
Manager
Manager
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 15:37
I'm currently an undergrad senior at Kelley. My advice-- Live downtown (the square area)!!

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Re: Admitted to Indiana University Kelley class of 2013   [#permalink] 29 Dec 2011, 15:37