Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 22:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 05:50
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 09:10
Can Kellogg students get Northwestern Athletics tickets (primarily football and basketball). If so, how does that work?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 5

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 09:25
maverick2011 wrote:
Can Kellogg students get Northwestern Athletics tickets (primarily football and basketball). If so, how does that work?

I was wondering that too - already have several friends coming in for the Wisconsin game...

http://bent.tw

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 09:30
maverick2011 wrote:

Yah - I think they cost somewhere around $20. You have to buy them ahead of time by sending a fax to the ticket office (its a pretty awful system).

Kellogg often does free tailgates up at football games.
Manager
Manager

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 09:37
Steel wrote:
maverick2011 wrote:

Yah - I think they cost somewhere around $20. You have to buy them ahead of time by sending a fax to the ticket office (its a pretty awful system).

I think the fact tickets are freely available is a bigger problem ;)

Have to camp out at UW...

Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 11:59
Steel wrote:

Yeah, tickets are $20 for non-Big Ten games, and $30 for Big Ten games, or $114 for season tickets. Then there is the rock-solid schedule of Towson (seriously, WTF?), Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Minnesota, Indiana, Penn State, and Wisconsin. Wow, what a terrible schedule (except for the last two). No wonder no southern football fan respects the Big Ten as a conference, it's a joke!! :wink: Here's the link:

http://nusports.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/nw/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/FB09StudentSeason
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2009, 14:27
Anybody using AT&T in Evanston? How's the reception for AT&T phones there? I'm thinking of getting a phone from them but am still in New York.

Thanks,
Gil
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2009, 21:39
I had my at&t phone when I went to visit. They have signal in the building but not in the classroom I sit. Not a big issue I don't think, unless you plan to do some texting in class. :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2009, 22:58
billyjeans wrote:
I had my at&t phone when I went to visit. They have signal in the building but not in the classroom I sit. Not a big issue I don't think, unless you plan to do some texting in class. :)

With smartphone, there is no need for texting - it's pure profit. Let's control the monster! Push email (or IM) FTW...

VP
VP
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2009, 04:05
monkbent wrote:
billyjeans wrote:

With smartphone, there is no need for texting - it's pure profit. Let's control the monster! Push email (or IM) FTW...

I agree with you monkbent, much better to use email or IM if everyone involved has a smartphone. Unfortunately if there's no signal in the classroom though neither of those will work either.

Most of the classrooms I was in in Jacobs I had good signal from T-Mobile, but since there's an internal antenna I'd assume AT&T would have the same coverage inside the building. Only classrooms I had any problem with were on the bottom floor.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2009, 05:43
i-phones connect to the network so no issue with a signal if you want to message or email or whatever anywhere in Jacobs if you have one of them.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

VP
VP
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 02:16
Oh right, totally wasn't thinking about wi-fi. :oops:

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 03:20
excelent post
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 06:51
What's the plan for happy hour?

Anyone want to grab drinks Thursday before KWEST?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 06:23
Jerz wrote:
Oh right, totally wasn't thinking about wi-fi. :oops:

My iPhone on AT&T gets reception in most classrooms and rooms in Jacobs. Some spotty coverage in a couple spots - but generally no problem.

Generally - I find AT&T coverage in Chicago to be much better than in NYC.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 06:45
Hey all,

The incoming class profile for 2009 is out...

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Pro ... ofile.aspx

Some differences from last year...

-------------------
Don't Worry, Be Happy!
-------------------

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 693 [1] , given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 16:13
This post received
KUDOS
For your enjoyment
Attachments

File comment: 2007, 2008, and now 2009 Kellogg Incoming Class Profile
Kellogg Incoming Class Profile.pdf [176.41 KiB]
Downloaded 130 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Current Student
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 20:42
Wow, I am surprised on a couple fronts. First, that total application volume was under 6,000. Thought if anything that would have been higher. Second, I can't believe that 31 is the oldest incoming full time student and even then, only 7 years for max work experience.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 20:48
domtri33 wrote:
Wow, I am surprised on a couple fronts. First, that total application volume was under 6,000. Thought if anything that would have been higher. Second, I can't believe that 31 is the oldest incoming full time student and even then, only 7 years for max work experience.

Opps nevermind. Was looking at the link, not the PDF. Good work river! +1.

8.5% increase in the full time class size. Perhaps yield was a bit higher than expected?

Wow, are the base salary ranges listed for accepted students? They seem exceptionally high.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 03:46
domtri33 wrote:
domtri33 wrote:

Opps nevermind. Was looking at the link, not the PDF. Good work river! +1.

8.5% increase in the full time class size. Perhaps yield was a bit higher than expected?

Wow, are the base salary ranges listed for accepted students? They seem exceptionally high.

Domtri, thats the middle 80% so there definitely are 24 year olds with 2 years and people in their upper 30s with more than a decade.

I think the class size is larger than anticipated so they may have overestimated the number of admitted students who decide to totally skip school. They probably have an idea of how many typically head to other schools but the wildcard were people scarred off entirely of going to b-school. I bet the numbers decline as some end up not going and they dont take people from the waitlist.

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2009, 03:46