Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 02:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 03:01
There's a schedule on the welcome site that says Sunday and Monday (Labor Day) are free days.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 22:00
A car isn't a necessity at Kellogg - correct? Is it worth paying the monthly insurance and parking? What are others doing - selling off the car before moving to Evanston?
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2011, 09:51
You won't need a car in Evanston, but it can be convenient to have one. It's a very walkable town and, assuming you're living near campus, you can walk to most things you need. Some shopping centers are further away, but there are buses you can take. I had a car and only used it a few times a week: for grocery shopping so I didn't have to shop at the Whole Foods (there's a Jewel but it's a little further away), and occasionally on weekends to go places. It also came in handy for driving to campus for those winter night classes when the temperature dropped.

Looking back, for me it was worth the extra cost, but plenty of my friends didn't have a car and it didn't bother them. For those few times when you would need one, there's a zipcar in Evanston and/or you can borrow someone else's car.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 18:54
Thanks Jerz.

From looking through past gmatclub threads, it looks like most internships start mid-June and run until the end of August. I may be able to get a 11-month lease starting August 1, thus saving me a month's rent (for July next year). Other than the hassle of finding a new place and moving for the second year, this seems to be ideal. Am I missing something?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 11:34
To any current Kellogg students/alum: just curious, is there any sense in which you're ever asked to share the results of your 360º leadership assessment that you and others complete before classes start?

The forms all say that it's confidential, "unless the student chooses to share the results," but I'm wondering if there's an informal push to share the results, or if it's ever asked of students.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 20:18
mbahopeful2012 wrote:
Thanks Jerz.

From looking through past gmatclub threads, it looks like most internships start mid-June and run until the end of August. I may be able to get a 11-month lease starting August 1, thus saving me a month's rent (for July next year). Other than the hassle of finding a new place and moving for the second year, this seems to be ideal. Am I missing something?

Your calendar is correct. Most internships will start by mid-June, and the earliest anyone is back for 2nd year is mid-August. Some people stay in Evanston for the summer if they intern in Chicago.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 20:19
mba762 wrote:
To any current Kellogg students/alum: just curious, is there any sense in which you're ever asked to share the results of your 360º leadership assessment that you and others complete before classes start?

The forms all say that it's confidential, "unless the student chooses to share the results," but I'm wondering if there's an informal push to share the results, or if it's ever asked of students.

As far as I remember, there was no push to share results, and people didn't really seem too interested in finding out classmates' results.

VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 13:46
Same here, I don't think anyone ever mentioned it again after the session during CIM when they gave us the results.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 07:07
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the info!

Admitted students are in the process of selecting core courses for the Fall. We have two choices to make: whether to enroll in Finc-440 (turbo-finance) or not, and whether to take a marketing, finance, or micro-economics core course for the fall term.

I'm primarily interested in management consulting. Do MBB want to see students take turbo-finance, or does this decision not play heavily into recruiting for consulting? Is there an advantage to taking any of the aforementioned core courses in the fall in order to better prep for the consulting case interviews for internships after winter break?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2013
WE 1: US Military
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2011, 13:19
Anybody not been verified by Re Vera Services yet?? They managed to lose my release and didnt let me know until two weeks ago - so the process just started for me. My application was 100% honest, but still it makes me nervous to have already signed a lease, arranged moving, etc... and I still have not gotten the full buy off yet :?

Feels like I'm waiting to get admitted again...
Manager
Manager

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2011, 17:43
I haven't gotten a confirmation from Re Vera despite sending the authorization to them two weeks ago. So my verification hasn't event started! I spoke with them a couple of times...apparently, there is a delay at Kellogg's end for late admits. Kellogg has to look up and transmit applicant info to Re Vera manually.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2011, 21:36
As far as I remember from last year, there is no notification that you successfully "passed" verification. So you just hope to hear no bad news.

Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2011, 21:36