Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NABA, AKA
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Management, Wealth Management, Commercial Banking
Schools:Booth (Accepted + 60K!), Kellogg (Accepted + 70K!), Stanford (Ding), Duke (Withdrawn)
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: Technology Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink]
Sweetshel86 wrote:
So who on here is definitely going to Kellogg?

Hi Sweetshel86, I see that you're also a Kellogg/Booth admit. Did you make it to both ASWs and have you made your decision yet?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Booth (Accepted + 60K!), Kellogg (Accepted + 70K!), Stanford (Ding), Duke (Withdrawn)
 Q45  V41
Send PM
I literally just paid my deposit for Kellogg 1 hr ago. I'm studying Finance so all common sense said go to Booth, but I went to the admit weekend and just didn't feel connected to the school. Unfortunately, the Kellogg weekend was the same as Booth's but I've visited Kellogg before and talked extensively with current students. I feel much more compatible with the vibe there, love the programs they offer, and am impressed with the finance recruiting opportunities there, so Kellogg it is!

Have you decided??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Sweetshel86 wrote:
I literally just paid my deposit for Kellogg 1 hr ago. I'm studying Finance so all common sense said go to Booth, but I went to the admit weekend and just didn't feel connected to the school. Unfortunately, the Kellogg weekend was the same as Booth's but I've visited Kellogg before and talked extensively with current students. I feel much more compatible with the vibe there, love the programs they offer, and am impressed with the finance recruiting opportunities there, so Kellogg it is!

Have you decided??

That's really interesting. I'm going into marketing and I have a stronger connection with Booth than Kellogg. It's funny how that works. I'm still in the decision making process. congrats on your decision!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:R1: Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, Michigan, Kellogg, Duke
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Sweetshel86 wrote:
So who on here is definitely going to Kellogg?

count me in. for people who submitted fafsa and financial aid (i submitted mine on feb 9), i got the fin aid letter this past monday. happily surprised to see 13k in scholarship money. for current and past kellogg students - can i assume this amount will be renewed the second year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Consortium (Haas, Ross,Tepper)
WE 1: 8 yrs High Tech
Send PM
bpengage wrote:
count me in. for people who submitted fafsa and financial aid (i submitted mine on feb 9), i got the fin aid letter this past monday. happily surprised to see 13k in scholarship money. for current and past kellogg students - can i assume this amount will be renewed the second year?

I have also received my provisional financial aid offer and it states:

Continuing Two-Year Program students who receive a Merit and Need-Based Scholarship/Grant for their first year will receive the same amount in their second year if sufficient financial need is demonstrated and satisfactory academic progress is maintained.
Current Student
Send PM
alineq wrote:
bpengage wrote:

Continuing Two-Year Program students who receive a Merit and Need-Based Scholarship/Grant for their first year will receive the same amount in their second year if sufficient financial need is demonstrated and satisfactory academic progress is maintained.

yea i saw that. i was wondering if it can be assumed that it will be renewed given that most people's financial need will not change (other than income from an internship) and academic progress will be satisfactory.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Not sure what the official line is on scholarships being renewed, but I've never heard of anyone losing their scholarship in the 2nd year. They're re-evaluated when you re-apply for financial aid for your second year, so the exact amount may change slightly as the cost of attendance changes (generally upward), but for budgeting purposes you're safe to assume you'll get the scholarship again next year.
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
I called the financial aid office and they said all need-based scholarships are recurring and may even increase the second yr :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
bpengage wrote:
alineq wrote:
bpengage wrote:

yea i saw that. i was wondering if it can be assumed that it will be renewed given that most people's financial need will not change (other than income from an internship) and academic progress will be satisfactory.

My scholarship went up from one year to the next...I also had a mid year change to a named scholarship. I guess it was an alum who half way through my first year donated a large chunk of money for fund a few scholarships and they decided to name a few of us starting at that point. If you get X the first year, its a save bet it will be X + some more for the second year.
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks Jerz and riverripper! that's great to know
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Deposit day! Who else is in? I'm looking forward to those Amex points...

Also, I received a little scholarship with my financial aid offer last week, which was a nice bonus.
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Lucky you :)

No bonus with my offer. I Paid my deposit this week end (hum my non US card was refused for times! had to use someone's card !!!) so I'm in....

How many people here accepted for R1 then?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Consortium (Haas, Ross,Tepper)
WE 1: 8 yrs High Tech
Send PM
Count me in also! Paid my deposit yesterday
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Long term lurker in the forum. I got a call this afternoon from an admissions officer, I have been admitted in Round 2!

FYI, Northwestern is my alma mater and I've spent over 5 years living in Evanston doing my undergrad and my engineering master's. If anyone on the forum has any questions about Evanston and what's it like living there as a student, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
New R2 admit here. Now I've got a tough decision to make between Haas and Kellogg. I went to Days at Haas two weeks ago and really enjoyed the school and all the people I met, plus staying in California (and its weather) is a bonus.

Further complicating things is the fact that Haas gave me a pretty nice scholarship offer, and Kellogg hasn't said anything about scholarships so far. Unfortunately I won't be able to make DAK II because I already had a Hawaii vacation planned for that week, but I may look at another weekend to do an unofficial visit.

I'm all ears if anyone has advice one way or another on my situation.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Regarding scholarships - Kellogg saves most of its scholarships (except for the big ones like Austin Scholars) for later when you apply for financial aid, so if Haas' scholarship is a big deciding factor for you I wouldn't make a decision until you get Kellogg's aid package, since most people will receive some scholarship money then.

I was in a similar situation: I had a 50% tuition scholarship offer from Duke and was trying to decide between there and Kellogg. By the time the Kellogg fin aid process was finished, I had nearly as much in scholarships from Kellogg so it made it a non-issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats all! join the facebook group - Kellogg MBA Class of 2013
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9