Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 18:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Ross,Johnson, Darden, McCombs, Simon
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 11:16
Congrats to everyone. I will definitely be at the GBR and I am 95% sure I will be in Ann Arbor next fall. I look forward to meeting some of you in April as well as next fall!

Good luck to those on the waitlist and maverickMBA, I am sorry but my slot is taken.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 11:18
Also, I am in Syracuse, NY so Ann Arbor is going to be like a Hawaiian vacation for me.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 15:06
filmcity wrote:
PleaseSleep wrote:
coolmayank123 wrote:
...applicants who apply nd dont withdraw to ross r people who didnt get through nd know very well that they dont stand a chance in H/S/W/CHICAGO/KELLOGG/MIT..so Ross is the best bet they have because its definitely the best tier 2 school.

Let me get this straight...

Are you implying that Ross admits/current students are losers who can't get an admit at schools like Booth and Kellogg? Are you really posting this on "Admitted Ross Class of 2011" thread? What a way to ruin the party.

People, dont fret over Mayank's comments!!

He has build quite a reputation for himself in BW forum as well for extremely abominable comments ( remember Rankingsgod!!!). Fortunately, he is smart enough to leave enough footprints ( IIT Grad, First job in BCG, working in assett mgmt now etc. etc). I wonder, how many people would love to work with him in future...

Is he the same guy who has lost his sanity after Chicago admit? I guess he has not been able to digest his accomplishment. He keeps on posting and deleting his messages all over, at least defend what you post!
And as ncprasad says there are tons of other reasons for choosing schools. Two days back I met this guy who is choosing Duke over Kellogg. I, amongst other reasons, chose Duke because my spouse has a stable job in Durham. Ofcourse in the world of coolmayank, both of us are losers !!
Ross is an excellent school and nobody's comment can change that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 15:22
matty0212 wrote:
ryguy904 wrote:
And on another note - similar to the weather poll question that I posted, it "feels like" -5 degrees in Ann Arbor right now. Holy crap!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... centsearch

And this is why I'm glad I grew up near Chicago. I'm not going to say I'm immune to the cold, but I bet I'm going to fare better than those comming from sunny SoCal. :P

And if you were still in Chicago now you'd be enjoying our -30 degree day.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 16:15
I just received a phone call from a second year just to congratulate me and see if I had any questions. This was really cool, but when he first said that he was from the admission committee at Ross, the first thing that popped in my head was that they made a mistake like the Kellogg ordeal. My heart skipped a beat but I was fine after I heard the congratulations, etc. I just thought it was sort of funny.
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 74647

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 16:30
Congrats everyone!! Good luck to those on the waitlist!
Current Student
Schools: Ross '11

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2009, 16:34
dghazer wrote:
I just received a phone call from a second year just to congratulate me and see if I had any questions. This was really cool, but when he first said that he was from the admission committee at Ross, the first thing that popped in my head was that they made a mistake like the Kellogg ordeal. My heart skipped a beat but I was fine after I heard the congratulations, etc. I just thought it was sort of funny.

Uh yeah...I could imagine how that would freak you out!
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2009, 17:31
So, is anyone else going to the admitted student event in San Francisco on 2/5, or any other city for that matter?

Boston - 3/? (TBD)
Chicago - 2/5
LA - 3/? (TBD)
NYC - 2/5
SF - 2/5
DC - 2/4
Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2009, 18:35
YihWei wrote:
So, is anyone else going to the admitted student event in San Francisco on 2/5, or any other city for that matter?

Boston - 3/? (TBD)
Chicago - 2/5
LA - 3/? (TBD)
NYC - 2/5
SF - 2/5
DC - 2/4

I'll be at the SF one...

Is it actually set yet?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2009, 18:41
nomsg7111 wrote:

I'll be at the SF one...

Is it actually set yet?

Sure is!

Le Colonial
20 Cosmo Place
415-931-3600

Thursday 2/5, 7-9PM
Business Casual (I wonder if it's OK to wear my M hat? :rotate)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard, Kellogg, Chicago, Ross
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2009, 18:50
I'm going to miss the reception in DC, at least I'll make GBR.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2009, 11:25
YihWei wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:

I'll be at the SF one...

Is it actually set yet?

Sure is!

Le Colonial
20 Cosmo Place
415-931-3600

Thursday 2/5, 7-9PM
Business Casual (I wonder if it's OK to wear my M hat? :rotate)

hah...the hat will make it easy to pick you out. Thanks for the info.

I've wanted to try "Le Colonial," I think its upscale Vietnamese food. It was listed on dine about town last year. I hope food is good :).
Current Student
Schools: University of Michigan Erb Institute '12

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2009, 23:39
So I guess I'm in it to win it with Ross now that Yale is official.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2009, 21:40
Hey does anyone know what we will be receiving in the admit folders? Is it real information or just a bunch of Ross fluff?

I know I am planning way ahead, but I kinda want to start locking up an apartment and other stuff. Anyone have an idea of what I can be doing right now to get prepared for next fall?
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2009, 22:50
dghazer wrote:
Hey does anyone know what we will be receiving in the admit folders? Is it real information or just a bunch of Ross fluff?

I know I am planning way ahead, but I kinda want to start locking up an apartment and other stuff. Anyone have an idea of what I can be doing right now to get prepared for next fall?

Just got mine tonight. There isn't really anything too substantial in it, although it is a pretty nice binder. Most of the stuff can be found on craigslist or the Ross website. Comes with a T-shirt too...a large...I need a medium...
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2009, 23:04
nomsg7111 wrote:
dghazer wrote:

Just got mine tonight. There isn't really anything too substantial in it, although it is a pretty nice binder. Most of the stuff can be found on craigslist or the Ross website. Comes with a T-shirt too...a large...I need a medium...

Just looked at the tuition. I'm scared.
Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2009, 08:00
I'll be at the reception in DC in a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you there.
Also - I did my undergrad at Michigan, so if anyone has any questions I can help with, let me know :)
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2009, 14:29
Just got the folder today and yeah, nothing much I havent seen online already. I got a large T-shirt as well and I need to trade up the other way. So if anyone out there received a XL or XXL, I will trade you in April...lol.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2009, 19:15
Just got my admit package today. I can't stop flipping through the binder! Also, lucky me that L is the perfect shirt size!!!

chitchat - when'd you graduate and which school were you in? I was LSA 2003.

Go Blue!
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2009, 19:59
Hi NC,

I always wanted to get in touch with you as I always find your posts very valuable. I am an Indian R1 applicant to R1, but have been waitlisted. Honestly, Ross is my top choice school and I really want to get in there this fall. Do you have any advice for me?

With so many applicants waitlisted, how can I improve my chances of getting admitted?
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread!   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2009, 19:59