Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:11

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 11:58
Hi everyone -

I'm late to the party here, I couldn't find this thread until now! Congrats to everyone. I currently live in Cary, NC; I wish there was an admitted students reception somewhere in the South. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until GBR to meet all you people.

-Billy
Intern
Intern
Schools: All R2: Kellogg (int) Ross (accepted!) Kenan-Flagler (accepted +20k) Columbia (ding) Owen (accepted + 60k) McCombs (int)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 10:39
Hi All! I'm late to the party too. I'm in CA, OC area, working in financial operations. I'm planning on attending GBR and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Has anyone recieved a financial aid offer?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 14

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 12:32
My FASFA stuff just went through today, I think it is still a little bit early in the process for aid awards. At least for domestic people like me. Binders are due out next week if you are looking for additional info.

Becky
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 16:50
tigerbeck wrote:
My FASFA stuff just went through today, I think it is still a little bit early in the process for aid awards. At least for domestic people like me. Binders are due out next week if you are looking for additional info.

Becky

Got my binder today; exciting content. Now, I need to figure out when to make my b-school plans known to my company as I need to get the HireRight verification behind me soon. For my employment verification, I need to provide details for my last 2 employers. Is this consistent with those of you have received your binders? I am not sure whether HireRight inquiries will be a giveaway to my current employer about my intentions to leave for school. I had wanted to wait till June before making it official. Do you guys think HireRight is going to tell my employer that I am leaving for school? Insights will be appreciated!
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 10:10
Has everyone locked down housing yet? I'm still looking at places online, but I'll probably decide on something before the end of May.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 10:14
Av wrote:
Has everyone locked down housing yet? I'm still looking at places online, but I'll probably decide on something before the end of May.

Nope. I'm still looking as well. What neighborhoods are you looking at, Av? And will you have a roommate? I've been trying to use craigslist and showmetherent websites before having to resort to a realty.
Current Student
Schools: Michigan Ross Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 13:46
I just signed a lease on a great 2br about a half block from Ross. It's in great condition compared to the other places I saw near campus. I checked their website and there are still units available (all 2br/1ba). If anyone is interested, PM me for the link. I can also email pictures the landlord sent me that are not on the website.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: Ross (admit!), Booth (WL w/int), Tuck (WL w/int), Stern (int), Fuqua (int), Anderson (int), Kellogg 1Y (ding w/int), Columbia (ding w/o int)
WE 1: 5yrs corporate finance at a Fortune 500 insurance company
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 10:38
I am looking for a place close to campus (hoping to find a good roommate too!) but I don't have plans to go look in person until Ross Rendezvous (June 10) and I'm worried I'll be pretty out of luck at that point. Not so comfortable committing to a place just online though. Any insight on availability into June?
Director
Director

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 11:33
SeattleMBA2013 wrote:
I am looking for a place close to campus (hoping to find a good roommate too!) but I don't have plans to go look in person until Ross Rendezvous (June 10) and I'm worried I'll be pretty out of luck at that point. Not so comfortable committing to a place just online though. Any insight on availability into June?
There were a couple of MBA1's that told me they found their places in June.

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Schools: GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 22:46
Greetings future Michiganders. Who has advice for an Oregonian puttering eastward in his pickup in August?
Can one cheat the algorithm and only list one M-Trek? (Glacier N.P.)
Would that I had more ca$h and time, but inside the lower 48 is the only thing not outside my reach.
Also, is there an event at Ross in early June? I remember some mention of it above. An ideal time to seek accommodations I imagine?
Holler.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Darden
WE 1: 5 yrs Investment Banking

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 05:03
Hi fbardolph,

Although gmat club is an amazing resource, try sending your questions in the Ross google group. It is an excellent way to answer a lot these questions that come up during this chaotic period. This especially valuable for subjects dealing with course waiver, mtrek, housing, roomates, etc.

Try this link: http://groups.google.com/group/rossmba_2013
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 23 May 2011, 03:00
hi,

It seems as if not many of GC-bers are charting here.

Hope to see you all this fall!!!
Go BLUE
Director
Director

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 19:53
Is everyone doing an M-trek?

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 20:02
Ann Arbor "M-Trek" for me! :p
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 08:32
Just got admitted off the waitlist!

Do most students have cars on campus? Is it necessary or more of a burden? (coming from NYC)

My profile

Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross (admit after WL), Foster (admit), Wharton (ding), Thunderbird (admit)
WE 1: US Army logistics
WE 2: Client management & business development (Russian Auditing & accounting firm)
WE 3: Sales for renewable energy firm

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 10:35
mba2013 wrote:
Just got admitted off the waitlist!

Do most students have cars on campus? Is it necessary or more of a burden? (coming from NYC)

Congrats!

I don't know how many students have cars, but from what I understand, parking is a pain in the ass. & some of the apartments near campus even charge for parking spaces. There are lots of apartments & shared rental houses within 10 minutes of Ross, the bus is free for UM students, & most of the big socializing areas are within walking distance, so I'd say the need for a car is minimal.
Director
Director

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 11:47
You can get by without a car (a lot of people do), but I'll be taking mine.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 10:40
Thanks all!

I started looking at housing and found these two interesting places - could I get your thoughts?

1) University Towers - looks nice, I'm used to the high-rise living (from NY), and clean. But heard it is full of undergrads?
2) Zaragon Place - very nice, but very expensive. Not sure if the amenities are worth it.

Do bschool students live in both buildings? I don't want to be on an island in my apartment complex. But I did like how both of these are so close to the Ross building.

Thanks

My profile

Director
Director

Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2011, 11:58
mba2013 wrote:
Thanks all!

I started looking at housing and found these two interesting places - could I get your thoughts?

1) University Towers - looks nice, I'm used to the high-rise living (from NY), and clean. But heard it is full of undergrads?
2) Zaragon Place - very nice, but very expensive. Not sure if the amenities are worth it.

Do bschool students live in both buildings? I don't want to be on an island in my apartment complex. But I did like how both of these are so close to the Ross building.

Thanks

This late in the game, it's really hard to find a good rental property within a 5 minute walk to Ross. I waited until May and was pretty disappointed with the selection. I'll be making the 15-18 minute walk from Nob Hill next year.

A small number of Ross students live in University Towers and Zaragon (your comments are consistent with what I heard at GBR). If you want a 2BR, 829 Tappan is one of the better properties, but they might be leased out for the year.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2011, 08:14
I can confirm that 829 Tappan is sold out unfortunately. But I found some admits looking for roommates in the Google group so that might be an option.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Admitted to Ross Class of 2013 Thread   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2011, 08:14