Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA I
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton
GMAT 3: 720
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Wharton Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink]
bugmenot1 wrote:
Hi - how do we check our Wharton email addresses? I went to the Wharton webmail site and entered my username and password (my PennKey credentials), but I can't log in.

you have to set up the webmail first:

https://apps.wharton.upenn.edu/accounts/index.cfm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Do you guys know of the link where the students who got admitted to Wharton have posted their profiles. It gives a very good view of who got admitted.. Please help
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All -since it was a topic here a while back, just wanting to let you know that I received pre-term information in the mail. I haven't gone through them yet so can't really tell the content of the booklets.
On another note, I still haven't gotten any confirmation on GMAT score check from Wharton/Re-Vera or an email on completion of the background checks- have you?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I haven't heard anything on my GMAT score confirmation or completion of the background check either. I don't know anyone who has yet if that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pre-Term Math exam will be up soon. I see a textbook recommendation, but does anyone see anything resembling a syllabus/summary of expected knowledge? I'd rather not have to read an entire math textbook, but it's been a while since undergrad....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LetsGetDinged wrote:
Pre-Term Math exam will be up soon. I see a textbook recommendation, but does anyone see anything resembling a syllabus/summary of expected knowledge? I'd rather not have to read an entire math textbook, but it's been a while since undergrad....

FYI, I emailed the program office and received this response: "We hope to have the math exam available within the next week or so and will open a portal that will include some previous exams. They will give you an idea of what to expect and where you might need to refresh your skills. We’ll make an announcement and send message to all when the site is ready."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any R2 admits received verification on the background check. If so, when were the background checks initiated, and when was confirmation received. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
LetsGetDinged wrote:

I'm kind of confused about this exam.

1- Do we have classes during the pre-term to prepare for this exam or are we supposed to take it online before pre-term?
2- Is this just a mandatory/pre-requisite thing or does it also waive some other class/course/program/camp?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lalaland wrote:
Have any R2 admits received verification on the background check. If so, when were the background checks initiated, and when was confirmation received. Thanks

I haven't heard anything, started April 4th, confirmation a couple of days later. I had some back and forth with Re-vera on contact info, etc, but have not heard anything since mid april.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gracey wrote:
lalaland wrote:

I haven't heard anything, started April 4th, confirmation a couple of days later. I had some back and forth with Re-vera on contact info, etc, but have not heard anything since mid april.

Just got the email stating the completion of my verification process, I would imagine others would receive the same, looks like they do it in batches
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
gracey wrote:
gracey wrote:
lalaland wrote:

Just got the email stating the completion of my verification process, I would imagine others would receive the same, looks like they do it in batches

Just got the email here as well - finally!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
letmein wrote:
Just got the email here as well - finally!

Same here!
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategic Management and Finance
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Send PM
i have not checked in on here in awhile, great info here, i am working the financing piece too and wish I had the skill some of you have

most of my financing is still up in the air based on Veterans Affairs programs but I will definitely check in and see the best loan option, i applied for the 20,500 loan from the govt before reading this, jmw is a beast and i should have checked with him hah

i am down to my last 2 weeks on active duty, then its time to move to philly, im over in rittenhouse on 20th and spruce, i look forward to meeting you guys/gals and getting through this awesome program and having a lot of fun along the way

have a great summer everyone and see you in Philly
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wp06 wrote:
i look forward to meeting you guys/gals and getting through this awesome program and having a lot of fun along the way

have a great summer everyone and see you in Philly

Thanks! You too! See you guys in Philly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Perfect007 wrote:
LetsGetDinged wrote:

I'm kind of confused about this exam.

1- Do we have classes during the pre-term to prepare for this exam or are we supposed to take it online before pre-term?
2- Is this just a mandatory/pre-requisite thing or does it also waive some other class/course/program/camp?

Thanks.

The process is outlined on page 7 of the "Get Started!" book you can find it here:

https://spike.wharton.upenn.edu/mbaprogr ... d_wg13.pdf

FYI, I got a bunch of materials - prior exams, lessons plans from "Math Camp", the pre-term math class, etc. Shoot me a PM with your email if you'd like me to pass along.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Are you guys buying a computer through the Wharton computer store? If not, what models are you looking at?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3