Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Wharton Class of 2011! [#permalink]
Personally I didn't care for either Wharton or HBS, I dont see a huge issue but lots of folks who want the HBS stamp would wait. I guess it depends on your goals and what you want for a timeline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I learned this recently in the Chicago thread and so I'm curious to see if this is true for Wharton as well. (Congrats, by the way, FN, on a stellar accomplishment with your admits.)

Does Wharton have a set of second deposit deadlines and if so what are they?
Current Student
Send PM
So here is what I understand of the steps required for matriculation:

1) Matriculation FORM
2) $1500 deposit
3) Verification Process
4) Mail in official Undergrad Transcripts

Since pre-term registration begins on May26th..I am assuming this all needs to happen for me in a weeks time..I dont have the pennkey yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Haas, Anderson, Booth, Kellogg MMM, Stanford
 Q49  V46
Send PM
You don't need PennKey for the initial matriculation steps.The verification process can start before the deposit is paid. Just fill out the simple Kroll forms. Don't forget to have your official GMAT scores sent if you haven't done that already. For a shot at any of the fellowship money, you'll need to make sure you fill out the NeedAccess forms, complete FAFSA, and write the 500 word essay. I don't know the deadlines for your round.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
FN wrote:
Since pre-term registration begins on May26th..I am assuming this all needs to happen for me in a weeks time..I dont have the pennkey yet!

Of course you don't have the Penn key yet, it comes much later in the process. intill then you have to complete all the steps you stated. In addition, you have to complete needaccess.org form, which is required of every admitted student. With this form completed you have to send them 1 page resume and the answer on the most stupid question on Earth: "Why do you need money?" (not to exceed 500 words).

Basicly, that would be it... Oh, yes, You have to send them salary confirmation and bank receipt. If you are NOT an international student then you have to send them W2. Yes, the deadline is pretty tight so you have to speed up. Nevertheless, try the forum forum for admitted students - prospero forums or something like that... Overthere you'll find some extremely usefull instructions and clarifications.

By the way, congratulations on the admit!
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks pathfinder_77 what are these forums you are referring to? are they on the welcome/admit portal ?

Pathfinder_77 wrote:
FN wrote:

Of course you don't have the Penn key yet, it comes much later in the process. intill then you have to complete all the steps you stated. In addition, you have to complete needaccess.org form, which is required of every admitted student. With this form completed you have to send them 1 page resume and the answer on the most stupid question on Earth: "Why do you need money?" (not to exceed 500 words).

Basicly, that would be it... Oh, yes, You have to send them salary confirmation and bank receipt. If you are NOT an international student then you have to send them W2. Yes, the deadline is pretty tight so you have to speed up. Nevertheless, try the forum forum for admitted students - prospero forums or something like that... Overthere you'll find some extremely usefull instructions and clarifications.

Current Student
Send PM
found it..E talk forum..did you ever get a group activation code in email? I dont recall receiving any..

Pathfinder_77 wrote:
FN wrote:

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Yes, that's the one. Group activation code? If I can recall it, we received it in the first mail after the admit, but it's kind of hidden :) Reason you overlooked it (I did it too) will be obvious for you. I'll send it in the PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Congrats guys! I hope to join you at Wharton next fall.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
FN wrote:
I am IN... got an email to check my status and I am in..i filled out the matriculation form confirming my intention to attend. Anyone know how soon I will get the pennkey access? I opted to mail the deposit..will i get the Kroll package after they receive the deposit?

Congrats!!! Sorry, I missed this news but better later than never :wink: It is great!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
You lucky bastards, I would love to be in your position once again: pre-term, sunshine, loads of soccer and drinking, trips, block parties, housewarmings, great memories... Mark my words: you'll be saying exactly the same thing in a year now! :-D

Couple of tips about pre-term: don't stress too much about classes in pre-term if you know the stuff already (for example you have an economics of financial background, CFA, etc), you'll do fine. Instead, travel a lot, party, and in general have fun (US Open end of August!). It is a truly stress-free period where everyone (including those who want to get on the directors list) should be enjoying the great weather and socializing, either by playing sports, going to a baseball game or going to the pub. Partying and socializing in general in pre-term is the best way to get to know your entire class, especially in the beginning when everybody will be going out (once the serious stuff starts some people will tone down). I made a lot of friends like that.

Don't forget that one of the main values of your MBA is the friendships and networking you'll build. If the only thing you do is go to classes and then go home, your MBA will have much less value than another person who managed to build a solid network. At the end of the day we're all human and we all want to work with people we get along with.

Anyway, as cheesy as this can sound, I'm looking forward to the new year and meeting the new recruits! (especially the Gmatters).
Current Student
Send PM
walker wrote:
FN wrote:
I am IN... got an email to check my status and I am in..i filled out the matriculation form confirming my intention to attend. Anyone know how soon I will get the pennkey access? I opted to mail the deposit..will i get the Kroll package after they receive the deposit?

Congrats!!! Sorry, I missed this news but better later than never :wink: It is great!

Thanks Walker...I couldnt have done it without your help!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
I would like to have some input from current students (especially those with a business/finance background) about waiving classes (I am now in the process of registering for pre-term).

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Paradosso wrote:
I would like to have some input from current students (especially those with a business/finance background) about waiving classes (I am now in the process of registering for pre-term).

Thanks!

General rule of thumb: waive anything and everything that you possibly can. Definitely try to waive out of Management of People at Work a.k.a. MANPAW, and Managerial Economics or MGEC: they may both be interesting subjects, but I at times felt I was wasting time -- a whole lot of time!

One may not waive out of Ethics at Wharton, but even if you were allowed to do so I would advice against doing so because it is a truly cool course; if you're lucky you'll get Pr. Donaldson - he is super good at what he does.

If you understand accounting, but cannot completely waive out of Financial Accounting either by credentials or by exam, try to at least take accelerated ACCT with Peggy Bishop Lane in the first semester - people enjoy her class a lot.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
There will be an informal get together for Wharton admits in San Francisco this week Thursday (June 11) A bunch of alums and second years will be there to share a beer and answer any questions you may have about the school and life at Wharton in general - this should be a cool opportunity to network.

PM me for details, and I will definitely see you there.
Current Student
Send PM
anyone taken the math waiver test yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 797 [0]
Given Kudos: 91