Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 12:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: UCSD (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 2.99
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 13:54
That is some really good advice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 35

Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 14:05
I took a diagnostic and got Q39 (and V39). I've been re-learning all the basics that I had forgotten, and am quickly approaching that glass ceiling (just got a Q42 on a practice test after making some silly mistakes). What are my options for breaking through the glass ceiling to eventually reach Q50? I have more than enough time. What are the alternatives to purchasing and using this book in conjunction with, say, GMAT Club tests?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 May 2012, 23:51
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the great advice and reviews. I gave the GMAT on 23rd May and score a 710 (Q49,V38) . I am planning to retake the GMAT in hopes of improving in both sections.Actually i ran out of time in both sections and had to guess in the last 2-3 questions.I will be ordering this book from flipkart and will see if i can improve on my Quant performance.

Cheers
G2

A RollerCoaster to 710
a-rollercoaster-to-134589.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 16:03
Great review! made my decision to purchase it very easy. I was stuck at around Q42-Q43 for the longest time, and this book takes a lot of the credit for moving me out of that score-range, to a Q50 on gmat day. It teaches you to recognize the traps the quant section is trying to throw at you. While it is hard for any book to test efficiently for tricks and traps after explaining to you every trick and trap for the previous 100 pages, it does a good job of laying bare the types of questions that could be asked at the highest level.

The 150 questions at the end of the book are very very difficult, harder than mostly anything you might see on the gmat, and great practice.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 242

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 05:29
@ JohnGalt44: Thanks for the input!

Currently standing at Q44 (my score at my first GMAT attempt), I thought that I have to boost my score first to at least Q46/Q48 and then make use of the MGMAT Advanced Quant. Do you think my current level will still be a good moment to start it? I already have it at home, but had jsut postponed the moment to tackle it. Your insight on this matter will be well appreciated.

All the best,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 242

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 15:54
Thanks, guys!

It seems that I should first redo my Quant questions from the error log and understand the concept behind (where needed reread MGMAT Quant guides) and then move to Advanced Quant from MGMAT.

All the best,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

CBS Thread Master
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 11:33
Expert's post
Hi Experts (bb/Bunuel and others),
Could you please help me with this ?

Which one is more difficult (or should I say you'd recommend) to get anything in the range 48-50 on GMAT - GC Quant Tests/Questions or Manhattan's Advanced Quant , when you're under time constraint and subsequently would have to go for either of these two ?

Much appreciate your feedback.

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

CBS Thread Master
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 13:55
Expert's post
bb wrote:
Well... you saw my first post - I feel it is too hard. At the same time, it is quite cheap (less than $20). At the same time, you can get GMAT Club tests for free if you redeem Kudos. http://gmatclub.com/tests/redeem-kudos.html
If you can improve your score elsewhere (verbal) for a shorter time/less effort, I would focus there and not try to chase the Q50 or 51.

If you think Quant is what you need to improve, you have enough Kudos (more than so for GMAT Club tests), start with them. I feel they are better suited for this kind of thing but that's me and I am biased in this case.

Thanks bb. +1.

Just sent you a PM on this..in fact couple of PMs! The latter slipped out of my mind that I'd need to follow-up with you on my query...! Thanks to my IB like work-load, GMAT prep and all :)

Looking forward to hear from you over there.

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

Re: Advanced GMAT Quant from Manhattan GMAT   [#permalink] 10 Sep 2013, 13:55