Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

advantage of MBA, and specific MBA for Entrepreneurship

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

is MBA worth the time and money for entrepreneur?

• 0% [0]
  • 50% [1]
  • 50% [1]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

advantage of MBA, and specific MBA for Entrepreneurship [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 14:34
I believe, one gets admitted to business schools with an end game in mind - which is often the criteria for acceptance. I hoipe my question is not in wrong thread :-D

I am a software engineer from India (in USA), and will like to start a business of my own. I have had no experience in managing a start up, so I am considering an MBA to gain knowledge about evaluation and anatomy pf a business while working in a job.

I am looking for some opinions about the issues

-does MBA in entrepreneurship help in developing networks with employees in venture capital, or is weighed very high by angel investors or people looking to join? Is there other alternatives for this purpose ?

- I am thinking of starting a business in asia pacific after an MBA.Is completing MBA from EU or AU a better investment in terms of developing professional network - despite lower rankings, because of proximity to those area.

- from any students doing MBA in entrepreneurship, what are the advantages you gained so far that wouldn't have been easier if you only didnt read book. Some examples will be helpful. Also, is there a way to network with MBA alumni if you are not a student ?

- Does the college matter when they are ranked similar? I am trying to choose between Booth, Kellogg and Stern - what would I need to look for while deciding between the colleges ?

These questions are fairly basic, but having multiple perspectives help.
Even links to any particularly helpful articles or message boards will be helpful. :)

thanks,
advantage of MBA, and specific MBA for Entrepreneurship   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2014, 14:34