Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [18]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [3]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 03-02-2015
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64883 [2]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Re: Advertisement: Today's consumer expects a level of personali [#permalink]
DesiGmat wrote:
I don't agree with OA.

According to me, Option B is correct.

Kindly provide the OE.

Here ya go -
OE :

Identify the Question Type:
This can be identified as an Inference question because it asks for the answer choice which must be true.

Untangle the Stimulus:
Everything in the stimulus must be treated as true. We see some very strong language in the stimulus. According to the stimulus, customer expectations are always increasing, and and Courtier Services seeks to meet or exceed those expectations.

Predict the Answer:
Since Courtier Services intends to meet expectations that keep rising, we can infer that Courtier Services expects their capabilities to meet those expectations to keep improving as well.

Evaluate the Choices:
Answer Choice (A) says that Courtier Services's goal can only be met if continuing improvements in personalized customer care are possible. This is information also given in the stimulus, so this is the correct inference.
Choice (B) is not implied in the stimulus, since a company can fail to anticipate customer expectations and still provide good customer care. This is an irrelevant inference.
Choice (C) is not implied in the stimulus, because success in maintaining and attracting customers depends only on the ability to provide personalized customer care, not on a company's specific goal regarding customer service. This is an inference that is too extreme.
Choice (D) is not implied in the stimulus either—a company that is satisfied with its present level of customer care may not see the quality of its customer care decline, but, according to the stimulus, its customers may no longer be satisfied with present level of care. This inference focuses on a faulty use of detail.
Choice (E) states that Courtier Services presently meets or exceeds its customers' expectations for personalized customer care. This is an inference that is outside of the scope because having a goal does not necessarily imply that the goal has been met.
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
DesiGmat wrote:
I don't agree with OA.

Kindly provide the OE.

B cannot be the answer. "Bound to Provide a poor customer care" is too strong for it to be an inference. Moreover the the argument nowhere states about the quality of customer care. It just states that if a company is satisfied with its customer care may not be able to withstand its customer base. No doubt if it continues to provide the same service it may be providing a good service, but not equalling its competitors'. There is no scope for a good or bad customer service in the argument. Hence B cannot be concluded.

Hit Kudos, If my post helps!!!

Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
DesiGmat wrote:
I don't agree with OA.

I also don't agree with the OA.

MasterOogway wrote:
According to the stimulus, customer expectations are always increasing,

This is wrong. The stimulus says that customer expectations increases with every advance in personalized care. So, if there are no advancements in personalized care there is no reason to believe that customer expectations will rise.

So, Courtier Services's goal can be met even if there is no improvement in personalized customer care. Having said this, I don't agree with any of the other choices as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 161 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
sathishkumar434 wrote:
DesiGmat wrote:
I don't agree with OA.

I also don't agree with the OA.

MasterOogway wrote:
According to the stimulus, customer expectations are always increasing,

This is wrong. The stimulus says that customer expectations increases with every advance in personalized care. So, if there are no advancements in personalized care there is no reason to believe that customer expectations will rise.

So, Courtier Services's goal can be met even if there is no improvement in personalized customer care. Having said this, I don't agree with any of the other choices as well.

No, the OE is correct.

Choice (B) is simply too extreme: Simply saying that a company that is satisfied with its present level of customer care is not the same as failing to anticipate customer expectations, nor is providing poor customer care necessarily correlative to having customers no longer interested in a company's service. That'd require an unwarranted leap in logic --- an assumption ~ something we can't do with these tricky inference type questions.

Choice (A) says that Courtier Services's goal can only be met if continuing improvements in personalized customer care are possible.
This is something directly found in the stimulus; as a result, we can draw up the proper conclusion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
bschool17 wrote:
Advertisement: Today's consumer expects a level of personalized customer care that was undreamt of only recently. Every advance in personalized care increases customer expectations. The company that is satisfied with its present level of customer care will soon find that its customers no longer are. At Courtier Services, our goal is to meet or exceed our customers' expectations.

Based on the statements in the advertisement above, which of the following must be true?

A. Courtier Services's goal can only be met if continuing improvements in personalized customer care are possible.
B. A company that fails to anticipate customer expectations is bound to provide poor customer care.
C. Courtier Services will steal customers from its competitors unless they adopt its goal as their own.
D. If a company is satisfied with its present level of customer care, then the quality of its customer care is sure to decline.
E. Courtier Services presently meets or exceeds its customers' expectations for personalized customer care.

Hi mikemcgarry,
Can you please throw some light on the OA which is A.
According to me,A uses 'only'.There is nothing mentioned in the stimulus from which we can infer that X is the only condition.
Besides this, even if we consider A to be true,it is directly mentioned in stimulus.Inference is something that we deduce and it is not clearly stated in passage.

Thanks in Advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 325
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Education)
Send PM
ANALYSIS

A. Courtier Services's goal can only be met if continuing improvements in personalized customer care are possible. YES this might be it.
B. A company that fails to anticipate customer expectations is bound to provide poor customer care. Not necessary. There is no connection between the two. Moreover we are talking about meeting or exceeding expectations here and not anticipating.
C. Courtier Services will steal customers from its competitors unless they adopt its goal as their own. Based on the passage we don't know what Courtier services will do if it does not adopt it's goal as it's own.
D. If a company is satisfied with its present level of customer care, then the quality of its customer care is sure to decline. No. It would try and improve it's personalized customer care to meet constantly rising customer expectations.
E. Courtier Services presently meets or exceeds its customers' expectations for personalized customer care. No. Need not be true. What if customer expectations have risen substantially ?? Then we cannot claim that it meets or exceeds expectations. Gone

A
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
DesiGmat wrote:
I don't agree with OA.

Kindly provide the OE.

The only reason B cannot be correct is because it is an advertisement rather than being an argument. It is also clear that the advertisement is published by courtier services. That eliminates B & D.
C makes no sense.
E is a deep rabbit hole.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts