Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 08:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice about rescore

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Advice about rescore [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 09:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone!

First of all thank you for all those useful information on the forum about TOEFL. Actually, I have got my results, and need some advice whether I should rescore or take the exam again.

I got 99 points (R: 28, L: 26, S: 23, W: 22), and need 101.

My Speaking scores consist of:

Speaking Skills Level Your Performance
Speaking about familiar topics Fair(2.5 - 3.0) Your responses indicate you are able to speak in English about your personal experiences and opinions in a mostly clear and coherent manner. Your speech is mostly clear with only occasional errors. Grammar and vocabulary are somewhat limited and include some errors. At times, the limitations prevent you from elaborating fully on your ideas, but they do not seriously interfere with overall communication.
Speaking about campus situations Fair(2.5 - 3.0) Your responses demonstrate an ability to speak in English about reading material and experiences typically encountered by university students. You are able to convey relevant information about conversations, newspaper articles, and campus bulletins; however, some details are missing or inaccurate. Limitations of grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation at times cause difficulty for the listener. However, they do not seriously interfere with overall communication.
Speaking about academic course content Fair(2.5 - 3.0) Your responses demonstrate that you are able to speak in English about academic reading and lecture material, with only minor communication problems. For the most part, your speech is clear and easy to understand. However, some problems with pronunciation and intonation may occasionally cause difficulty for the listener. Your use of grammar and vocabulary is adequate to talk about the topics, but some ideas are not fully developed or are inaccurate.

I felt that my speaking section was far better, than I did it during my practicing. Although it wasn't perfect, and my pronunciation was quite bad, as I have recently got my braces on my teeth. I don't know how much the pronunciation counts...

My writing section looks like:

Writing Skills Level Your Performance
Writing based on reading and listening Good(4.0 - 5.0) You responded well to the task, relating the lecture to the reading. Weaknesses, if you have any, might have to do with

slight imprecision in your summary of some of the main points and/or
use of English that is occasionally ungrammatical or unclear.

Writing based on knowledge and experience Fair(2.5 - 3.5) You expressed ideas with reasons, examples, and details, but your response indicated weaknesses such as

you may not provide enough specific support and development for your main points;
your ideas may be difficult to follow because of how you organize your essay or because of the language you use to connect your ideas; and/or
grammatical mistakes or vague/incorrect uses of words may make the writing difficult to understand.

I could finish the second task, and wrote appr. 400 words, but I didn't have time to review it, so some errors might have remained in that.

If I rescore now, I would get it (if I'm lucky) till 3th Jan. I could retake my exam on 13th Jan. I need to send my admission package by 31st Jan.

What is your advice, should I rescore, and if so, which section (W/S/both)?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Zoltan
Advice about rescore   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2011, 09:53