Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice Appreciated!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: Wharton, Kellogg, Anderson; R4: Haas
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Advice Appreciated! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 14:17
This is a first time post for me! I just took the GMATs and surprisingly here I am...hoping to get some advice/opinions on the schools I'm considering and how realistic they are based on the following stats:

- 25 Asian American Female

- Major: Business Economics; Minor: Accounting at T50 (3.2 GPA not so great)

- GMAT: 720 (94%) (38V, 49Q, 5.5AWA)

- 3+ years of Public Accounting experience

- Additional Info: Passed all CPA exams (currently applying for my certificate); Level 3 CFA candidate

- I have an interest in Management Consulting and Marketing but open to other specialties except finance.

- Schools I'm considering: Round 2- Kellogg, Wharton, Haas, Stanford, Harvard, UMich, UCLA

The schools are mostly elite, but want to get your opinions on how big of a stretch these schools are. I'm also trying to narrow selections to a bout 3-5 since I'm trying for round 2 (cutting it close!)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! :D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice Appreciated! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 14:39
Hi there, grats on such an awesome GMAT score.

Now, let's get to the point.

I'd hate to be a downer on things, but if I were you, I'd cut Stanford and Harvard off the list. Both Stanford and Harvard are notoriously known for caring about undergrad GPA. Stanford's director of admission came straight out and said/implied that undergrad GPA is something of the utmost importance to them. Not saying that people don't get in with a 3.2, but the chances become ever slimmer. I'd still keep wharton on there as one of the ultra-elites. Everything else seems do-able. I'd also look at Fuqua, Darden, and Tuck, of which these are all great management schools.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Advice Appreciated!   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2010, 14:39