Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Advice for a Master of Science in Finance in Europe [#permalink]
Without work experience, you must be quite young still, I know in Europe the Masters in Management is designed for students who are 21-22 and just graduated without work experience.

You could always come back in 4-5 years and do an MBA or a Masters in Finance if that is your goal. IMO you can get quite an exposure to finance topics from a Masters in Management and you can gain admits from schools that have strong brand recognition and great professional recruiting profiles.

Edit - I know a few friends I went to highschool with who went to Cass and sounded like they learned a lot but I think the job options are difficult to compare to a degree from a stronger branded school. Depends on what your career goals are.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, I'm 21..

I first thought about working for a few years before taking a master, but I'm scared that if I stopped studying now, I would never be willing to come back to "school" :?

Besides, I don't think I would get a lot of job offers with just an undergraduate degree taken in Italy..
For sure, not here in Italy!We still believe undergrad degrees are useless..

My goals are to work in a big Investment Bank or a Hedge Fund, possibly in the UK..I'm then looking for the best university among those three that would help me the most to get a position in an IB in London..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I think going from those 3 you mentioned to IB would be very difficult. I believe you can ask admissions offers what the success rate of placing students from the schools you got accepted to into UK IB. Even Cass does not have a great record for placement into IB from the masters into Finance (Front Office Roles), if you don't mind working Mid Office then Cass can work then maybe do an MBA in the future and try to transition to front office.

This is a huge investment so understand all the facts before you make the jump. You can learn a lot from just looking at employment report figures.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
You may also want to consider Master in Finance at IE.
They have two programs: Master in Advanced Finance - for experienced applicants, and Master in Finance - for relatively inexperienced people.
Also, take a look at Master in Finance from ESADE.
GMAT Club Bot