Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice from previous test takers appreciated!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 40

Advice from previous test takers appreciated! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 10:05
Would love some advice! In appx 88 days i'm taking the GMAT for the second time. I've located my weaknesses how-not-to-get-610-q42-v33-in-your-gmat-102453.html and have (hopefully) got my self off to a better start this time around.

However, i've got a lot of material and I would appreciate peoples advice on what should take priority over the next few months. I don't want to expend energy inefficiently on the wrong material at the wrong times like I did the last time.

This time around I have 2 hours each weekday, and 5 on each weekend day. I have the following to prepare with:

Used for first try and will have again for second try:
- 8 Mgmat guides + foundation maths guide - did each only once (not enough really)
- Gmat Pill SC videos by Zeke - again, only watched once, didn't use properly
- Chineseburned AWA guide
- 0G 12th edition
- MGMAT 4 CATS + 2 GMAT prep CATS

This time around (in addition to the above) I have:
- Signed up for Knewton course - just started last week
- OG 12th edition (bought again - fresh start)
- Verbal review 2nd ed
- Quant review 2nd ed
- GMAT Club grammar book
- Sc grail + associated question bank
- Will be getting more involved in the gmat club forum! Maths & Verbal. DS especially.
- Have 2 Mgmat CATS, 6 Knewton, and some GMAT Prep ones also to do

It seems like a lot to me! I don't want to waste my time. I don't know what to expect from Knewton and how much I should compliment that course material with the additional stuff. Does the below basic plan seem doable?

In order of priority

1. Knewton classes - homework - studying notes - 6 CATS when scheduled
2. 8 MGMAT guides with end of chapter and OG 12th questions - when not doing Knewton stuff
3. SC grail notes/GMAT Pill videos for SC/Gmatclub grammar guide

Last 30 days of study:
- Verbal and Quant OG reviews - complete all questions - work on trouble areas
- 2 MGMAT CATS + 2 GmatPrep CATS

From your experience, would you add/remove or switch the priorities of anything? Also, is it still very beneficial to keep an error log when using Knewton? It's adaptive course is supposed to take the grunt work out of maintaining an error log. I just don't know whether I should use this as a substitute for a manually kept error log.

Cheers!!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 497 [1] , given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Advice from previous test takers appreciated! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 11:04
This post received
KUDOS
Fact of the matter is "Quality not Quantity is Important".

{ Knewton Course with CATs, MGMAT CATs, Gmat Club Tests & Gmat Prep } This is quite a huge and sufficient package, I believe. While going through the Knewton course you must pay full attention to the course and should not think of MGMAT guides (IMO). You may attempt MGMAT guides though (as IMO its good to attempt as many CATs as possible).

Best of luck and keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 40

Re: Advice from previous test takers appreciated! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2011, 05:21
I see what you mean. If I give the Knewton course 100% effort, I shouldn't really have time for much else. Nor should I need other material. I guess if I feel I need additional coverage of a certain topic, I can use the Gmatclub grammar guide/the sc grail etc. It just seems like a waste having lots of material and not using it. But I agree that I have to give Knewton all of my attention to reap the benefits of the course. Focusing on the CATS and Gmat Club Tests is a priority also.

Thanks! +1

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Re: Advice from previous test takers appreciated!   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2011, 05:21