Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 12:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice Needed!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 31

Advice Needed! [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 07:04
Dear all,

I did the GMAT on June 30th and I ended up with a fairly average score of Q44, V31 and AWA 5.5 . I blame my unsatisfactory score to my chaotic study approach and I am now trying to work on my retake plan and strategies. I also want to enroll in an online course but I am not sure which one would be best match for me at this point. Please, look at what I have done so far and give me some advice how to proceed next.

Materials used:

MGMAT Verbal guides SC, CR, RC 4th edition
MGMAT 6 tests
MGMAT Question Banks
Kaplan Premier 2012 book and 4 tests on the CD
OG 12, OG 13
OG Math Book 2nd Edition
OG Verbal Book 2nd Edition

Test Scores:

On all Kaplan tests I had 570 (i dont remember the split on the separate tests, but i can check it in a few days if you think it's important)
MGMAT 1 640 (Q46, V 32)
MGMAT 2 660 (Q44, V36)
MGMAT 3 700 (Q44, V41)
MGMAT 4 690 (Q45,V39)
MGMAT 5 650 (Q43,V36)
MGMAT 6 710 (Q47, V40)
GMATprep 1 680 ...i dont remember how much i had on quant, but on verbal I had 35
GMATprep 2 620 :( few days before the exam when i was already veery nervous. I don't remember the split at all and I never reviewed that exam as I was very upset by the result. I can check it when I go back home in a few days if you think it's important.
***I did all test with AWA and 8 minute breaks***

My question for the GMAT experts:

Which course would be most appropriate for me at this point? I really like Manhattan but I have done all tests and question banks and I'm not sure if I can get any advantage out of their course.

I would greatly appreciate any advice how to improve my current score.

Last edited by Elias123 on 20 Jun 2012, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 31

Re: Advice Needed! [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 15:09
Please, any advice would be appreciated.

I am currently considering Kaplan Advantage online....what do u think about this course?
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 600 [0], given: 5

Re: Advice Needed! [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2012, 08:38
Expert's post
elenaaa,

Everyone's learning style is different so you have to go ahead and do your research. Some courses focus on providing tons and tons of practice questions. Others focus on the basics and still others focus on strategy and timing efficiency - which are important to actually doing well on the day of the exam. You can read some of the reviews of the different courses on the forums.

I'd invite you to check out the GMATPill approach - focused on your thinking process. If you can "think" like a GMAT Expert, you have the highest chances of replicating that same thought process to other GMAT questions.

It looks like your weakness is in verbal - you can check out some of the video testimonials and success stories and see if what worked for prior students would work for you too (http://www.gmatpill.com/the-gmat-pill-m ... l-student/)

At this point, you've taken close to 10 practice exams and in my opinion you're better off focusing on the basics and/or strategy before revisiting practice tests.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Advice Needed!   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2012, 08:38