Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 04:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ADVICE NEEDED

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Premium Member
ADVICE NEEDED [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2014, 11:34
Hello Everyone,

I need advice whether to re-take the GMAT.
My story, very briefly (hopefully there will be a detailed happy debrief someday :D):
I decided to get an MBA last summer (2013), I studied, and studied then took the test 3 times (600, 570, 570). Had a few personal issues that complicated things abit at the time, I stopped preparing April > June. Resumed studying, took the test today and got a 650 (Q42, V38). My last practice scores were 700 and 690 (Veritas prep), also I've been consistently scoring higher on the quant section (GMATfocus 46-50), but I just wasn't really too sharp today, not sure why! messed up my timing abit..etc.

My DREAM, or should I say "Target", school is MIT Sloan <3333. My GPA is 3.28/4 of a 5 year post-doctoral program. Should I re-take the test? I should probably add that I am currently interviewing for consulting positions at top firms and hoping to land a position at one of them. This will probably further strengthen my apps??

Please advvvviiiceee, sooo wanna make this happen!
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1207

Kudos [?]: 5808 [0], given: 168

Re: ADVICE NEEDED [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2014, 22:35
Expert's post
Mfz83 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

My story, very briefly (hopefully there will be a detailed happy debrief someday :D):
I decided to get an MBA last summer (2013), I studied, and studied then took the test 3 times (600, 570, 570). Had a few personal issues that complicated things abit at the time, I stopped preparing April > June. Resumed studying, took the test today and got a 650 (Q42, V38). My last practice scores were 700 and 690 (Veritas prep), also I've been consistently scoring higher on the quant section (GMATfocus 46-50), but I just wasn't really too sharp today, not sure why! messed up my timing abit..etc.

My DREAM, or should I say "Target", school is MIT Sloan <3333. My GPA is 3.28/4 of a 5 year post-doctoral program. Should I re-take the test? I should probably add that I am currently interviewing for consulting positions at top firms and hoping to land a position at one of them. This will probably further strengthen my apps??

Your profile looks good but your Quant score is a little low for MIT Sloan. In my opinion, a retake with a target of Q48+ will be desirable. You might want to get in touch with an MIT Sloan specific consultant to further discuss your profile.

Here is a post that discusses whether you should retake: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/01 ... -the-gmat/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 08-20-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ADVICE NEEDED [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 12:21
This post received
KUDOS
Mfz83 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

First, veritas prep tests scores are normally above actual gmat form what i have read. I would suggest getting in touch with the adcom and check whether you need to imprve your score, since u hav not listed the avg gmat score of MIT.
Kudofy if you found it helpful.
Re: ADVICE NEEDED   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2014, 12:21