Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice needed for Part Time MBA Application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Advice needed for Part Time MBA Application [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2007, 11:40
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I just gave my GMAT (680-48Q,35V),want to go for a Part Time MBA in General Business Administration.
I have short listed :
1>NYS
2>BC
3>Babson
4>Rochester

I have no idea about how to go about my application.Moreover I have done my undergraduate from outside US.
Could someone give me some pointers on :
1>Any other good ranking schools for Part Time
2>How could I find out what suits me best and interact with professors
3>Do universities evaluate my undergraduate degree or I need to get in done from somewhere.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Partime MBA [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2007, 17:27
Hey abiswas,

Here is some other top part time MBA programs that your GMAT score makes you a competitive candidate for. Of course your GMAT is only one part of your application so you might want to disclose more information about your GPA, Work Exp., Extra Curricular...etc.

I think that going to a foreign school shouldn't hurt too much as long as you did well. A lot of grad schools get international students so they will have a way of evaluating how well you performed in school. Only thing is if you fall into the Indian Male Engineer demographic your application needs to stand out in some way for this demographic has a lot of applicants. Part time won't be nearly as competitive as full time.

University of Chicago
Northwestern
UCLA
Berkeley
University of Michigan

To find out more about the schools, you should visit their individual websites. These websites tend to have the best in-depth coverage about the schools and what they offer. Also look to pick up the book on graduate schools from Princeton Review; it has excellent coverage on what are the strengths and weaknesses of individual grad schools. Getting a subscription to the MBA section of Business Week or USNEWS may also be worth your while to invest in. These sites have in-depth rankings of schools and give a lot of the basic demographic information.

Just my two cents. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2007, 20:19
Thanks MBAstudyaholic.
I am sorry I should have revealed more information about myself.
First I am a woman,have done my BE in Computer Science and my GPA is around 3.5.I have around 6 years of work experience.

I want to do my in General Business Administration / Leadership.

Some more advice is welcome :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2007, 19:30
Abiswas:

I cant really advice a lot but ur score is pretty good for a part time MBA in a reputed school..

try to apply to elite or near elite schools as u have good amount of workexp..
atb..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Advice needed for Part Time MBA Application [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2008, 10:24
Amazing that I found somebody with the same GMAT score. I am at 680 ( Q45, V38)..

Got 13 years exp ( 4 in mgt), working as proj mgr at a startup.

Can you please share your experiences during the admissions process? I am planning to apply during summer'08 for the top schools, or whichever schools take me :-)
Re: Advice needed for Part Time MBA Application   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2008, 10:24