Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 08:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2008, 03:37
Hello, it has been a great resource having the GMAT club,.,, I was looking for some advice regarding my GMAT exam.
My exam is on august 6th, and I have been practicising very hard for the last three months. when i previously took the gmat before any study i scored less than 400.. after taking the prepping i took GMAT prep - last week and received 590 36(Quant) and 35 verbal. I also took an MGMAT this weekend with similar scores.

My question is how do I push this score by 110 points to the minimum 700 i need, for now my strategy is going over all questionsin OG11 and Quant Review and Verbal Review...

I shoud mention i score 35 in verbal with zero or little study in verbal , as i am a native speaker.. I am now polishing this by reviewing MGMAT SC guide which is my weakness..

My exam is in less that two weeks, how do I push my score up?

p.s my main study material MGMAT quant guides all & SC and all OG material..

Thank you and look forward to hearing back..GINC
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 433 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2008, 04:31
if you're scoring in the mid 30's, you have a lot of the basics down. To score over 700 (45+ in Quant with a high 30's Verbal) you will need to know the basics down very, very well. You will need to focus on silly mistakes that we all make, such as answering B when we have actually used information from both statements.

Pulling up your score by 100+ points with less than 2 weeks left is not impossible, but it is going to be very difficult. Good luck!

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2008, 04:57
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you've never come close to a 700 on a prep test, there isn't much you can do in the next two weeks to get there. That's just a fact.

If scoring 700 is of utmost importance to you, I suggest you delay it for at least another month. Yup, that means more studying.

Since you scored a 35 on V w/no prep and you are a native speaker, I suggest you work your butt off to get into the 99th% in verbal. Also, try to pull your quant up. At the level that you are at, just refining what you know will pull your score up dramatically.

Just remember, if you're trying to score in the 700 range, you need to score in the near 99th% on one section in order to be weak in the other. If you're a native speaker, I suggest you do it via the verbal section.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2008, 05:33
I second what Kidderek said!

"George is getting upset!"

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2008, 06:10
Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated!

having a very intensive week, and then will decide on wednesday after GMATPrep II how far back to push gmat ...

am secretly optimistic, as I have now really started to enjoy the challenge of the GMAT prep, even waking up at 6.30am is fun!

will keep you posted! --GINC
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 433 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2008, 06:51
I guess it's not a secret anymore! :-D Good luck. Please let us know how you do on GMATPrep 2. We're here to help.
Ginc wrote:
am secretly optimistic

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Re: Advice Needed on getting 700 score; Quant help especially   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2008, 06:51