Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: American Management association, American Association of financial accountants
Schools: Columbia university
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User
ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 15:43
hi everyone,
I have been surfing this amazing website and reading about different experiences on how to prepare for the GMAT....

what do u recommend best books, do suggest enrolling in GMAT course...i am kinda hesitant because I live in kuwait and we don't have proffessional GMAT courses that I can rely on....

my problem in the quant. section and sentence correction... i am not a native speaker, but my grammer is very good and i got my bachelor from the states................

advice please...
thank u all

Sky is the limit

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 19:26
Hello friend
First of all you are at the right place. So you have got the right start.
Go through the forum topics. First get the right materials.
Must have books
GMAT 12th Edition.
MGMAT if possible all 8 books.
Anything more would be good for additional practise but above 2 is must have.
Rest keep reading and keep posting on this site.

Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 20:23
Hello.

While I can't provide good advice since I'm in the since situation, I know what it feels like to struggle with quant. I signed for a course with Knewton and its helping out, but in the end it has a lot to do with how much time and effort you put it.

BTW, I lived in Kuwait for 6 years, from 1995-2001.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 20:47
Quote:
my problem in the quant. section and sentence correction... i am not a native speaker, but my grammer is very good and i got my bachelor from the states................

For quant I agree that Manhattan is very good. I think your problem would be Data Sufficiency since Problem Solving is mostly easy. Also remember that for problem solving OG is quite useless since most of the questions are very easy.

For Sentence Correction Manhattan SC is a very good book but I don't think it's the best book to start off with (unless you are getting 620+ in your diagnostic test). it can give you too much information the first time you read it and can actually unnerve you. Since you've got a 320 on your diag., I would suggest that you start off with a simpler book that gives you all the rules (something like the SC Grail) first and then go through Manhattan later once you develop a comfort level with SC.

320 to 700 is a steep jump, but I'm sure it's possible. :-D

Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 03:31
Check these out:
* GMAT Study Plan for GMAT Novices
* Build Your Study Plan
* Best GMAT Stories
* Best GMAT Books
* Retaking the GMAT

Good luck, manalq8!

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, I kinda need some =)

When you give kudos, you do not lose your previously earned kudos, you rather contribute to the forum's culture of appreciation.

Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLZZZZ............ 320 TO A GOAL OF 700   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2011, 03:31