Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 09:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2009, 16:20
Hi everyone, here is my profile. Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! :o

Thank you!

Last edited by beckee529 on 16 Nov 2009, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Re: Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2009, 17:01
I think you have quite an interesting profile. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with UCLA's FEMBA, I guess it's some kind of evening MBA?

USC, IESE and Cambridge could be stretch schools given your low GMAT and ok GPA. Often schools want to see that either your GMAT or your GPA are above average to show that you can handle the course work. Work ex often does not compensate for that. ESADE and HKUST could be a realistic shot. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 09:16
From what I can see your GMAT really is your only drawback, you GPA is decent and being 6 years out of college would be a non-factor. School is decent, and you have shown career progression within a large company. Being female, manager, media would all play to your advantage. If you were able to move high in the GMAT range your choices of school would greatly increase.

Right now, I think for UCLA PT program you would be marginal and probably on the lower end. Also the part-time program would make it more difficult to go into Management consulting.

You will also probably be borderline and low end for the USC.

I'm not sure about international schools. I do hear that they put less emphasis on GMAT's but that probably depends on the school.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 18:02
Thanks guys for your responses! Yes, my low GMAT score is my only worry at this point. I wish I had given myself more time to retake the test but I figured I'd apply to programs that I have a shot at (meaning I'm within the 80% range even if on the lower end). I just hope that the rest of my application makes up for it. I'd love to do an overseas program more so than something local to me. Although the 80% range for the overseas programs are a bit lower in the programs I listed, I'm not sure how much emphasis they give for the GMAT.

We'll see come February 2010 (when I hear back from all the programs). I'm crossing my fingers!
Re: Advice on choosing where to apply based on my profile   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2009, 18:02