Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 07-13-2015
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Advice on visiting Stanford before applying [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey there - that's going to be a great trip. It's a beautiful campus! I would prioritize your options as 1, 3, 2, 4. I know the adcom visits your country but this is different and it's important to be there. A class visit is good to get a feel for the program. The student led tour is a good option but you could probably be more effective by talking with students while you're there versus the out of the box tour. So reach out to folks before you get there and see if you can grab coffee with one or two of them!

As for getting there, if budget isn't of much concern, taxi is by far the most convenient. Depending on when you get there, if no traffic, pretty swift 30 minute ride. If you arrive around rush hour, then maybe explore the BART. Might end up taking the same amount of time and be considerably cheaper.

Have fun!

Bhavik
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would suggest you do the class visit and the info session. The walking tour is great but you are going to be looking for some references you could make to your visit in your app or an interview and a walking tour won't provide as much material. I would think about what type of clubs you would be very interested in joining and reach out to someone in that club/organization. Ask if they or someone else they know would be interested in grabbing a coffee with you - that will be a great source of info about the school from the perspective of someone who shares the same interests or career goals. If you can get a coffee chat with a current student .... that would be my #1 priority....then the classroom visit....then the info session if you have time.

Good Luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hi,

Thank you everybody for your tips! I am so excited about this trip that I really want to make the most out of it!

I will definitely follow your recommendations.

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot