Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice required on TOEFL score.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Advice required on TOEFL score. [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2014, 16:56
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello,

I got 98 on TOEFL, Reading - 27, Listening - 26, Speaking 22 and Writing - 23

Shall I retake it? I am going for MBA.

What are the good colleges requirements? What does this mean when colleges say minimum 100? Is this the average score or you need minimum 100?

Please help.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Advice required on TOEFL score. [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 01:34
No one to reply :(

Please reply guys. thank you.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.9
WE: Accounting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 45

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Advice required on TOEFL score. [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 02:46
This post received
KUDOS
hitgmathard wrote:

Hello,

When school says minimum 100, it means that you should have at least scored 100 to meet requirement, therefore if you want to apply for university that requires minimum 100 on TOEFL IBT, you need to retake it. Minimum requirement changes depending on university. But for MBA program, most of good universities require minimum 100. From your scores in subsections, I see that you have very good balanced score, you are just 2 points away from 100. Therefore, I think you can increase your score in your next attempt and with some practice you can increase your writing score a few points and get 100. I know it is tough decision but it is worth to retake. Because I once scored 99 and decided to retake, and scored 104. Now I feel safe to have score over 100. Anyway, you should weigh your pros and cons on retake. There are many discussions on retake, just search for it in this forum and in other forums, you will find a lof stuff. Good luck.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Advice required on TOEFL score. [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 04:55
Thank you for the kind reply. Appreciate that.

I will surely think about retaking it.

ayaz657 wrote:
hitgmathard wrote:

Hello,

When school says minimum 100, it means that you should have at least scored 100 to meet requirement, therefore if you want to apply for university that requires minimum 100 on TOEFL IBT, you need to retake it. Minimum requirement changes depending on university. But for MBA program, most of good universities require minimum 100. From your scores in subsections, I see that you have very good balanced score, you are just 2 points away from 100. Therefore, I think you can increase your score in your next attempt and with some practice you can increase your writing score a few points and get 100. I know it is tough decision but it is worth to retake. Because I once scored 99 and decided to retake, and scored 104. Now I feel safe to have score over 100. Anyway, you should weigh your pros and cons on retake. There are many discussions on retake, just search for it in this forum and in other forums, you will find a lof stuff. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.72
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Advice required on TOEFL score. [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 07:42
hitgmathard wrote:
Thank you for the kind reply. Appreciate that.

I will surely think about retaking it.

ayaz657 wrote:
hitgmathard wrote:

Hi hitgmathard,

If you want to improve your TOEFL score you should look at Notefull's website: https://av107.isrefer.com/go/nfh/rsn64160/

There's a lot of great stuff there for free (great videos for the speaking section). In my case in particular I had a great help from Notefull with the Speaking and Writing sections and was able to score 111/120. Notefull has certainly helped me achieve the threshold needed for top business schools and I was admitted at London Business School MBA programme beginning in August 2014.

Apart from the free materials, there is a lot of paid courses (not that expensive). You can check them here: https://av107.isrefer.com/go/toefl-products/rsn64160/

If you want further information about Notefull send me a private message.

Cheers, Ricardo
Advice required on TOEFL score.   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2014, 07:42