Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice to improve GMAT score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Advice to improve GMAT score [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 11:20
Hi...

I need some advice to improve my GMAT Score...I have already made 2 attempts, scores were...

1st Attempt - Dec'06
570 (45Q; 23V; AWA - 5.0) - with very lil preparation

2nd Attempt - Feb'07
570 (44Q; 25V; AWA - 5.5) - took the test hurriedly to meet the deadlines of apps...

Given the above scores I didnt apply to any of the B-schools and specially when I want to get into top 10. I am planning to apply for Fall 2008 intake and now that I have sufficient time (atleast I believe so.. :-D )...can someone help me with the approach I should adopt as I do not want to take any chances this time coz...

Also what books should I refer and is there any prep course which could join to help my cause....
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 08:15
Can you give us a little detail of how you studied for the other two? What books did you use, how much time did you set aside daily? The more detail you give would definitely help pinpoint where you may need to make improvements.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 10:45
U need to work on ur Verbal section. U quant is fine according to ur score on both tests.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 10:58
Actually, I would say that if your target is top 10, you need to move both your Q and V scores up. The top schools like to see 80th percentile for both sections (not a hard and fast rule), and a 44Q=73%.

I recommend sticking with the official materials, which include the Official Guide as well as the Verbal and Quantitative supplements, and the GMATprep software. The retired paper tests are a great source of real questions as well.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 10:22
check out manhattanreview.com -- they helped me immensely. studying for a big test like the gmat, i found, is similar to lifting weights. when lifting if you do the same exercises every time you lift, your muscles will adapt and you will eventually plateau. you need to keep them challenged by doing different routines all the time. i took a course from manhattan review and realized that my study routine wasn't challenging me enough. once i completed the course i had all these different weapons to challenge myself and my scores improved dramatically as a result.
Intern
Intern

Re: Advice to improve GMAT score [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 22:23
Hi
U need to more hard work on your Verbal section.
Re: Advice to improve GMAT score   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2012, 22:23