Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice Towards Application Situation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Advice Towards Application Situation [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 21:01
Hi! I would first like to thank this forum for being so helpful, and I was hoping someone could lend me some insight towards my current situation.

For some background information, I am currently a third year at UC San Diego. I am an economics major and an accounting minor with a 3.83 overall GPA and a 4.0 accounting minor GPA. I have my hopes on applying to USC Leventhal. I don't have much relevant job experience with the accounting industry besides a bookkeeping internship that I just finished this summer. I do hold a part time job working on campus though it has nothing to do with accounting. I am an undergraduate TA for a lower division accounting class also. I had planned to graduate Fall 2011 but now I am contemplating graduating Spring 2011. I have not taken the GMAT or remotely studied for it.

So I recently talked to someone from USC Leventhal who suggested that I apply for admissions this year for Fall 2011. This, of course, threw me for a loop, since I had not planned on studying for the GMAT until this summer. Given the options, I can either attempt to study for the GMAT during the next 3 months and take the exam in mid January in time to apply for USC. I would be pretty late in the application process however. If I take the GMAT now and score well, I would be able to graduate early and I would save money by not staying a 4th year. However, I have a busy schedule and I worry I will not have time to study for the GMAT.

I guess I would just like to hear the comments concerning my situation and what you guys would do?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long paragraphs.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 2

Re: Advice Towards Application Situation [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 21:31
This post received
KUDOS
Continue to enjoy college, you're going to regret not doing so some day :-D Take your time. You'll perform a lot better if your spend time on the GMAT, grades, and extracurriculars instead of cramming them. Also, if you apply after January this year, there might be less money left for scholarships. Apply early Fall 2011
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 27

Re: Advice Towards Application Situation [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 14:02
I agree with "sailtheworld" -- you're never gonna get back those years, so FULLY ENJOY them while you have the time to. (And as a former San Diegan, I can say that with even more certainty -- La Jolla is right on some of world's most spectacular beaches too!) Take your full four years and take your time with things -- whether for GMAT or applications or whatever. Your life will be less stressful, you'll do better, and you'll be happier with it.

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Re: Advice Towards Application Situation   [#permalink] 03 May 2011, 14:02