Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 23:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 18:19
Hi All GmatClubbers,

My name is abhishek. I am from an non-mathematical background. I am planning to take gmat in a couple of months. I haven’t started my preparation yet. I was going through the forums to know more about the exam. Based on the information found in the forum I have prepared a list of books that I am planning to refer to get a good gmat score.
1. Powerscore CR bible—for CR Section
2. Manhattan SC guide 4th edition & Aristotle SC Grail--- For SC section
3. RC 99 book & Kaplan premier 2010 & Newspaper Editorials—For RC section
4. 5 Manhattan QA Guides & Manhattan Math Supplement & Kaplan 2010- For PS & DS section
5. OG 12 & OG11
6. OG Verbal Review 2nd edition & OG QA Review 2nd edition

I am planning to take the following tests once I am done with the books
1. Manhattan 6 CAT’s
2. Kaplan 4 CAT’s
3. 2 GmatPrep Tests
4. GmatClub Challenges

I have few questions for which I need clarification from you guys who have scored high on Gmat

1. Is referring ” Gmatclub LSAT 116 RC passages document” , “GMAT Club Math Book_09-Oct-2010” & “Kaplan 800 book “ worth the time even after referring the books listed above?

2. Does the 5 manhattan QA guides covers all the gmat tested concepts in depth or do I need to refer some additional material for some topics? I got some materials (Time Institute, IMS & CL ) for the CAT exam which I presume all Indian guys are aware of from my friend who made it to IIM C last year which looks pretty exhaustive. Is referring those materials worth the time besides referring the books listed above?

Please note that I am aiming for alleast 750 in gmat.

So will the above plan be sufficient to score more than 750?

All Gmatclubbers- Please provide your valuable inputs & also please clarify my questions.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 19:01
For SC, Manhattan Guide is the best. It's very "GMAT" oriented and the book is pretty streamlined. Manhattan Books in general go hand in hand with the Official Guide and the Manhattan Prep CATs. I highly recommend the series.

To prepare for CR and RC, you need two things:
1. A book on Strategy
2. A collection of questions

I found the strategy in the Manhattan RC Guide and the Manhattan CR Guide to be good enough for me. However, in order to internalize those strategy, its best to practice on LSAT questions. Such practice questions should not be timed. Instead, the focus must be on GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWER THE RIGHT WAY. Once you're comfortable with the strategies, solve the problems in the official guide.

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 21:16
I think that referring the MGMAT Maths books should be sufficient for Quant and you'd not need to refer the material by Indian institutes. The list of resources you have made is good and if you prepare systematically, you should be able to achieve your target score. Remember only putting efforts will not pay dividends,rather putting efforts the right way will give you results.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 05:13
abhishek6008, looks good. One thing I would say is to mix in some of the CATs during your preparation.

Taking a CAT each week, or every other week, will allow you to:
a) Get a benchmark. You'll know where you are starting from, and also how you're progressing.
b) Get used to the CAT format over time, instead of all at once towards the end.
c) Point out your strengths and weaknesses.
d) Get accustomed to the sense of urgency you'll be working with during the CAT.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 55

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 06:11
Those resources will be MORE than enough for a good score, good strat, and practice

Back to the grind, goal 700+

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 02:55
you are on wrong way iam also non maths background for detailsplease contact me by phone 09460550497,please email me agodara97@yahoo.in,,,i will guide you
Re: Aiming for 750+ in GMAT - Need Clarifications   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2011, 02:55