Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:14

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

alas!! What a start for gamt preparation :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

alas!! What a start for gamt preparation :( [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 06:14
You all reply to all kind of questions here. Why only me who is desperately waiting for at least one reply with no luck.:(
Please :( answer these-

If you had to suggest one of
A. Critical Reasoning & Reading Comprehension GMAT Preparation Guide by
Manhattan
B. Official Guide of Verbal review
---------------------
If one had OG for GMAT review 11th, should he not think of buying Verbal and quantitative review of OG ; or vice versa? ------------------------
which one would you pick for preparation of maths questions.
A. Number properties by Manhattan along with Quantitative, Inequalities by Manhattan
B. OG of Quantitative review
C. Kaplan Math workbook
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 12:51
1) For verbal review I would choose OG.
IMO, Manhattan is good for SC.

2) For maths again OG but recommend last 150 questions.

I wonder why do you limit yourself by only these materials? I think there are a lot of other materials for both Q and V.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: alas!! What a start for gamt preparation :( [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 13:49
somethingbetter wrote:
You all reply to all kind of questions here. Why only me who is desperately waiting for at least one reply with no luck.:(
Please :( answer these-

If you had to suggest one of
A. Critical Reasoning & Reading Comprehension GMAT Preparation Guide by
Manhattan
B. Official Guide of Verbal review

Definately, have both!

---------------------
If one had OG for GMAT review 11th, should he not think of buying Verbal and quantitative review of OG ; or vice versa?
Buy all of them! Aim to cover as many(types of) real questions as possible.
------------------------
which one would you pick for preparation of maths questions.
A. Number properties by Manhattan along with Quantitative, Inequalities by Manhattan
B. OG of Quantitative review
C. Kaplan Math workbook
I would use A and B. I had enough of Kaplan...

i suggest that you post a detailed message citing your strengths and weaknesses. This way, people will be able to perhaps suggest some useful sources.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

reviews here in this forum [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 14:50
Thanks a ton, UMB and Botirvoy. I appreciate your help.
Even though I have been a bright student, must mention that English is not my mother-tongue and have not been into maths after high school. I cannot spend more than 3 hours a day for GMAT. I want to give best shot to GMAT at the same time will be satisfied with 650 -700 score.
I do not want to confuse myself with books more than one on each section. My pick for OG and Manhattan for language is based upon reviews here in this forum. As for maths, I do not want to go extensive; am thinking about Kaplan math work book as Manhattan 3 books out of 8 books set seem to be too deep am I right?) and not sure if OG would help me clear concepts apart from giving good practice tests.

Please reply.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: reviews here in this forum [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 14:57
somethingbetter wrote:
Thanks a ton, UMB and Botirvoy. I appreciate your help.
Even though I have been a bright student, must mention that English is not my mother-tongue and have not been into maths after high school. I cannot spend more than 3 hours a day for GMAT. I want to give best shot to GMAT at the same time will be satisfied with 650 -700 score.
I do not want to confuse myself with books more than one on each section. My pick for OG and Manhattan for language is based upon reviews here in this forum. As for maths, I do not want to go extensive; am thinking about Kaplan math work book as Manhattan 3 books out of 8 books set seem to be too deep am I right?) and not sure if OG would help me clear concepts apart from giving good practice tests.

Please reply.

If you want to use as few books as possible without compromising efficiency, buy all Manhattan GMAT 7 books and OG. MGMAT comes with online access to 6 GMAT CATs, which are second best to GMAT Prep.
Take diagnostics test and see where you stand BEFORE putting prep plan in place.
Re: reviews here in this forum   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2007, 14:57