Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos

Since being admitted, how has your daily intake of alcohol changed?

You may select 1 option
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The reason I ask is because I was bone dry for nearly a year and then suddenly became a "2-3 can a night" guy over the past few weeks. Hopefully this is just a temporary fix. :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I definitely voted for Option 1.

However, upon further consideration, I resent this poll because it implies that people who drink more heavily have tend to have a better chance at getting admitted. Based on these prejudices, I have decided to withdraw my vote and rescind all of your admits.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:
I definitely voted for Option 1.

However, upon further consideration, I resent this poll because it implies that people who drink more heavily have tend to have a better chance at getting admitted. Based on these prejudices, I have decided to withdraw my vote and rescind all of your admits.

:shock: I never told you, but I bought the Dean a case of Cascade and we shared a few bottles over the interview.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I hat to say this, but the whole GMAT - Bschool app thing has given me a sense of urgency I haven't had in years. Before, if I felt like binge drinking on a night out (during weekends) I would just do so and then sleep till 4 pm the following day.

Nowadays, I'm calculating whether I can afford to do so, evaluating whether it's worth it, etc. If I plan to go out on a Weds night, I will probably sleep early on Tuesday (to gather energy) and announce a "might be late" arrival to work for Thursday morning. Before I wouldn't care. Now I've lost all spontaneity.

I hate to admit this, but this whole process has made me an old -fella... :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lepium - I've had the exact same experience. I hate the idea of wasting a Saturday or Sunday recovering from a hangover because the entire time I spend getting my apps together and studying the GMAT time was so precious. Now I have this guilt or something hanging over me.

I had made a little guideline for myself that I wouldn't do any shots until my apps were, because my normal going-out routine involved dinner w/ friends followed by several rounds of shots (whisky at most places, ouzo at Greek restaurants, plum wine at sushi joints, or vodka if my Russian friends were dining with me) before going out on the town. So along with many other sacrifices, I gave up shots, but now that my apps are in I haven't really gone back to that because I know I won't be able to get up and go running in the morning and get a productive day in.

Really an amazing change that the whole process has brought about in that respect, and also in my general awareness of what's out there in terms of career and life opportunities.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
LOL. I can relate. Before this process, it wasn't uncommon for me to sleep in till noon on a Saturday, go out for a bit run some errands, maybe lay down from 5pm to 7pm or so and just watch a movie, go take a shower and head out for the night. Sundays often involved getting up at 1pm, doing errands till 6 or 7pm, then vegging out. Once the GMAT and essays came to life, I started getting up at 8 or 9am. I hear you.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sometimes I think it would be nice to be comfortable with being a complete slacker again for a weekend without any guilt or feeling of "lost productivity," but all in all it's good to be saving the liver and brain cells from the abuse and doing more with my free time.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
had not had a single drop of beer for the last 14 years.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Strangely, it hasn't changed much. The reason is probably that I still have quite a few of applications in play and I don't yet feel all that festive. In recent years I have consumed a glass of wine most nights, and have continued to do so. I think I might do some celebrating over the summer, but will probably cut way back once school starts.

It won't be anything like undergrad where I drank heavily 4-7 nights per week.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
okay...

from time to time, I drink a glass of wine. haha
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
So after 30 votes this poll was basically a wash. I guess I don't have any more excuses to keep up my 1/2 bottle of California (and other new world reds) a night pace. Maybe it's time to start scaling back...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]