Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
https://www.ivygateblog.com/blog/tags/aleksey_vayner/

Start from the bottom. Read the whole thing.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
The dance and Karate parts of his CV video are priceless (Mastercard moments), but in my opinion it wasn't him who hit the bricks...

At least he has his own wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksey_Vayner
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

Now watch me (fake) this karate chop!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
rdw28 wrote:
That guy is utterly ridiculous. If I have the story correct, Alesky (Sp?) was hoping to be placed on a trading desk for Lehman. From my experiences in sales & trading, those guys are the biggest non-BS guys in the industry, and probably the toughest in the IB world. When I was on the desk, I even got heckled for coming in to work with a ‘bright’ shirt. I mean the entire floor started throwing out profanities, and I was forced to subsequently take the punishment. He should have known that a 10 page resume and video documentary would end his trading career before it even started.

You shoulda worked at Goldman Sachs with me. I got ripped into for anything and everything someone could concieve. IB folk would take this kid to the cleaners.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I worry about the same thing, I hate being around people like that. As an undergrad I had to do group-work for one class and one of the people in our group was like that, and the main thing that makes it so annoying is that everyone knows this person is full of sh*t, but you have to entertain them. It's insulting to your intelligence when someone is telling you about how they're friends with Kobe Bryant and how they once met Fidel Castro and on and on.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Yeah I worry about the same thing, I hate being around people like that. As an undergrad I had to do group-work for one class and one of the people in our group was like that, and the main thing that makes it so annoying is that everyone knows this person is full of sh*t, but you have to entertain them. It's insulting to your intelligence when someone is telling you about how they're friends with Kobe Bryant and how they once met Fidel Castro and on and on.

Honestly, I think working with someone like that would be hilarious. You could have so much fun with that. Mocking them would probably get old after awhile though...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dukes you're right, it is fun to mock these people, and it's funny for a while but after a while you're like "Dude, wake up, no one believes anything you say!"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe i'm missing something, but why hasn't Yale kicked this kid out of school for blatantly lying to gain admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Perhaps his "leave of absence" from Yale is another fabrication.

Edit: With respect to his threatened lawsuits, I am sitting here laughing to myself at the thought of cross-examining this guy in front of 12 jurors on the issue of his credibility.

Originally posted by rustmonster on 02 Feb 2007, 09:44.
Last edited by rustmonster on 02 Feb 2007, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rdw28 wrote:
That guy is utterly ridiculous. If I have the story correct, Alesky (Sp?) was hoping to be placed on a trading desk for Lehman. From my experiences in sales & trading, those guys are the biggest non-BS guys in the industry, and probably the toughest in the IB world. When I was on the desk, I even got heckled for coming in to work with a ‘bright’ shirt. I mean the entire floor started throwing out profanities, and I was forced to subsequently take the punishment. He should have known that a 10 page resume and video documentary would end his trading career before it even started.

To be completely honest, I am somewhat fearful that some of the schools I am applying to might have ample amounts of these types. I also fear that my own personality might transform only to adapt to the environment. Hopefully I can meet at least one sincere class mate… :?

I eat people like that for breakfast.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
rdw28 wrote:

To be completely honest, I am somewhat fearful that some of the schools I am applying to might have ample amounts of these types. I also fear that my own personality might transform only to adapt to the environment. Hopefully I can meet at least one sincere class mate… :?

I eat Cocoa Pebbles for breakfast.

And if I dont have any milk, I normally settle for small children.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rdw28 wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
rdw28 wrote:

I eat Cocoa Pebbles for breakfast.

And if I dont have any milk, I normally settle for small children.

Do they taste good? LoL
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]