Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9385 [0], given: 3694

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 21:22
Expert's post
newbie123 wrote:
Dear bb,
Thanks for your advice.

I checked out the Manhattan Strategy guides on Amazon, and the Product Details does not mention anything about having access to 6 free CAT tests online for buying any of their guides. The Product Details page does, however, mention that I will get access to one of their online Question Banks for buying a guide book.

I have no particular use for any of these guide books, since I will be taking the GMAT in a few weeks. However, if buying a $17 guide book on Amazon means I will get 6 practice CATs, I'll get a book. I'm leaning towards the Number Properties book, since I might be a little rusty on the tricks the GMAT tests on prime factorization and such. What do you think?

Thanks!

Paul

Please see attached (red rectangle)
This is the back cover of the MGMAT Number Properties
Attachments

numberproperties.jpg
numberproperties.jpg [ 127.73 KiB | Viewed 7785 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 86

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 23:45
I bought KAPLAN PREMIER LIVE ONLINE 2010 6 months ago which comes with 4 online kaplan CATs. now i want to start taking those tests but i've heard that kaplan has very cruel marking scheme. people usually get 100-120 points lower than their actual ability on kaplan tests.

Just a little question: Does these latest tests which come with KAPLAN PREMIER LIVE ONLINE 2010 book also have the same lower-than-actual marking scheme?

did anybody try these tests?

please give me feedback.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE 1: Engineering
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 15:08
Noticed that inside the GMATClub Test section there are some Manhattan Challenge Set - MGMAT Challenge Set1, MGMAT Challenge Set 2, MGMAT Challenge Set 3 and MGMAT Challenge Set 4. What are these ? Are these from the 6 CATs that come with the MGMAT prep material ?

Thanks.

All things are possible to those who believe.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 19:49
Expert's post
adishail wrote:
Noticed that inside the GMATClub Test section there are some Manhattan Challenge Set - MGMAT Challenge Set1, MGMAT Challenge Set 2, MGMAT Challenge Set 3 and MGMAT Challenge Set 4. What are these ? Are these from the 6 CATs that come with the MGMAT prep material ?

Thanks.

Those are the MGMAT Challenge series - have you heard of them?
These are the tough questions MGMAT puts out every week on their site (http://www.manhattangmat.com/challenge_thisweek.cfm)

They have provided them as a benefit to the GMAT Club members!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 7

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 22:13
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

here are few sites which have free tests (not exactly gmat's pattern) available but some of the questions are really good.
you can use these during you free time..
http://gmat.jumbotests.com/
http://majortests.com/gmat/sentence_correction.php
http://majortests.com/gmat/critical_reasoning.php
http://majortests.com/gmat/reading_comprehension.php
http://majortests.com/gmat/problem_solving.php
http://majortests.com/gmat/data_sufficiency.php

Regards,
If you like my post, consider giving me a kudo. THANKS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 22:42
good.. maybe you want to add more...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 22:55
yea i was thinking of doing that... there are many more sites which i found.. and they could be of real help.

Regards,

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 23:53
Expert's post
Please continue the discussion here please: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 07:16
bb wrote:
Please continue the discussion here please: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

yea sure!!

Regards,

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 347

Kudos [?]: 1414 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 10:47
Merging similar topics.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 00:43
Wow, GMAT club rocks.

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 10:39
Hello,

I have taken both GMAT Prep tests and scored a 610 and a 680. I scored a 610 on the first one, but was distracted somewhat by my family. I had to rush to complete the last few questions and did not answer the last one. On the 680 I had complete silence and finished, but when I looked at the right/wrong it wasn't any different on quant on only slightly different on verbal. On the 680 it said I missed 15 Q and 10 verbal and on the 610 the verbal was 8 wrong out of 40. I missed several questions on the 680 that seemed rather easy, but didn't have any right that seemed especially hard. Is it possible that the scoring system made an error? The last several Q questions were somewhat easy. My score was better on Q, but I don't remember the breakdown. Also, the only other test I have taken was a Kaplan one and I scored a 630. That was my first practice test before I had done any prep.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9385 [1] , given: 3694

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 10:42
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Ivanjames wrote:
Hello,

I have taken both GMAT Prep tests and scored a 610 and a 680. I scored a 610 on the first one, but was distracted somewhat by my family. I had to rush to complete the last few questions and did not answer the last one. On the 680 I had complete silence and finished, but when I looked at the right/wrong it wasn't any different on quant on only slightly different on verbal. On the 680 it said I missed 15 Q and 10 verbal and on the 610 the verbal was 8 wrong out of 40. I missed several questions on the 680 that seemed rather easy, but didn't have any right that seemed especially hard. Is it possible that the scoring system made an error? The last several Q questions were somewhat easy. My score was better on Q, but I don't remember the breakdown. Also, the only other test I have taken was a Kaplan one and I scored a 630. That was my first practice test before I had done any prep.

There is no correlation between right/wrong and the final score.
The way GMAT works with progressing difficulty and with experimental questions (that do not count), you can make 15 mistakes in each section and get 720 or you can make 10 and get 650 (conceptually speaking).

Also, if you leave any questions unanswered, it is significant penalty (much more so than answering the question wrong)

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 10:58
Thanks for the fast response! I knew the level of difficulty played a major role, but I guess I was shocked at scoring so high (by my standards) without really getting questions that I considered to be 700 level, and ending up with questions that seemed more like 550-600 level questions. I'm pretty pumped now knowing 700 is completely with reach. Thanks again!

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 12:15
I think that's great news Ivan. Whatever motivates you to get a good score :)

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 07:09
So, posting something is very useful. 200 posts exempt 79$.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9385 [1] , given: 3694

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 07:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gwendolinecn wrote:
So, posting something is very useful. 200 posts exempt 79$.

Yes, active members who contribute get rewarded but posting junk and pad-posting is against the rules and can get you kicked out back to square one.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2010, 00:06
I took a verbal test on one of it, terrible. 20 mistakes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2010, 01:01
Expert's post
gwendolinecn wrote:
I took a verbal test on one of it, terrible. 20 mistakes

What is this reference to?

Founder of GMAT Club

Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 78435

CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2010, 08:06
is there a difference between online kaplan cats and the ones that are on the cd that comes with gmat premier book 2010-2011 edition.

I took the online cat and got 690. Quant was really easy. Got only 1 wrong.

This morning I started doing cat 1 from cd and found quant difficult. Finished quant, went to take a shower and came back to finish verbal but saw 55 mins left. the clock didnt sop. So I skiped the verbal. I got 50Q(6 wrong). I want to go back home tonight and do a test again.

Which one should I do? The online one or one from cd.
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2010, 08:06