Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2270

Kudos [?]: 8758 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 19:09
Expert's post
Supposedly so - give it a search.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 22:36
I am thinking of taking GMAT after two months. I have been thinking of buying CAT's ....which one is more preferable? Manh tests or gmatclub tests??
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2010, 05:58
Hey,
I am thinking of buying CAT's. Which one is more preferable? Manh or gmat club's tests??? I have two months to prepare.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2010, 11:02
Expert's post
Slightly different purpose between the two. GMAT Club Tests are heavily quant, so if you have issues with quant or want to get it up to 50 or 51, that's the tests to get.

MGMAT offer good quant and verbal practice but there are only 6 of them, so if you need some general simulation tests, these are the ones to get.

You can get gmat club tests with 200 posts and 90 days of membership; MGMAT tests come free with any MGMAT book

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2010, 20:39
too many , for sure not all can be covered
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 21:17
Hi everyone,

Just joined recently, and I'm finding this forum really helpful...

I've happened to read several posts that suggest that Kaplan CAT scores are generally lower than actual GMAT scores. Some of these post seems to be a little dated (6 months - a year ago), and I'm using the most recent (2010) Kaplan CATs. Has Kaplan scoring changed at all since these posts were written?

I scored a 630 on my first GMAT Prep. I studied my mistakes, went through the material for a couple of weeks, and today I scored 660 on a Kaplan CAT. How reflective of the real GMAT are the most recent Kaplan CATs?

I'm using the Kaplan GMAT Premier Live Online 2010 Edition.

Would appreciate your insight...
-zaj16
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 21:26
Expert's post
Hi. Kaplan has adjusted their scoring, so the reports of previous results are no longer valid....
In the old days, the best i got to was 640 or so (right before scoring a 750)

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 21:30
Thanks bb.

Are there any reports on the correlation between more recent Kaplan scores and actual GMAT scores?
I'm just trying to get a feel for how reliable and reflective the most recent Kaplan CATs are...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 21:42
Expert's post
zaj16 wrote:
Thanks bb.

Are there any reports on the correlation between more recent Kaplan scores and actual GMAT scores?
I'm just trying to get a feel for how reliable and reflective the most recent Kaplan CATs are...

It's pretty close now; probably within 40 points (which is the standard error for most tests)

We do have the gmat score estimator/calculator but it is using the old algorithm.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2010, 09:05
Expert's post
migaveli wrote:
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for and I knew I would find something like it on GMAT Club. Great. To second an opinion given by a few of the other users around the forum, CATPrep[dot]com tests are pretty worthless if you're looking for help in learning WHY you got the answers right or wrong. Their explanations, especially on the Quant section are very unclear, make large jumps in how to solve the problem, a generally come across more like some person explaining answer to you in a half-a$$ manner. My two cents. Thanks for the review of all the CATs!

Thank you for your thoughts!
P.S. I will add the link to Score Calculator to the Main discussion; we'll also update the Kaplan algorithm.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2010, 05:33
i jus gave platinumgmat free test...

[ got a 650 thou :-( ]

quant was THE BEST possible set availabl ... evry1 SHOULD check it out !!

[highlight]shiny[/highlight]

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 13:39
Hi bb,
Thanks a ton for all the amazing messages that you have posted in the link. I have registered for my exam 3 months from now. After reading through all the threads, I have concluded on the following test taking strategy :

1) GMAT PREP - TEST 1
2) MANHATTAN TEST 1
3) MANHATTAN TEST 2
4) MANHATTAN TEST 3
5) GMAT PREP - TEST 2

Would the above test suffice ? Any additional tests that you would recommend?

Many thanks.
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 945 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 17:41
bb wrote:
Hi. Kaplan has adjusted their scoring, so the reports of previous results are no longer valid....

I scored 640 on kaplan before my preparation. Actually I had guessed ( not random guessing) many verbal questions and managed to score 37 in verbal. But after my preparation, I have worked warily because of many new concepts , which forced me to look for subtle differences. Now after learning the concepts verbal looks more daunting.

Even the quant was not scored properly. I had few wrong answers, but the score was q46-47.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 10:02
bb wrote:
You will get a total of 6 MGMAT tests (one of which is the free test online), so you have more options.

I took a total of about 6-10 practice tests for my prep (don't remember any more). However, it varies from person to person. I'd take that and see how it feels. You will have a few more MGMAT tests at that point.

Let me know if any other questions.

Many thanks. So it means 6 MGMAT + 2 GMATPREP tests should be sufficient for practice? Or would you recommend tests from Kaplan or other sources?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 11:20
Orange08 wrote:
bb wrote:
You will get a total of 6 MGMAT tests (one of which is the free test online), so you have more options.

I took a total of about 6-10 practice tests for my prep (don't remember any more). However, it varies from person to person. I'd take that and see how it feels. You will have a few more MGMAT tests at that point.

Let me know if any other questions.

Many thanks. So it means 6 MGMAT + 2 GMATPREP tests should be sufficient for practice? Or would you recommend tests from Kaplan or other sources?

that should be enough. if you really want to take more practice tests, then i would suggest reinstalling GMATPrep or using the older version over buying additional kaplan CATs.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 53

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2010, 02:40
GMAT Club Test is really good one

thank you

Do your best, forget the rest!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 15:16
Hi, I didn't see the "free access to all tests for members with 200+ posts" on the official page of the GMAT Club Test. Is it still open for free for the members with 200+ posts?

-DK
---------------------------------------------------------
If you like what you read then give a Kudos! :-)
Diagnostic Test: 620
The past is a guidepost, not a hitching post.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 15:20
Hi,
I didn't see the "free access to all the tests for members with 200+ posts" description on the official page of the GMAT Club. Is the offer still valid? Thanks.

-DK
If you like what you read then give a Kudos! :-)
Diagnostic Test: 620
The past is a guidepost, not a hitching post.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 17:46
bb wrote:

I took a Kaplan practice test and scored 630, and i kind of got depressed. BTW are Kaplan tests helpful?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 11:16
Some have asked about Platinum GMAT ................It looks good .............Quant questions are challenging so are verbal(felt a little easy) .....I feel it is adaptive ....

My scores are similar to what i have got in other simulators (Veritas free test, Knewton free test, Princeton Review CD CAT) ......so I believe this a true indicator .....

I was amazed to see 25 votes with 4/5 .......which means others are also feeling good about it ...........
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2010, 11:16