Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 55 [1] , given: 7

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 06:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hey,

We've made small improvements to the 6 CAT exams since 2009. If I had to guess, I'd also say that you won't remember the questions well enough to impact your scores. For the price, I'd definitely recommended purchasing the CATs again. Also keep in mind that if you purchase one of our Strategy Guides, you get access to all 6 exams. Each Strategy Guide also comes with its own Question Bank of 25 extra questions written by our expert Instructors.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 07:29
Thanks bb and mmapplebeck
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 08:58
Thanks Matt from MGMAT, this is informative as I was planning to buy MGMAT SC book (4th edition), my test is on 8th sept, so this means that I get access to the latest MGMAT CATS ...., right now I am using old 3rd edition books (all 8 guides) for going thru the concepts and solving the according problems from OG11. From what you say if i buy the latest MGMAT SC book I will get access to the 6 CATS and SC question bank, could you please post the link for buying this book...

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 7

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 09:38
Buying a new copy of any of the Strategy Guides will indeed guarantee you access to the 6 CATs. If you buy the SC Guide, you'll also get access to the SC Question Bank (25 extra questions).

Here are a couple links for buying the Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction Strategy Guide 4th Edition:

On Manhattan GMAT's website: http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 26&catid=6
On Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sentence-Correcti ... 539&sr=8-1

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Hult (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q31 V37
GMAT 2: 570 Q33 V35
GPA: 3.17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 23:46
BB,
Do you know, if I order the Manhattan number properties book from Amazon, will I still get access to the 6 practice exams?
Thanks

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 08:28
jmcooks wrote:
BB,
Do you know, if I order the Manhattan number properties book from Amazon, will I still get access to the 6 practice exams?
Thanks

Hey,

Purchasing a new Number Properties Strategy Guide from Amazon will indeed guarantee you access to the 6 Computer Adaptive Practice Exams. Purchasing a used copy does not guarantee you access because the previous owner may have already used the registration code. Hope this helps!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Other)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 02:46
Thanks a lot for the list.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 12:46
Great post. Thank you!

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 23:49
Matt is it possible to purchase a soft copy of the SC guide ( if there is one available ) and get access to the 6 CATS and the SC question bank ?
I have 10 days for my GMAT dont want to wait for shipping of the hard copy.
Thnx
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 17:52
I will bookmark this page

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 05:31
IEsailor wrote:
Matt is it possible to purchase a soft copy of the SC guide ( if there is one available ) and get access to the 6 CATS and the SC question bank ?
I have 10 days for my GMAT dont want to wait for shipping of the hard copy.
Thnx

Hey,

If you have an e-reader than you can purchase an electronic version of our Strategy Guides on bookseller websites like Amazon.com. Good luck on the GMAT!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Boston U
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 04:41
bb, the OG companion from Manhattan also comes with free access to the 6 CATs. You may update

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 17:16
I have 3 Manhattan tests left but that won't be enough, as I still suck at Verbal and still getting my concepts clear, need more tests over the weekends to access my preparation. Looking for 3 more good tests.

I also have 2 Princeton Review (PR) tests left, but I DON'T TRUST them anymore - how can I get 100% correct in Quant with 30+ minutes left in that section for the 2 times that I gave PR CAT tests. This is totally ridiculous, when in Manhattan I have always got 3-5 wrong with 10-15 mins left and I feel the 800 level MGMAT Quant problems are good challenge. So I am guessing PR tests are just fluke, and hence I don't trust their Verbal as well anymore.

Please recommend if I should continue with the rest of the tests in PR? Or should I buy Kaplan book for the tests?

Please advice.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Boston U
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 17:31
abhicoolmax wrote:
I have 3 Manhattan tests left but that won't be enough, as I still suck at Verbal and still getting my concepts clear, need more tests over the weekends to access my preparation. Looking for 3 more good tests.

I also have 2 Princeton Review (PR) tests left, but I DON'T TRUST them anymore - how can I get 100% correct in Quant with 30+ minutes left in that section for the 2 times that I gave PR CAT tests. This is totally ridiculous, when in Manhattan I have always got 3-5 wrong with 10-15 mins left and I feel the 800 level MGMAT Quant problems are good challenge. So I am guessing PR tests are just fluke, and hence I don't trust their Verbal as well anymore.

Please recommend if I should continue with the rest of the tests in PR? Or should I buy Kaplan book for the tests?

Please advice.

If I'm not mistaken, after you finish the six CATs, you can reset the CATs and retake them for free. I believe that Manhattan has such a great question pool that doing so doesn't mean seeing too many repeated question. Of course, the results for the second set may not as as accurate as the first. However, it's good for testing and time management purposes.

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UNC Duke Kellogg
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 09:48
Are the gmat club tests CATs?

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 11:19
saeedt wrote:
abhicoolmax wrote:

Please advice.

If I'm not mistaken, after you finish the six CATs, you can reset the CATs and retake them for free. I believe that Manhattan has such a great question pool that doing so doesn't mean seeing too many repeated question. Of course, the results for the second set may not as as accurate as the first. However, it's good for testing and time management purposes.

Hey,

If you have three Manhattan GMAT Computer Adaptive Tests left, I wouldn't recommend taking any more practice tests in such a short time span. If you take one practice test after the other, chances are that you won't improve in your problem areas. Instead, try carefully analyzing the results of each practice test by using Manhattan GMAT's Assessment Reports which are available in your Student Center. Determine your specific weaknesses and then focus on improving in those areas before taking another CAT. This way you'll also avoid burning yourself out by taking multiple CATs back to back. You can find a great article on analyzing your CAT performance here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ice-tests/

If you need help with verbal concepts, you might want to check out Manhattan GMAT's new book, Foundations of GMAT Verbal Strategy Supplement. This book provides easy-to-follow explanations of fundamental concepts and step-by-step application of these concepts to examples. It will help you clearly understand basic principles such as grammar, logic, and reading, while building core verbal skills for the GMAT. You'll also get access to the Foundations of Verbal Homework Bank of extra practice questions and detailed explanations not included in the book, as well as to the Foundations of Verbal Bonus Drill Set.

To see more information about Foundations of GMAT Verbal, click here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 9&catid=10

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2011, 10:30
Great info here! I will be taking a lot of these for practice once I finish my base review :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 17:14
I would stick to reliable sources for CAT exams: GMAC, MGMAT and Kaplan. There are more than 10 CATs among them. I have heard some good things about Knewton tests as well, but hard to imagine most people doing more than 10 full length CATs. Each practice CAT will easily take at least 5 hours (3.5 hrs to write the exam and at least 1.5 hours to review all the results in DETAIL!). Realistically -- how many people can / will spend more than 50 hours on practice tests alone?? Aside from the tests -- you have the OG questions to solve as well. I think it's more about quality than quantity. What's the point of doing 20 CATs -- if the questions don't reflect the tone of the GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 05:21
Thanks for sharing this which can helpful for those students who are preparing for GMAT

Regards

Stiangel

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 22:08
This is a fantastic thread with so much useful information!..Keep up the great work guys...Saved some $$ too thanks to the free tests here.
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2011, 22:08