Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 15:17
Thanks to OP about free tests in the MGMAT books , I didn't realize and almost overlooked! BTW I would recommend MGMAT to anyone on the fence about it. Worth the investment!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 493 [0], given: 70

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 18:26
No reviews on the Grockit tests?
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 51

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 00:34
i too think that the knewton test scoring is kind of awkward.

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 14:17
I am on the cusp of chomping through some practice tests and I had a question about MGMAT practice tests...
They say each book comes with access to 6 tests, so if you buy the set of 8 is that access to 6*8=48 or each book has access to the same 6 so if you bought 1 or 8 books, you get access to 6 tests, period.
Can anyone or the MGMAT rep shed some light on this?

This was also something I was wondering before I had purchased but still havent got a straight answer on :(

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 14:22
It has to be same, I cannot imagine 48 full length CATs :) though gr8 if someone cud confirn.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 14:25
I am about to buy the SC book so I get access to their online ques bank for SC and also the 6 tests, I think every book will give access to a separate ques bank. Could someone who has bought these clarify

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2282

Kudos [?]: 8865 [0], given: 3670

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 22:39
Expert's post
desiaggie1980 wrote:
I am about to buy the SC book so I get access to their online ques bank for SC and also the 6 tests, I think every book will give access to a separate ques bank. Could someone who has bought these clarify

That's correct - you will get access to the 6 cats and also a separate question bank that's intended for the specific book. In this case SC q bank.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 10:19
bb wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

That's correct - you will get access to the 6 cats and also a separate question bank that's intended for the specific book. In this case SC q bank.

OK, so from the sound of it, we get unique question banks based on the book topic, but only 6 CATs, no matter the number of books purchased.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 00:33
hello founder....i am new to this forum. i had heard about certain material posted over here by a person named somewhat like Master kreiko. it was named 'Extensive Material on quant. and verbal preparation' and it consisted of around 10 CR and 12 RC and 32 PS sets. can i get the links for all that material ?? please help me as soon as possible. thanks in anticipation....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 18

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 00:33
Av wrote:
I'll have more information after my first class on Thursday. As for their CATs, the questions did seem representative of the real exam, but I didn't receive enough difficult questions and I thought the scoring was awkward. For example, I missed 2 quant questions (not near each other) and received a scaled score of 46. To emphasize the lack of difficulty, I finished the quant section in only 60 minutes. Customer support said they would have someone look into my test results, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Yeah I have the same feelling with Knewton's Cat. Though I consistently score 50 in Quant in GMATPrep, it gave me a 46 with the same number of incorrect questions. And I also finish Quant section in less than one hour too, ( don't know why I scored less when it seems easier) But it took me almost of time to finish GmatPrep Quant.

In addition, the Verbal part is quite good, but I don't think their SC questions are similar to those in OG. CR and RC are pretty easy.So it also took me less time to finish than do the GmatPrep.

Hung M.Tran
Faculty of Banking and Finance,
National Economics University of Vietnam

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/AndyTranHung

Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 06:46
Hi andysimple,

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like your scaled score might have been affected by the relative difficulty of the questions you missed (even if the section as a whole seemed comparatively easy). For more on this point, check out this GMAT CAT FAQ from our VP of Research, David Kuntz.

If you have any more questions, just let us know!

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 18

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 00:08
Add MasterGmat to that list. http://app.mastergmat.com/free_test_instructions/

Hung M.Tran
Faculty of Banking and Finance,
National Economics University of Vietnam

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/AndyTranHung

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 19:29
humphy wrote:
bb wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

OK, so from the sound of it, we get unique question banks based on the book topic, but only 6 CATs, no matter the number of books purchased.

Thanks

OK, did some digging and research and I think I have figured it out:

MGMAT advertises that you get 6 CAT on the cover of every MGMAT book.

My question was: If you bought the 8 book set, is that access to 48 total CAT?

The answer I found is this:

Each MGMAT book does indeed get you access to take 6 CAT tests from the MGMAT site. However, I think that if you go through the trouble and register each book in a separate email, you can gain access to another 6. Here's the catch: MGMAT's question pool is limited, so you may see the same questions from your first set of 6 in the next set of 6 and I'd bet with increasing probability as the pool of "unseen" question gets smaller as you take more and more tests (third set of 6, 4th, 5th, etc.).

I burned one CAT right out the gate to get some idea of what the whole thing looked like and how useful the MGMAT CAT is. I will update everyone after I have burned my 6 and go on to "the next set of 6".

Let me know if you find the MGMAT free CAT system to operate differently.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 22:52
I am a newbie and I came across Grockit. I personally want to buy the member to do practice tests + 5 full length exams ($99). Has any one else tried it? Would appreciate any reviews.

Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Belmont University

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 56

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 23:09
Shalom!
I now took the first Manhattan GMAT test CAT 1. My score was a 320. :cry:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 23:27
Expert's post
That's an improvement over the first one - make sure you get the right books and a good study schedule. For books see here: top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html?highlight=ml306

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 05:27
Hey Guys,

I just wondering which GMAT CAT Practice Tests are timed versus those which you have the option to turn the clock off?

I've taken a few of the Knewton one's and i'm pretty sure that you don't have the option to turn off the timer.

Thanks,

NoObstacles
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 21:25
Hi

Please clarify : The first post of this topic is dated in April 2009. Do the reviews listed in the post hold for the present time ?

Which tests are closest to MGMAT tests and GMAT prep tests presently?
or
Which of the available tests will reflect my actual preparation level in line with the GMAT test ? :)

thanx in advance :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 21:32
Expert's post
The only test that will approach any level of accuracy evaluating your performance (at home on the couch vs stressed and sweating bullets), is the GMAT Prep. MGMAT, Knewton, and now Kaplan all come close.

You can see also GMAT Score Calculator

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 12:47
Great review.
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 03 May 2011, 12:47