Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 23:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 10:40
glores1970 wrote:
All,
Will appreciate if anyone can clear my confusion.

I took the first of the GMATPrep tests yesterday, and the Quant section was horrible. Surprisingly, Verbal was easier, which is normally tough for me. However, the score surprised me - with 9 incorrect in Quant and 6 in Verbal, the score was 750 !

I found it impossible to believe, is there an explanation ?

LOL, are you mocking my post? It seems a courtesy from GMAC that everyone takes GMAT Prep on April 1 will get a 700+.

I'm kidding. Try prep tests from Manhattan and Kaplan, then use GMAT Score Calculator to get a more accurate estimation. I will do it this weekend.

Last edited by hswater on 02 Apr 2012, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 56

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 11:45
hswater wrote:
glores1970 wrote:
All,

I took the first of the GMATPrep tests yesterday, and the Quant section was horrible. Surprisingly, Verbal was easier, which is normally tough for me. However, the score surprised me - with 9 incorrect in Quant and 6 in Verbal, the score was 750 !

LOL, are you mocking my post. It seems a courtesy from GMAC that everyone takes GMAT Prep on April 1 will get a 700+.

I'm kidding. Try prep tests from Manhattan and Kaplan, then use GMAT Score Calculator to get a more accurate estimation. I will do it this weekend.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Will tryout one of these tests in the next few days and hope to get a more accurate picture.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 19:46
All info is here .......Need not go anywhere ........Thanks

- Ganesh Kale

Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 09:30
which of these gives best results analysis

- Ganesh Kale

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 11:44
Manhattan GMAT is really a good guide
Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 18:47
glores1970 wrote:
hswater wrote:
glores1970 wrote:
All,

LOL, are you mocking my post. It seems a courtesy from GMAC that everyone takes GMAT Prep on April 1 will get a 700+.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Will tryout one of these tests in the next few days and hope to get a more accurate picture.

well, reality did hit hard today !!
after a high of 760 on GMATPrep #1, took the manhattan gmat and my score was 660 - Q 45, V 35.

what was worse, i took the verbal and quant separately. found the quant very tough, actually could not finish the last 2 questions.

in verbal, i did not agree with several questions and answers, but i guess we are supposed to choose the best out of the ambiguous 2 or 3.

hswater, what is your experience with manhattan's CAT ? you said you were going to take that next.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 00:41
This post received
KUDOS
Knewton no longer has a free test. As they say:

"We’re confident you won’t need it."

Right...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2160

Kudos [?]: 7599 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 00:43
Expert's post
kdermanis wrote:

Right...

Thanks for pointing out! Let me check.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 06:15
glores1970 wrote:
hswater, what is your experience with manhattan's CAT ? you said you were going to take that next.

I got same score as you. Q46 V34. For quant., I got 4 questions left when time’s up. I feel that Man’s test has a different writing style from GMAT Prep. I spent lots of time on reading and understanding the questions. For V, I got many mistakes in CR with which I did well in Gmat Prep.

My day is next Tuesday. I will keep working on OG anyway.
Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 06:52
Quote:
I got same score as you. Q46 V34. For quant., I got 4 questions left when time’s up. I feel that Man’s test has a different writing style from GMAT Prep. I spent lots of time on reading and understanding the questions. For V, I got many mistakes in CR with which I did well in Gmat Prep.

I agree, many questions were very different from those you find in OG. yes, some were very verbose. in one CR question you had to take a decision as a executive - the one about a company's flagship product not being profitable. you could not answer it based on what was said in the passage or based on any inference you could draw.

i am thinking of taking another test in a couple of days - kaplan, newton or from this forum.
Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2012, 19:05
glores1970 wrote:
Quote:

I agree, many questions were very different from those you find in OG. yes, some were very verbose. in one CR question you had to take a decision as a executive - the one about a company's flagship product not being profitable. you could not answer it based on what was said in the passage or based on any inference you could draw.

i am thinking of taking another test in a couple of days - kaplan, newton or from this forum.

I took the Kaplan test today, tons of incorrects in both quant and verbal - I am really worried. Total score 650. 20 correct in verbal and 24 in quant.
How does this test compare with actual GMAT ?
Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 07:58
bb wrote:
kdermanis wrote:

Right...

Thanks for pointing out! Let me check.

Yes, they have taken the free practice test away.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 18:39
What MGMAT strategy guides are really worth buy? I am trying to get access to their MGMAT exams and though might as well get a good strategy guide in the process :-)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2160

Kudos [?]: 7599 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 19:01
Expert's post
MBADreamzzz wrote:
What MGMAT strategy guides are really worth buy? I am trying to get access to their MGMAT exams and though might as well get a good strategy guide in the process :-)

FYI: The 5th edition guides are coming out on April 24th.
It depends on what you need really in terms of help - I would recommend starting with the MGMAT Roadmap (I feel it builds a very good foundation in terms of study habits/study wisdom). Then MGMAT SC is a really good guide.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 23:04
Will all the MGMAT CATs that come with the 5th edition have the Same questions as MGMAT CATs that come with the 4th edition ?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 2.8

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 01:51
hi bb! I have been preparing for my Gmat for 4 months now. My poblem is that though I am good at maths, I suck at DS. I did a paltinum test, I scored Q49(11 mistakes,10 are DS),V 35, In gmatprep I scored Q48(14 mistakes, 11 are DS), V 35. Can you suggest any book on DS stratagies? I have already done the following:
kaplan Math WB
kaplan 800
OG 12(quant question are easier than real CAT)
Arco
Manhattan Number prop
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 11 May 2012, 08:39
I have the weirdest scores for the GMAT prep tests.
I took the Real GMAT back in November and got a 600 (Q:46, V:27). I then stop reviewing till like 2 months ago and my scores on the following practice tests are as follows:

MGMAT:
CAT 1: 670 (Q:46, V:35)
CAT 2: 640 (Q:42, V:36)
CAT 3: 640 (Q:45, V:33)
CAT 4: V:33 -- totally messed up the test, comp shut down, etc.

Knewton:
Diagnostic GMAT Q:36 V:25 510
Practice GMAT #1 Q:44 V:32 630
Practice GMAT #2 Q:38 V:29 550
Practice GMAT #3 Q:43 V:31 610
Practice GMAT #4 Q:37 V:25 510
Practice GMAT #5 Q:39 V:35 600

GMAT PREP: 680 Q:47 V:36

My scores are so random; does anyone have any tips to help me out? I have the test next Tuesday.

Thanks!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 47

Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 May 2012, 14:53
I'm not really sure what happened, but my score on test day was much lower that any of my practice tests, even though this estimate said I should be at least in the ball park of my practice scores :?

Now I have to get ready for the new integrated reasoning section when I retake....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 May 2012, 15:01
hunterashmore wrote:
I'm not really sure what happened, but my score on test day was much lower that any of my practice tests, even though this estimate said I should be at least in the ball park of my practice scores :?

Now I have to get ready for the new integrated reasoning section when I retake....

Trust me I feel the same way about getting prepared for the IR section.
Intern
Intern

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 18:03
Yes, I think that is common, at least if you are talking math. I think verbal was long, but I didn't have problems finishing (I think their reading passages were a little long if I remember correctly). If you can make it through MGMAT in time and still do well, you should be well equipped for the real thing.
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2012, 18:03