Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 345 [0], given: 182

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 21:51
Its the same set of 6 CATs (1 free + 5) whether you buy 1 or 12 of their books.

Thanks,
PraPon

Tough 700+ Level RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7
Reading Comprehension notes: Click here
VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
PowerScore CR Bible - Official Guide 13 Questions Set Mapped: Click here

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 00:44
about GMATprep CAT test, I just did the first one, and unfortunately there is no explanation (or I did not find them?) to explain the different answers. Especially for the quant part I could not understand why some of my answers were false. Do you know if it is possible to find somewhere the explanation of each problem ?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 06:51
Sorry Jackouille, the GMATPrep tests don't include explanations. But if you search for the questions on GMAT Club or Google, you'll find explanations for pretty much everything.

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 15:37
Official prep tests & 800scores worked for me!

Does this post deserve KUDOS?

Free Prep: Self-prepare GMAT for free and GMAT Math tips for free
Free Flashcards: Free GMAT Flashcards

More: "All I wish someone had told me about GMAT beforehand"
There are many things you want to know before doing the GMAT exam (how is exam day, what to expect, how to think, to do's...), and you have them in this blog, in a simple way

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 03:11
I have a question for those familiar with Kaplan CAT tests. I scored a 650 on Kaplan CAT 1 (including IR). I did not get seperate QV scores but my Quant percentage was Below 85% , and Verbal Percentage below 66%. What does this mean? On the GMAT scale a 85 percentile is roughly a 48 or 49 , but below 85th percentile? How much below? Do they use percentages of 1% or 5%? I wish they really would just give Q V scores just like the test they are simulating.

My overall experience in Quant was that it included 3-4 Probability questions which i have read is quite unusual in the real thing however the questions overall were neither tougher nor easier when compared to GMAT PREP although others are of the opinion that they are slightly easier (i could not tell the difference)... Verbal was not brutal but somehow i did really badly in CR (accuracy 55%), whereas in GMAT PREP , OG13, OG Verbal, GMAC QP 1 etc i have always had an accuracy of 85+% in CR, and my CR performance on the first MGMAT CAT was 100% . 66% roughly corresponds to a V33 but again i dont know how much below 66% i scored ...

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 12

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
How would you rate the difficulty level of the verbal tests by GMATCLUB. What is the correlation like?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2221

Kudos [?]: 8223 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 13:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
StrivingTurtle wrote:
How would you rate the difficulty level of the verbal tests by GMATCLUB. What is the correlation like?

I would say the verbal tests difficulty is around 650. Not hard. medium.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 16:07
can anyone share experience or verdict on the GMAT Focus® Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool? does it give by specific math topics like geometry, integers etc? i'm really considering this, seems especially value buy for someone with lopsided strengths to project some balance into final performance. thanks
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2221

Kudos [?]: 8223 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 16:08
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You should try a quick search. There are a few dedicated discussions.

Posted from my mobile device.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 18:56
is there any other way to get more CAT exams with GMATPREP? my understanding is that buying question pack 1 will not give you more CAT opportunity.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 04:20
Man.. thought I had done all CATs....I have some work to do...

BTW...check your library..sometimes they have some of the above mentioned books with CDs that contain CATS....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.94

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 07:51
I used Official Prep. Software and bought the Manhattan 6 CAT. I found both very helpful, definitely worth to invest.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 08-01-2013

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 21:50
Yes,

This is the most common and vital result most of us get across. That's one parameter GMAT tests on (Time Management). Apart from answering the questions correctly we also need to answer it within the stipulated average time for each question. certain questions take <30-45 secs to answer and certain take >3 mins to answer.Your primary focus should be to reduce the speed of response for those questions which take >3 mins .. You need to practice to reduce it to <2and half mins atleast. So considering the entire test, you ll end up saving time to answer the remaining questions.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 01:11
This information provided here is excellent...
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 67

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 00:58
Hi
I scored V 25 on gmat club test and Q 37......any insights in the scores.
Verbal could have scored better but the test is designed such that ppl lose time...especially the irritating smaller RC's and a thread of long CR's towards end.

Archit
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 286

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 08:44
Expert's post
GMAT Pill's full-length GMAT Practice Test has been added to the list.

Here's the link: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

Here are some screenshots:

As always, we welcome any feedback you may have.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 19:58
bb wrote:
powerka wrote:
I just took the GMATLive free CAT. And with it ends my experimentation of GMAT CATs from unverified sources. The test was as bad as it could be.

Quant: Not adaptative, overly easy ... and I found a question that did not have the right answer listed!
Verbal: Seems like it was taken entirely from 1000CR, 1000SC and 3000RC.
Scoring: What A joke. Please laugh with me. Score was Q:53 V:56 T:790. (for those who don't know, the highest GMAT score is 51)

Veredict: stay away!

Thanks for the reviews!!

Hey can anybody tell me how is Magoosh for taking GMAT adaptive tests?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 17

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 08:10
Hi Evrybody,

Just wanted to add my review of Platinum GMAT CAT test that I took recently.

Section Raw Score Percentile
Quantitative 50 - 50 94% - 98%
Verbal 36 - 38 78% - 85%
Total Score 700 - 710 91% - 93%

Quant: 50 (My actual competency level: 48)
Way easier and predictable. DS questions are not tricky as GMATPrep. PS also quite predictable.

Verbal: 36-38 (My actual competency level: 34-35)
CR and RC very much direct. SC is medium to difficult. RC is long but the language and composition is way simpler than GMATPrep

Overall:
Great for practice. Questions had predictable twists. Quality of explanation is majorly good. No ambiguity.
Will subtract 30 points from final score to be realistic.
I find Manhattan CAT tests are much harder though.

Thanks.
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 248 [0], given: 543

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 07:32
I scored V24 the other day on a GMAT club test any feedback on what's the difficulty level of these tests compared with other prep tests?

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 15:20
Hello there....

I am going to sit for the GMAT on June 14. One problem I have faced until now with my preparation is that due to busy schedule, I was not able to "handle" some full tests as I would like to so I had to rush and finish earlier in some cases.

So far I have the following results:
Kaplan (1) - 680
800 Score (1) - 550
Kaplan (2) - 610
GmatPrep (1) (In a hurry during the verbal)- over 10 minutes finishing earlier, around 580-600
Manhattan GMAT (1) - 570 (Finished earlier because something occured)
GmatPrep (2) (Serious-taking) - 660

I think until now that I am good as far as it concerns my target score which is above 600 (of course I want to get the best that I can). Right now I am bit worried about my manhattan full test (although I did it a part of it in a hurry) because I read that it is one of the best estimators for your performance.

Unfortunately I don't have more access to MGMAT tests because I don't have any official books. Do you think i should purchase the 5 remaining tests for 49$ or doing 3 more kaplan tests 1 time more gmat prep and 2 800 score tests is good enough? What do you think?

ThX!
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2013, 15:20