Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT Date: 09-20-2013
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2013, 08:43
Hey everyone !

Any feedback on the VeritasPrep free CAT (difficult/accuracy) ?

I just took it and scored 710 (Q47, V40).

My last score was a Princeton Review 650 (Q40, V39) so it seems like a big leap to me, eventhough I have been studying/practicing my Quant.

Thanks for the answers ! :)
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Thunderbird '15

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 12:58
Are tests still free for 25+ kudos ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 23:39
Hi All,
I took my GMAT last month and scored a 650 :( . However, in all my practice tests which included GMAT prep,Manhattan GMAT and Kaplan i was scoring in the range of ~680 - 710. Now, I am taking the GMAT again in a month and i am not sure what tests to take.
Here are my queries -

- I am done with the 6 Kaplan tests (from Premier 2013). Should i buy the 2014 Premier book and will those 6 test that it comes with be any different from 2013.
- I have re-taken all the 6 Manhattan tests already (scoring well above 700) - but i have seen a lot of repeats so the scores don't really count.
- I am planning to save the best for the last (GMAT prep). Although, i do believe that there will be repeat questions there too. Any tips?
- Should i invest in 800 score (5 tests) ? Any suggestions here ?
- What about 5 tests ($40) from Manhattan review (not Manhattan GMAT) ? Any suggestions on this ?

Is there any other prep or test out there that you think can help me beat the GMAT in a month ? I am really hoping to break the 700 barrier. I was well prepared the first time but very disappointed with the 650.

Appreciate your inputs.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2013, 11:50
What would be the best (closest to official or official source) CAT test to take for ONLY a Quant score?

I want to save as many full length CATS for a couple weeks from now when I'm ready on verbal as well (OG, MGMAT, GMATClub). In the meantime...I'd like to get a feel for where I am in in Quant. I have taken the OG Diagnostic (didn't find it particularly useful) and 1 GMATClub Q CAT (Found it might be a bit on the more difficult side of grading).

Any suggestions or should I just burn an OG CAT and skip the verbal?

Thanks,
Omni
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 122

Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 04:32
Is there a reason why The Economist GMAT is not listed? Is it not a CAT?

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.28
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 83

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 09:35
GMAC has recently released the Test Pack 1, which provides two additional CAT.
Has anyone taken this?
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 09:58
Expert's post
Hi farful,

I was browsing the forums and saw that you asked about the Economist GMAT Tutor -- indeed the program offers CATs (and one is included in the 7-day free trial). The entirety of the program uses adaptive technology. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know or you can check out a 7-day trial here: http://econgm.at/gmatclub.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

http://econgm.at/GMATCLUB14
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7604 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 11:00
Expert's post
Thank you I have added The Economist GMAT Tutor to the list!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 11:18
Just gave an MGMAT CAT (my first) and shocked to see the result. 650 with quant 45 and verbal 33. Got 710 in GMAT prep with verbal 40. May be because of the format of the questions or something else I don't know but one thing is pretty clear. MGMAT instructors deliberately add in details to questions which make no proper sense just to complicate the question. Quant is definitely not an indicator but if you can do well on these tests, it's a good sign.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 61

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 23:30
bb wrote:
nksbits wrote:
How good are the practice tests from 800?

I think they would be fifth in line after GMAT Prep, MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas

How about the GMAT Club tests , where would they lie among these 5 ?

Thank you
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 122

Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 15:03
bb wrote:
Thank you I have added The Economist GMAT Tutor to the list!

I would just like to comment that The Economist GMAT CAT practice test did not have an AWA or IR section.

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7604 [1] , given: 3626

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
eandresmo wrote:
bb wrote:
nksbits wrote:
How good are the practice tests from 800?

I think they would be fifth in line after GMAT Prep, MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas

How about the GMAT Club tests , where would they lie among these 5 ?

Thank you

The GMAT Club tests focus primarily on the Quant, so I would (in a biased manner) say that the quant is great and verbal.... well, let's just say the quant is great :lol:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 08:18
shraddhasahoo wrote:
Can anyone please tell me if KAPLAN test are good ??

Check the first page first post of this thread...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 17

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 03:19
Hi,

I have a question about GMAT Club Tests. If I purchase 3-months subscription, how many complete CAT can I take? You said up to 20 (14 quant and 6 verbal), but how it is possible? If up to 20 CAT is available, then why there is just 6 verbal? I thought that by CAT you mean a full GMAT mock test which starts with essay and IR and went through Quant and Verbal and takes about 4 hours to complete. Does GMAT Club 3-month subscription provide 20 complete GMAT test as I explained? Am I wrong? GMAT Club tests are like this or they are 14 separate computer adaptive quant tests with 37 questions and 6 separate computer adaptive verbal tests with 41 questions each?

About quizzes, how many different and discrete quizzes can I take and see fresh question not repetitive ones? up to your question bank number of questions?

I am a bit confused. Can you please explain it to me?
Regards.
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 57

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 06:00
zazoz wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about GMAT Club Tests. If I purchase 3-months subscription, how many complete CAT can I take? You said up to 20 (14 quant and 6 verbal), but how it is possible? If up to 20 CAT is available, then why there is just 6 verbal? I thought that by CAT you mean a full GMAT mock test which starts with essay and IR and went through Quant and Verbal and takes about 4 hours to complete. Does GMAT Club 3-month subscription provide 20 complete GMAT test as I explained? Am I wrong? GMAT Club tests are like this or they are 14 separate computer adaptive quant tests with 37 questions and 6 separate computer adaptive verbal tests with 41 questions each?

About quizzes, how many different and discrete quizzes can I take and see fresh question not repetitive ones? up to your question bank number of questions?

Regards.

In GC club test we offer 1274 Questions....Now you get 2 options to choose from..

GC Quizes- Quizzes and tests share the same question pool. Although we offer 20 CATs using 1,274 questions (enough for 30+ tests), it is possible to reduce the number of possible CATs by taking numerous quizzes. This is especially true for the verbal questions.

GC CAT's- you should be able to take at around 20 CAT's (14 quant and 6 verbal tests).

So coming back to your question it is not Full length 4hour mock including AWA and IR..While taking CAT you may separately take Quant and verbal.Also regarding quizes You get option to choose different quant topics with level of difficulty..

Hope it was some what useful. :)

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 17

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 07:08
prateekbhatt wrote:
zazoz wrote:
Hi,

Regards.

In GC club test we offer 1274 Questions....Now you get 2 options to choose from..

GC Quizes- Quizzes and tests share the same question pool. Although we offer 20 CATs using 1,274 questions (enough for 30+ tests), it is possible to reduce the number of possible CATs by taking numerous quizzes. This is especially true for the verbal questions.

GC CAT's- you should be able to take at around 20 CAT's (14 quant and 6 verbal tests).

So coming back to your question it is not Full length 4hour mock including AWA and IR..While taking CAT you may separately take Quant and verbal.Also regarding quizes You get option to choose different quant topics with level of difficulty..

Hope it was some what useful. :)

Thanks it was useful.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 92

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 21:54
bb wrote:

The GMAT Club tests focus primarily on the Quant, so I would (in a biased manner) say that the quant is great and verbal.... well, let's just say the quant is great :lol:

Hey bb
I am struggling in the verbal section. Thanks to the GMAT Club tests, my Quant has improved considerably. :-D :-D :-D
Are there any tests to improve to verbal section(particularly)?

And thanks for the updating of tests(including the Economist.) :-D :-D
Thanks in advance.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7604 [1] , given: 3626

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 21:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
domfrancondumas wrote:
bb wrote:

Hey bb
I am struggling in the verbal section. Thanks to the GMAT Club tests, my Quant has improved considerably. :-D :-D :-D

Thanks in advance.

e-GMAT specializes in Verbal... though they don't have a full test, they have a few diagnostic tests floating around.
http://gmatclub.com/blog/2012/09/e-gmat ... iagnostic/
http://gmatclub.com/blog/2013/03/e-gmat ... tic-stats/

Though it is not very clear to me how to access the diagnostic tests :roll:

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 92

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 22:35
bb wrote:
domfrancondumas wrote:
bb wrote:

Hey bb

Thanks in advance.

e-GMAT specializes in Verbal... though they don't have a full test, they have a few diagnostic tests floating around.
http://gmatclub.com/blog/2012/09/e-gmat ... iagnostic/
http://gmatclub.com/blog/2013/03/e-gmat ... tic-stats/

Though it is not very clear to me how to access the diagnostic tests :roll:

Thanks bb... Though there is only 1 diagnostic test..I was actually looking for something more...
Should I try the GMAT Club verbal??
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 145 [1] , given: 57

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 06:23
This post received
KUDOS
[quote="domfrancondumas"][/quote]

Egmat one diagnostic test is free, once you take their package you will get a lot more questions and mocks.

Definitely try Gc verbal.

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 02 Oct 2013, 06:23