Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 01:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 10:44
I have take gmat club free test-math.
I must say that maths test content was very good.I learned many things
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 19:34
bb wrote:
I would not spend much time or money on the last 5-10 and rather focus on the top 5

Hey bb,

Any thoughts on the accuracy of PR, I've been getting 700 on my MGMAT scores, a 660 on Kaplan (which is really more like a 700 in the real GMAT), and for the Practice GMAT online for Princeton, I got 640. Is this score understated?

I've seen some threads where they talked about the scoring is very similar to Kaplan, so a score below 700 should not be alarming. Even though the GMAT predictor says that 640 is very close to the real thing.

Thanks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2273

Kudos [?]: 8785 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 22:08
Expert's post
lunasea29 wrote:
bb wrote:
I would not spend much time or money on the last 5-10 and rather focus on the top 5

Hey bb,

Any thoughts on the accuracy of PR, I've been getting 700 on my MGMAT scores, a 660 on Kaplan (which is really more like a 700 in the real GMAT), and for the Practice GMAT online for Princeton, I got 640. Is this score understated?

I've seen some threads where they talked about the scoring is very similar to Kaplan, so a score below 700 should not be alarming. Even though the GMAT predictor says that 640 is very close to the real thing.

Thanks.

Not very familiar with PR test scoring. Been a while.
Try the GMAT Score Calculator; that's the best suggestion I have.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC Paris, Wharton,UMD

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2010, 12:03
Hi guys,
Thanks for creating this great website, I just randomly found it and I trying to prepare for my GMAT, really just started ...not sure where to start :)
Anyway you are using some acronym here such as "CAT", what does that stand for?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools: GWSB

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 05:33
CAT - Computer Adaptive Test. Means that the computer gives you the next question of difficulty level based on the fact whether you correctly answered the current question. If yes, next question will be of higher assigned difficulty, if no - an easier one. CAT is different in that regard from paper-based test, where all questions are put on paper in advance. Another difference from the paper-based tests is that in CAT you cannot come back to a question later, whereas in paper tests you can skip some questions and then come back later to try to crack them. As far as GMAT goes, I think they have (almost) eliminated paper-based tests.

http://parttimembadegree.com

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 19:45
Great compliation
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 22:50
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 13:57
my kaplan premier 2010-2011 book with cd says it comes with 6 full-length practice tests. 1 is on paper in the book. 5 are available online or through cd. are all 5 of these cat's? the first post of this thread suggests that there are only 4 cat's that come with the book and another poster mentioned that the first online/cd test is not a cat. however, i believe the amazon review by gmatclub founder bb states 5 cat's. so are there really 4 cat's or 5 cat's with the kaplan premier book?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 14:07
Expert's post
username123 wrote:
my kaplan premier 2010-2011 book with cd says it comes with 6 full-length practice tests. 1 is on paper in the book. 5 are available online or through cd. are all 5 of these cat's? the first post of this thread suggests that there are only 4 cat's that come with the book and another poster mentioned that the first online/cd test is not a cat. however, i believe the amazon review by gmatclub founder bb states 5 cat's. so are there really 4 cat's or 5 cat's with the kaplan premier book?

Here is how it should be: 6 full-length tests (2 online and 4 in the book per book's back cover)
There are 5 CAT's
  • 4 on the CD
  • 1 online
1 Non-CAT paper test (at the end of the book)

However, in reality you have a choice between Online and CD (perhaps a bug): I am getting offered 5 online tests instead of 1 or 2 as the book says and here is how it is:
  • 4 on the CD (verified)
  • 5 online (verified)
1 Non-CAT paper test (at the end of the book) - verified
Attachments

File comment: CD Tests
Kaplan Premier 2010-2011-2.jpg
Kaplan Premier 2010-2011-2.jpg [ 140.93 KiB | Viewed 7952 times ]

File comment: Online Access
Kaplan Premier 2010-2011.png
Kaplan Premier 2010-2011.png [ 21.94 KiB | Viewed 7947 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Last edited by bb on 15 Apr 2010, 14:52, edited 5 times in total.
Verification
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 14:17
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
username123 wrote:

There are 6 full-length tests
There are 5 CAT's
  • 3 on the CD (I am verifying this part)
  • 2 online
1 Non-CAT paper test

I think the 2010-2011 version lets you choose to take all of the 5-non-paper tests either on cd or online. i assume all the tests on the cd are the same as those online. however, other users are reporting that the first non-paper test is NOT a CAT:

TobiasSch wrote:
Hi!

I just purchased the Kaplan 2010-2011 Premier, basically only for the included Tests. I just started the Practice Test 2 online (the first one is referred to be the paper test in the book). I only completed the Quant section so far and paused it.
What really surprised me was that it was really, really easy! No real hard question and no advanced concepts. Before, I read that the Kaplan tests are known to be extremely difficult. Before, I did 4 Manhattan GMAT tests, which were much harder.
Does anyone know what's behind this? Are the Kaplan Test on the Cd, the Test which are really hard and the online tests are used to train you from low level to later harder level (maybe practice test 6 is harder)???

TobiasSch wrote:
So in the meantime I completed the test, my result:

Overall: 650
Overall Percentage: 83%

Quant: 44
Quant %: 93%

Verbal: 39
Verbal %: 89%

Quant: 86% of Questions right
Verbal: 73% of Questions right

I'm quite confused. First of all the are the score a bit inconsitent with what I know/expect from the GMAT scoring. a quant score of 44 = 93%??? normally you need something around 49 to be in 93% as far as I know?
Additionally, Quant % of 93 + Verbal % of 89% equals overall 83%??? Normally as far as I know, if you score about the same % in each section, you should be in a higher % overall?!

Also for the verbal part, I was quite shocked how (relatively) easy the Questions were.

Of course, the overall score of 650 is not great, but I heard that you can easily add 100 point on that.
Anyway, I don't know how to interpret this score.... I still found the Q's quite easy and would expect the real Q's to get more difficult.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Did I maybe picked a practice exam which was made up only of easy questions for people who just started preparation? How comparable is the difficulty of the Kaplan Questions itself to the real questions?

BTW, I am aiming for a score of ~730 (Q:90%; V:70-80%)

Any input would be highly appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Tobias

edit: okay, I just learned, that this test was an linear test and no CAT test... good that this is only told, once you review your score ;-) not sure though if the linear test is in any way representative for a CAT test?

TobiasSch reports that the first non-paper test was a LINEAR scoring, and not a CAT. Can anyone else verify? Or someone from Kaplan comment on this?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 14:46
Expert's post
See my reply to you.
There are 5 tests online but 6 are listed (which is confusing since the first one is just a reference to the book test).
You can also contact Kaplan directly at booksupport@kaplan.com

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 11:52
If I use GMAT prep multiple times(more than 2 times), what is the chance that I will get repeat questions ?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 11:58
bb wrote:
See my reply to you.
There are 5 tests online but 6 are listed (which is confusing since the first one is just a reference to the book test).
You can also contact Kaplan directly at booksupport@kaplan.com

I think the 1st of the 5 tests online is NOT a CAT. I guess I can confirm in a few weeks when I take it, if no one else wants to...

You know what's funny? The back of the book says "6 full-length practice tests (4 in the book, 2 online)". Obviously incorrect, whatever the breakdown of tests is.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 12:02
msand wrote:
If I use GMAT prep multiple times(more than 2 times), what is the chance that I will get repeat questions ?

I have not yet taken GMAT Prep, but this is what I have concluding by reading the posts by other people:

-If you take it twice, there is a very small chance of repeated questions. (~1-2 per section max.)
-If you take it 3+ times, you will most likely see repeat questions, but you will also see new ones. (Maybe 25% repeat / 75% new, depending on how many times?)

To people who have taken GMAT Prep multiple times, does this sound accurate?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2010, 23:24
Expert's post
msand wrote:

It has more than a thousand questions but the chances after the second time are that you will see a few/quite a few depending on your level/answers, so i would not even consider those scores.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 01:56
Is there a thread for solutions/questions that come out specifically of the GMATPrep tests?
I took my first GMATPrep test and I am reviewing wrong answers, but unfortunately the software doesnt provide explanations and in many cases I dont know how they got to the right answer.
Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 09:03
perseverant wrote:
Is there a thread for solutions/questions that come out specifically of the GMATPrep tests?
I took my first GMATPrep test and I am reviewing wrong answers, but unfortunately the software doesnt provide explanations and in many cases I dont know how they got to the right answer.

Thanks!

Here is a link to a thread with supposedly all SC questions and answers (no explanations) extracted from GMAT Prep: extracting-all-the-questions-from-gmat-prep-93555.html

As far as I know I don't think anyone has done this for any of the other question types.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 10:21
username123 wrote:
perseverant wrote:

Thanks!

Here is a link to a thread with supposedly all SC questions and answers (no explanations) extracted from GMAT Prep: extracting-all-the-questions-from-gmat-prep-93555.html

As far as I know I don't think anyone has done this for any of the other question types.

Thanks for the reference, I wish the explanations were included, but it will still be a good start.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 09:53
What's the opinion on McGraw Hill's practice tests? I read some posts earlier that said the book isn't very helpful, but what about the tests that come on the CD?

I have "McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT" and "McGraw-Hill Conquering GMAT Verbal and Writing."

I did a practice test on the CD that came with McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT and scored a 660. Is that test computer adaptive? Or is it simply just questions by order (so my actual score on the GMAT would be much lower than 660?)

Thanks for your help!
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8785 [2] , given: 3666

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 12:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
stuckatfailure wrote:
What's the opinion on McGraw Hill's practice tests? I read some posts earlier that said the book isn't very helpful, but what about the tests that come on the CD?

I have "McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT" and "McGraw-Hill Conquering GMAT Verbal and Writing."

I did a practice test on the CD that came with McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT and scored a 660. Is that test computer adaptive? Or is it simply just questions by order (so my actual score on the GMAT would be much lower than 660?)

Thanks for your help!

Would not spend too much time on these, but here is some more: mcgraw-hill-tests-78737.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 23 May 2010, 12:01