Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 21:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
210 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2239

Kudos [?]: 8449 [210] , given: 3647

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2009, 09:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
For all your GMAT Test Needs - overview of GMAT Tests, GMAT CAT Tests, Free Tests, and of course member reviews! [Updated Feb 7, 2013]
(remember that a good GMAT score is not based on how many tests you have taken, but how well you have mastered the fundamentals. Get a good GMAT Book before rushing into tests - don't run before you walk)
Please feel free to comment or reply to this thread and share your opinion about the tests you have taken.

Want to know how various tests correlate to the final GMAT Score?

Try our GMAT Score Calculator - it is free

1. GMAT Prep - Official Software
CAT: Yes
Free Tests: Yes - 2 (can be taken multiple times)
Price: Free; extra question pack available for $
Bottom Line: Practice tests distributed by the GMAC, the administrator of the GMAT. GMAT Prep is the only test that contains real GMAT Questions and is undoubtedly the best predictor of the final GMAT Score, which makes this product extremely valuable at the end of preparation and many believe should not be "wasted" on pre-prep analysis.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "This is by far the most accurate and realistic."
Download Link: www.mba.com
Additional Info: Read how to maximize, reinstall, and go behind the scenes
P.S. Make sure you explore both the GMATPrep and PowerPrep, the older brother of GMATPrep

2. GMAT Club's Tests
CAT: Yes; up to 20 adaptive tests (14 quant and 6 verbal); over 1,200 questions included for quizzes.
Free Tests: Yes - 2 to any gmat club member or all for any member with 25 Kudos points
Price: all tests are free for members with 25 Kudos; otherwise pricing starts at $79 for 3 months access
Bottom Line: Our in-house tests developed to challenge anyone and bring out the best in the 700+ seekers. Hardest questions on the market; created by bb and Bunuel.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “Excellent tool for improving your Quant to the top level. As the name implies these tests were designed to challenge you. With some effort from your side they help you learn how to solve tough Quant questions. The Challenges cover all necessary areas of Quant section such as Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Probability, Combinations/Permutation etc."
Link: http://gmatclub.com/tests/
Additional Info: Tests are fully open and available during the US public holidays. For schedule, please see here: Free Tests on Holidays

3. Kaplan GMAT Tests
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Kaplan Test
Price: $30 for 4 full-length practice tests on CD/Online if you purchase a Kaplan GMAT Premier book
Bottom Line: Good Value as Kaplan guides are solid. In addition, we recommend Kaplan Math Workbook and Kaplan Verbal Workbook for more in-depth review. Up to 9 tests are available with purchase of preparation packages.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "Good tricks and though questions in both Math and Verbal. Kaplan CATs will force you to think in the right direction. In general, results from Kaplan are lower then results from actual GMAT (due to marketing reasons, most likely) therefore do not be discouraged by low scores."
Link: Free Practice Test

4. Economist GMAT Tutor
Free Tests: Yes - online free test. To take the test, sign up for a free 7-day trial that comes with a test and a number of lessons
Price:You cannot purchase tests separately but the free trial offers access to quite a few questions
Link: http://econgm.at/gmatclub

5. Veritas Prep Tests
Free Tests: Yes - online free test
Price: 1 free test or buy 7 tests for $49. Please note that Veritas Prep GMAT course students already get these same tests with the purchase of a course. Veritas Prep also has a free GMAT Question Bank, which includes hundreds of realistic, completely free GMAT questions, a personal account to track your progress and review your past results, and detailed solutions for each question and a breakdown of how other students have answered each question.
Forum users comments: has-anyone-taken-the-veritas-prep-s-gmat-simulator-cat-exams-92320.html
Link: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-practice-test/

6. Manhattan GMAT Tests
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test
Price: $49 if bought separately or Free if you purchase MGMAT Guides - each strategy guide comes with access to 6 tests - see full listing of MGMAT Guides
Bottom Line: Second to GMAT Prep only (and maybe our tests ;)) - fairly accurate scoring. Great value.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “In general, the results on real GMAT are in +/- 40 point range compared to MGMAT. Very good tool for personal evaluation, which helps to find week spots in your knowledge. Highly recommended if you want to check on your preparation progress."
Free Tests Link: http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat.cfm
6 Full Tests $49: http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 81&catid=4

7. Princeton Review Tests
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test
Price: Access to 4 online tests comes with Cracking the GMAT
2-5 tests, included in online courses, Price depends on a package $132+
Bottom Line: Overall is a good practice if starting from scratch and targeting 600 to 700 range.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “PR is very good as a refresher. The Princeton CATs are designed for those starting on basics concepts. As a result the Quant section seems to be primitive compared with Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan.”
Link: Free CAT Test

8. GMAT Pill Practice Test
Free Tests: Yes - online free test
Price: Free
Link: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

Other GMAT Tests & Products

GMAT Focus
Free Tests: No
Price: 1 for $25; 3 for $65
Bottom Line: Definitely a good practice for Quant if you have some extra money to spend. Unfortunately some questions overlap with the OG 12. For more info go here
GMAT Club Member Comments: "GMAT Focus is expensive but worth every cent." "If you don't mind the price of them, I think the GMAT Focus tests are pretty good. The big advantage is that they probably have a more-updated scoring algorithm, so you get an idea of where you're actually scoring for Quant. And it seemed to me that the types of questions were more recent (harder than OG, if you're scoring at a high Quant level).But if I had only $80 to spend, I'd probably buy the GMAT Club tests - you'll get 25 very good tests (with ~37 questions each) instead of 3 tests (with 24 questions each)." (Source)
Link: http://www.gmatfocus.com

Powerprep
CAT: No
Free Tests: Yes
Price: Free tests only - Download
Bottom Line: Powerprep are practice tests distributed by the GMAC, before 2006, and were replaced by GMAT Prep.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "Its worth doing if you're looking for extra test simulations, however, don't be lulled into a false sense of security if you score high. There are many repeats from OG, you will score very high...". "Powerprep wasn't truly adaptive, so it's not overly useful anymore. It won't mimic your real GMAT experience. "

800score
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Downloadable Quant Test
Price: 5 downloadable tests for $24.95
Forum users comments: Quant section is challenging, while Verbal is of no challenge whatsoever. So don't get disappointed with low Quant score and do not rely on high results from Verbal as an indicator of mastering this section. Some more polishing still could be done since spelling errors and missing information happens in the test questions. Nevertheless can be a useful preparation tool in addition to other CATs.
Link: http://www.800score.com

Platinum GMAT
CAT: No
Price: free - no sign up required
http://www.platinumgmat.com/gmat-practice-test/

Chicago Booth University powered by The Economist-GMAT
CAT: YES
Price: free - sign up required
http://gmat.chicagobooth.edu/

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Attachment:
gmat score calculator button.gif
gmat score calculator button.gif [ 4.52 KiB | Viewed 811951 times ]
Attachment:
2012_gmatprep_114x146.png
2012_gmatprep_114x146.png [ 11.25 KiB | Viewed 360253 times ]
Attachment:
gmatclub-cats.png
gmatclub-cats.png [ 3.1 KiB | Viewed 359753 times ]
Attachment:
mgmat-cats.gif
mgmat-cats.gif [ 5.37 KiB | Viewed 352223 times ]
Attachment:
mgmat-cats.gif
mgmat-cats.gif [ 5.37 KiB | Viewed 352223 times ]
Attachment:
veritas-prep-test.gif
veritas-prep-test.gif [ 4.89 KiB | Viewed 352122 times ]
Attachment:
princeton-cat.gif
princeton-cat.gif [ 2.99 KiB | Viewed 352017 times ]
Attachment:
kaplan-cat.gif
kaplan-cat.gif [ 5.22 KiB | Viewed 352285 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 21 Aug 2014, 11:57, edited 85 times in total.
Links Updated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
8 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [8] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2009, 09:30
This post received
KUDOS
Man.. thought I had done all CATs....I have some work to do...

BTW...check your library..sometimes they have some of the above mentioned books with CDs that contain CATS....
6 KUDOS received
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 424 [6] , given: 19

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2009, 15:21
This post received
KUDOS
mousymouse wrote:
add knewton's test to that lot.

Sure! I've read your review on them. It seems, Knewton's course has helped you a lot. Can you provide some more info? Did you try other CAT's? Can you compare knewton's CAT's with GMAT Prep, Club Challanges, MGMAT or Kaplan?
I could see what you liked about them. Are there any drawbacks?
Thank you a lot for sharing your experience!

Edit: Please post information on Knewton CAT here. Discussion on Knweton as a course moved to - knewton-online-course-review-78282.html

My Recent Posts:
All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews
Master thread - GMAT Prep classes links to reviews and ratings
Review: GMATPrep (GMAT Prep) & PowerPrep (Power Prep) Tests

Have trouble finding answers on this site? Ask me!

5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [5] , given: 0

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2009, 13:10
This post received
KUDOS
add knewton's test to that lot.
5 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 191 [5] , given: 123

Premium Member
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
tl;dr Best CATs to take in order (in my opinion!): GMAT Prep, Kaplan/Manhattan, Economist, Veritas. Stay away from GMATPill.

I'm stressing too much from apps; so, I've decided to take a break and write a review for all the CATs I've taken. But first, a few notes:

1. I haven't taken the free Kaplan CAT, but took the 4 (out of 5) CATs with Kaplan Premier 2014. I will assume these are similar.
2. Please remember this is a review on their Free CAT exam - this review has no bearing on their ability to prepare or teach you.
3. I'm sure companies have an evolving process and these reviews may no longer be applicable if you're reading this years later. I have personally found all the information regarding Kaplan's CAT exams being harder than the real GMAT frustrating - all the info I found were years old and I believe they've changed this recently as I find Kaplan's exams to be easier.
4. It's been a month since I've taken most of these. Hopefully my memory is good!

Here's the list of all the exams I took:
8/27, kaplan cat1, 710, Q51, V29, IR4
9/14, kaplan cat2, 750, Q51, V33, IR8
9/17, manhattangmat, 690, Q48, V36, IR6.53
9/21, economist, 730, Q50, V41, IR?
9/24, kaplan cat3, 720, Q51, V34, IR8
9/28, gmat pill, 740, Q49, V42, IR6
9/28, gmat prep 1, 700, Q50, V34, IR8
9/29, kaplan cat4, 710, Q50, V38, IR7
10/1, Veritas, 690, Q50, V35, IR4
10/5, gmat prep 2, 680, Q49, V33, IR8
10/9, Real GMAT, 740, Q51, V38, IR8

Kaplan: The exams are great overall. No real major flaw. The look and feel is exactly like the GMAT - and the only exam I've taken (other than GMATPrep) to have done that. My first complaint are the scores. I feel Kaplan consistently scored me higher than where I actually was. This led me to have a false sense of security - I kept feeling really confident until I took the GMATPrep - and then I started to panic. They also just have some funky errors regarding their analysis and breakdowns of the exam, and probably their scoring as well. Nevertheless, this doesn't affect the quality of the exam - just note that the scoring and their analysis may be off. Second minor complaint involves the calculator in the IR section. You couldn't have the calculator open and fill in the answers at the same time - had to close calculator first.

MGMAT: Again, great exam overall. The quant was harder than the actual exam. The look and feel bothered me a lot. It looked very different from the actual exam, and it was awfully annoying that I couldn't select the answer choice line - I had to select the radio button itself, and this extremely hard. Clicking "Next" and going on to the next question was also different in some way from what I remember. Again, I had issues with their calculator during IR as well - it wouldn't let me use the keyboard to use the calculator.

Economist: They didn't have an AWA or an IR section, but the quant and verbal seemed fine. They may have both been a tad on the easy side, but it's hard for me to tell (I'm basing this on the fact that I finished quant way earlier than I normally do and that my verbal score seems to be higher than normal). I really liked their review user interface that after the exam. It's the best one out of the tests I've taken. I liked how everything is on one page. Most exams you have to do a lot of back and forth reviewing the problems you got wrong. You can just click on a problem and it'll expand and show the problem below. Then they'll give their explanation of that problem on the side. Then you can click on each answer choice to see the explanation behind why that answer choice was correct or incorrect. Picture is worth a thousand words: http://i.imgur.com/ChggjOu.png I also liked how they highlighted the times for ones where you took too long. I didn't finish the verbal in time and left the last question unanswered; unfortunately, this last question doesn't appear on the review :(

Veritas: For me, their CAT result was the most on par with my GMATPrep scores. Take that for what you will. Their verbal and math portions were fine. However, their IR was terrible. After the first four questions, I skipped this portion. They had very unclear pictures of graphs, very different multi-source reasoning than what you would normally encounter, bad questions in general - I'm just chalking this up to the fact that IR is new and hopefully it'll get better. They also definitely had calculator issues like the others.

GMATPill: Their practice test is just terrible - stay away from it. A lot of the questions aren't even fully formulated - you need to guess what the question is asking for. I had an IR question where they just gave me a table without the blurb explaining the table. I've had Sentence Correction questions where the underlined portion was different than the answer choices. Answer choices are sometimes intelligible. On one of my verbal questions, the choice for C) was literally just the letter "D" whereas the other four choices were each a sentence. For the math section, they claim you need to use chrome as some of the formulas don't show, but even with chrome, some things appear as gibberish. Many questions are also stolen directly from the OG and/or GMATPrep, so if you've done those, you'll be seeing a lot of repeat questions. The appearance of the exam is terrible, with fonts change from question to question or even answer choices to answer choices. The functionality of their pause button isn't working as intened... and I could go on. The most annoying thing of all is that after you spend hours taking the exam, they don't allow you to see your result, UNLESS you have a facebook account and "like" GMATPILL, message your friends about it, post on your timeline, etc.

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 12 [4] , given: 1

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2009, 13:01
This post received
KUDOS
Guys,

I have a quick question about the Manhattan GMAT cats. I recently took two of them and scored a 640 and a 680. But I found that I always ran out of time in both the verbal and quant sections. I repeatedly came 7-8 questions short on both the sections. Have other test takers faced the same issue or do i have to work on my timing .
4 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [4] , given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2009, 06:59
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
We have added a new free test to the GMAT Club collection:

Name That Business School - you will be presented with 10 images of the business schools. Your task is to identify them. How good are you?

For more details and discussion see this thread:
name-that-business-school-gmat-club-test-78745.html

Results > Name that School #1: you answered correctly 10 out of 10 questions; your percentile on test Name that School #1 is 66.1% (you did better than 66.1% of Name that School #1 test takers).

We have a lot of Bschool fanatics here :)

4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 188 [4] , given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2009, 12:30
This post received
KUDOS
Here goes some extra info on the different CATs I've taken.

1. Kaplan 2005 (soft) - I concur with the brief review presented on this post.
2. Powerprep (soft) - I concur with the brief review presented on this post.
3. GPrep (soft) - I concur with the brief review presented on this post.
4. Princeton 2006 (soft) - I concur with the brief review presented on this post.
5. Barrons 2007 (soft) - OK for timed extra practice. No scoring provided.
6. Arco=Peterson's 2006 (soft) - Liked it. Partially adaptative. Had both hard and easy CAT experiences. Good scoring with glitches.
7. Crack the GMAT (soft) - Stay away from it.
8. Manhattan (online) - Outstanding. Brutal CATs.
9. 800score (flash) - Not really adaptative. Scoring completely off. Quant was supposed to be hard, and verbal easy. I found quant to be overly easy.
10. Knewton (online) - See above.

Please kudos if my post helps.

3 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 114 [3] , given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2009, 17:18
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, I think that is common, at least if you are talking math. I think verbal was long, but I didn't have problems finishing (I think their reading passages were a little long if I remember correctly). If you can make it through MGMAT in time and still do well, you should be well equipped for the real thing.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8449 [3] , given: 3647

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2009, 15:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ccn wrote:
Which practice CAT would you say would be a good one to take the for the first time ( for those who just are starting their GMAT journey, and to evaluate where they stand before they hit the books)?

GMATPrep (though somewhat wasteful) is the best one.

The argument goes as follows - you want to know your improvement and progress and GMATPrep is the best in evaluating your progress. Yes, you will waste a test, but since you are just starting out - you will score low and only see easier questions. With 700+ questions, you can re-take GMATPrep one more time a few months later and not see more than 1 or 2 repeats, still allowing for an accurate score.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 188 [3] , given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2009, 19:36
This post received
KUDOS
timetrader wrote:
Please post information on Knewton CAT here. Discussion on Knweton as a course moved to - knewton-online-course-review-78282.html

I posted my Knewton CAT review on the Knewton course review thread (mentioned above) by mistake.
I'm pasting it here, and let gmatclub decide where it belongs.

Before sharing my thoughts on Knewton, let me provide background on CATs I have taken.

In chronological order (set by the time I took the 1st CAT from each source):
1. Kaplan 2005 (soft)
2. Powerprep (soft)
3. GPrep (soft)
4. Princeton 2006 (soft)
5. Barrons 2007 (soft)
6. Arco 2006 (soft)
7. Crack the GMAT (soft)
8. Manhattan (online)
9. 800score (flash)
10. Knewton (online)

Crack the GMAT is the worse, and 800score and Knewton come right after.

But this is about Knewton. I just finished their free online CAT, and this is my brief review:

Quant
. Good questions, very real, covering all areas.
. Representative of the easiest GMAT questions. Did not encounter one challenging question.
. Did not seem to be adaptative, at all.
. Good as a summary of fields to master.

Verbal
. Same
. Found two unacceptable grammatical mistakes on 2 of the 4 reading comprehension sections.

Scoring algorithm
. The worst I have encountered together with 800score's.
. Quant: had 3 mistakes-> Q45
. Verbal: had 4 mistakes-> V37
. Although this may be partially explained by the lack of difficulty of the questions, it is still way off mark.

Others:
. Post-exam questions log/review is outstanding.
. As another poster mentioned, some questions seemed to be taken from OG with a few things changed here and there.

Now see how that compares to my GPrep stats:
1. Q49 with 10 mistakes; V46 with 3 mistakes. 760
2. Q49 with 9 mistakes; V42 with 7 mistakes. 750
3. Q49 with 8 mistakes; V47 with 4 mistakes. 770

It is not a question of higher or lower score. Knewton is simply off mark.

Bottom line: good only as a comprehensive summary of basic level questions to be done against the clock. Scoring should be ignored.

3 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 150 [3] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 00:58
This post received
KUDOS
domfrancondumas wrote:
Hey.

I am getting variable scores in Quant from various tests.
Example:
In MGMAT(3-4 tests): 45-46.
In Kaplan(3-4 tests): 49-51.
GMAT club (3-4 tests): 48-51

Is MGMAT quant tougher than the rest?

Due to my quant, my score may vary. Which score should I take as the TRUE SCORE?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

None, can be taken as true reflector..

MGMAT- Are accurate but tough
Kaplan- Quant is little easy.(Less time consuming)
GC test- Extreme tough

On an average your true score is between 47-49, take gmat prep if you have not tried it till now.

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: -1 [3] , given: 21

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 01:05
This post received
KUDOS
domfrancondumas wrote:
Hey.

I am getting variable scores in Quant from various tests.
Example:
In MGMAT(3-4 tests): 45-46.
In Kaplan(3-4 tests): 49-51.
GMAT club (3-4 tests): 48-51

Is MGMAT quant tougher than the rest?

Due to my quant, my score may vary. Which score should I take as the TRUE SCORE?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Yes MGMAT quant is tougher than other tests. If you are able to score 45-46 in MGMAT Quant you probably will able to score 48-50 on GMATPrep and in fact on real test as well provided you dont do any blunder in those tests.
GMATClub's Quant questions I find closest to GMATPrep but little tougher. But nothing can beat GMATPrep. These are the only official and closest to actual tests.

PS: If you are sparing GMATPrep for last week or so then reconsider your plan. You should exhaust all GMATPrep tests before a week at least so that you can solve every single question of it with one or two revisions. These are my personal thoughts and the same I recommend to my students.

GMAT RC Vocab - No nonsense(Only for GMAT)
gmat-rc-vocab-no-nonsense-only-for-gmat-162129.html#p1283165

Quant Document to revise a week before exam - Mixedbag
document-to-revise-a-week-before-exam-mixedbag-162145.html

Best questions to revise few days before exam- Mixed bag(25)
best-questions-to-revise-few-days-before-exam-mixed-bag-162124.html#p1283141

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [3] , given: 2

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 04:47
This post received
KUDOS
Guys, in my past 4 mocks these are my scores: 700 (Economist gmat tutor), 700 (800 score), 650 (Economist GMAT Tutor) and 690 (GMAT Prep).

I'm averaging around 685. What do you guys say, should I give the test soon? I'm not really feeling confident enough
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8449 [2] , given: 3647

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 12 May 2009, 16:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Topol wrote:
Quick question on the official GMAT prep tests. It is said (see above) that these practice tests can be taken multiple times by un/reinstalling the software. I have a few follow up questions on this:

1. Does a new installer have to be downloaded each time (in order to download new questions)?
2. Is there lots of repeated questions that come up (after taking it more than twice)?

1 - you can use the same installation package. Don't need to donwload again
2. - there are about 700 total questions in the GMAT Prep - repeats do come up but only a few. Not until you take it 3 times that you start seeing same questions again and again.

Also see this thread for extensive details on GMAT prep: gmatprep-gmat-prep-powerprep-power-prep-free-tests-77548.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 25 May 2009, 12:50
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We have added a new free test to the GMAT Club collection:

Name That Business School - you will be presented with 10 images of the business schools. Your task is to identify them. How good are you?

For more details and discussion see this thread:
name-that-business-school-gmat-club-test-78745.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2009, 08:27
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Wow - well done.
Looks like you are one of them :lol:

Have you tried the second test? http://gmatclub.com/tests/b02 - it is a "bit" more challenging.

Founder of GMAT Club

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 60 [2] , given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 11:24
This post received
KUDOS
Wat a post ........Wonderful...hats off to you guys
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 188 [2] , given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2009, 19:49
This post received
KUDOS
I just took the GMATLive free CAT. And with it ends my experimentation of GMAT CATs from unverified sources. The test was as bad as it could be.

Quant: Not adaptative, overly easy, horrible questions ... see below for samples
Verbal: Seems like taken entirely from 1000CR, 1000SC and 3000RC.
Scoring: What A joke. Score was Q:53 V:56 T:790. (for those who don't know, the highest GMAT score is 51)

Veredict: stay away!

For illustration purposes, here are some sample questions taken from the CAT:

- Maria deposits $10,000 in a bank. What is the annual interest which the bank will pay to Maria?
(1) The interest must be paid once every six months.
(2) The rate of interest is 4%.
-> Answer said B. I believe this question is unclear and can’t be answered.

- At a certain diner, a hamburger and coleslaw cost $3.59, and a hamburger and french fries cost $4.40. If french fries cost twice as much as coleslaw, how much do french fries cost?
a) $0.30 b) $0.45 c) $0.60 d) $0.75 e) $0.90
-> Correct answer not listed!

- Given that side AC of triangle ABC is 2. Find the length of BC.
(1) AB is not equal to AC
(2) Angle B is 30 degrees.
-> Angle B! Which one is angle B?

Last edited by powerka on 28 Aug 2009, 23:31, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 12:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
stuckatfailure wrote:
What's the opinion on McGraw Hill's practice tests? I read some posts earlier that said the book isn't very helpful, but what about the tests that come on the CD?

I have "McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT" and "McGraw-Hill Conquering GMAT Verbal and Writing."

I did a practice test on the CD that came with McGraw-Hill 2008 Edition GMAT and scored a 660. Is that test computer adaptive? Or is it simply just questions by order (so my actual score on the GMAT would be much lower than 660?)

Thanks for your help!

Would not spend too much time on these, but here is some more: mcgraw-hill-tests-78737.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews   [#permalink] 23 May 2010, 12:01