Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All people prefer colors that they can distinguish easily to

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

All people prefer colors that they can distinguish easily to [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2005, 23:53
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
All people prefer colors that they can distinguish easily to colors that they have difficulty distinguishing. Infants can easily distinguish bright colors but, unlike adults, have difficulty distinguishing subtle shades. A brightly colored toy for infants sells better than the same toy in subtle shades at the same price.

Which one of the following conclusions is most strongly supported by the information in the passage?

(A) Infants prefer bright primary colors to bright secondary colors.

(B) Color is the most important factor in determining which toys an infant will prefer to play with.

(C) Individual infants do not have strong preferences for one particular bright color over other bright colors.

(D) The sales of toys of infants reflect the preferences of infants in at least one respect.

(E) Toy makers study infants to determine what colors the infants can distinguish easily.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 04:19
E looks a better option as the conlusion endswith sale of the toys.
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 05:53
(A) Infants prefer bright primary colors to bright secondary colors. =>prefer is different to distinguish =>wrong

(B) Color is the most important factor in determining which toys an infant will prefer to play with.=>there may be more=>wrong

(C) Individual infants do not have strong preferences for one particular bright color over other bright colors.=> not stated in the argument=>wrong

(D) The sales of toys of infants reflect the preferences of infants in at least one respect.=>yes=>right

(E) Toy makers study infants to determine what colors the infants can distinguish easily.=> not stated in the argument

D) !
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 06:40
I am between B and D.

(B) Color is the most important factor in determining which toys an infant will prefer to play with.

as the stem says that infants prefer bright colors to subtle ones. so it becomes an important factor. I am leaning more towards this choice.

(D) The sales of toys of infants reflect the preferences of infants in at least one respect.
still doubtful about it. the stem says that bright colored ones sell better and this does talk about sales in that aspect.!!!

need more discussion for this one..
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 06:50
vprabhala wrote:
I am between B and D.

as the stem says that infants prefer bright colors to subtle ones. so it becomes an important factor. I am leaning more towards this choice.

still doubtful about it. the stem says that bright colored ones sell better and this does talk about sales in that aspect.!!!

B) is too strong. there is clearly a difference between "prefer" and "most important factor". maybe the kids like the smell of their toys more than its colour. so the smell would be the most important factor. we just dont know.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2005, 23:53
christoph wrote:
vprabhala wrote:
I am between B and D.

B) is too strong. there is clearly a difference between "prefer" and "most important factor". maybe the kids like the smell of their toys more than its colour. so the smell would be the most important factor. we just dont know.

But the question ask for 'most support.' why 'too srong' can not be the answer? :roll:
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2005, 11:15
I agree that E is wrong. D stands out as a better choice
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2005, 12:04
D.

(A) Infants prefer bright primary colors to bright secondary colors.
###Not mentioned in the passage.

###Too strong. At best you could conclude - Color is one of the factors, not the only one.

(C) Individual infants do not have strong preferences for one particular bright color over other bright colors.
###There is no mention of preference among the bright colors.

###Yes!

(E) Toy makers study infants to determine what colors the infants can distinguish easily.
###Nope. Bright colored toys sell well. Apart from this fact, there is no mention of or allusion to a study.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein.

Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2005, 12:18
I like D. B is too strong to be the answer here.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2005, 18:49
OK, I got it.

OA is D.

Thanks
  [#permalink] 19 Mar 2005, 18:49