Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All this free time: how are you spending it?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: Indiana (Kelley) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 540 Q33 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q39 V40
GPA: 3.22
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 5

Re: All this free time: how are you spending it? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 14:53
I cracked up when I saw this thread! I, too, wondered what to do once I completed GMAT and apps.

1) Actually cooking again instead of eating out all the time.
2) Resuming my workouts. I'd like to hit my goal (and lose the 7 GMAT lbs) before we start school. I'm about halfway to goal now, so it's doable.
3) Getting active in my new church. (For the remaining 7 months months that I'm in town. Lol.)
4) Family time--trying to spend more time with them since I'll have to relocate for school.
5) Doing calls with faculty and students at the schools to research programs & opportunities further.
6) Round 2 campus visits - visiting campus again either for interviews or class visits.
7) MOVIES - finally, I'm able to watch movies once again! Haven't been to the theatre in so long. Just now getting caught on DVDs that I purchased last year.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: All this free time: how are you spending it? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 07:55
MikeBolton mentioned a great activity: Researching pre-MBA internships opportunities.

Aside from traditional internship opportunities, part-time volunteerism can be considered a great pre-MBA activity to build your resume and gain additional leadership skills. In particular, volunteer business consulting for a small business or non-profit can be a great pre-MBA experience.

If such an activity interests you, do consider researching organizations like SCORE, Net Impact, USALC, or Taproot. Each of these groups facilitate volunteer consulting projects that can add value to your future MBA.

Just something to think about for your free time. Good luck!

Maxwell Roper
Outreach Director
USA Leadership Corps (USALC)
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: All this free time: how are you spending it? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 09:14
1. Training for a half marathon in March (already ran 2 marathons in the past) but application season has me desperately out of shape.
2. Weekend Brunch instead of Weekend Essay writing.
3. Being able to run errands without rushing home to study for the GMAT/fine-tune essays.

Waitlist stuff too, but that's nominal compared to the 10+ applications.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.92
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: All this free time: how are you spending it? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 09:09
Waking up on the first weekend that I haven't had mapped out time for GMAT or essay prep in months... was about to start a post-partum depression thread and decided to piggy back on this. While I still have to spend a lot of time prepping for interviews, it certainly feels weird to have this much free time back!

1. I am involved with a dance company outside of work (both artistically and as volunteer staff for the business side of things) and we have a concert in March that will keep me busy, and hopefully distracted, while waiting for the final decisions.
2. Spending time with my friends, family, significant other. Although I have been told "wow, you are so dedicated" countless times the past year, I have felt like a jerk missing a lot of small get togethers with friends on the week nights when I had to study/write/prep, etc.
3. READING FOR PLEASURE. I haven't read a good non-business school or business related book since the summer. I can't wait to escape into some sort of weird sci-fi world or historical piece.
4. Annoying my significant other/friends with mock interviews.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: All this free time: how are you spending it? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 11:08
So glad I went Early Decision. My stress stopped in mid-October! Now I'm unemployed and trying to figure out what to do with myself for the next 6 months until business school.
Re: All this free time: how are you spending it?   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2013, 11:08