Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

alternative transcript - which courses to take

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

CAT Tests
alternative transcript - which courses to take [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2012, 13:30
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone,

Because of my poor undergraduate GPA I am in the process of building an alternative transcript. I asked this kind of question when I was trying to pick courses for summer II session. There were limited number of courses that I would need to take so I postponed it to the Fall semester. There are several courses that I think would be useful, but again, I do not want to make a mistake and spend my money and whole semester for taking a class that would have no or less contribution. I would like to rely on your experience and knowledge and would appreciate if you could share your opinion with me.

I am planning to take either 1 or 2 or 3 courses. Would like to stay at 1 or 2 but if there are 3 courses of which all three are extremely important then I guess I can sacrifice my time for 3. Please tell me which 1 or 2 would you take among the following:

- Financial Management
- Cost Accounting
- Business Calculus
- Managerial Accounting
- Analytical Techniques in Business
- Investment Analysis
- Probability & Statistics
- Probability

I believe in order for you to give me the best advice I should also give a brief info about my completed college transcript:

I have taken lots of math classes (most of them as elective). Started with A- in Calculus I and ended with Differential Equations with grade C. I have taken 4 statistics classes (2 of them as electives - statistics for economics). Again started with A- in the first one and ended with C in the fourth one. Also I have already taken "Cost Accounting" in college and got D in that one. That is why I included this course in my list above as well. So, I am not sure if I should re-take Cost Accounting which had D before or spend my limited time to take classes that I have never taken before.

I was told that because I have plenty of Math and Stats classes already there is no need to take more of them. Acing GMAT and taking some Accounting and Finance courses would be better combination for me. That is why I have put most of the Finance and Accounting courses above. But then, again I ended both Math series and Stats series with C in college. I don't know if I need to take another higher level of each and wash that "shame" out.

Anyway, your input is highly valuable to me! I am going to invest my time and money and do not want to make a strategic mistake and take a course which will have no contribution.

Kudos in advance!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
alternative transcript - which courses to take   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2012, 13:30