Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Although it claims to delve into political issues,

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 92
Location: Minneapolis
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Although it claims to delve into political issues, [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 12:14
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial such as when each of the three major networks broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.
(A) superficial such as when each of the three major networks
(B) superficial, as can sometimes occur if all of the three major networks
(C) superficial if the three major networks all
(D) superficial whenever each of the three major networks
(E) superficial, as when the three major networks each
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 634
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 12:23
^ C ^

clear and concise

we need "all" as the verb is "broadcast" ..

Last edited by selene on 16 Mar 2006, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Location: Milwaukee,WI
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 13:28
C . it follows Y if X form . It's in Real conditional form .
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 502
Location: Europe
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 20:56
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Posts: 931
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 21:44
M8 wrote:
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.


I think there is S-V agreement error here.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

IMO, it should be 'each broadcasts'

C is clear and concise.

Regards,
Brajesh
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 1351
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2006, 21:58
M8 wrote:
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.

E too.

since the verb is plural we need plural subject and E has it. although it is followed by each, three networks is the subject..

use of "if" in C is not correct, however "as when" in E is also something unusual. toughiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :twisted:

anyway choose E.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 502
Location: Europe
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2006, 09:35
b14kumar wrote:
M8 wrote:
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.


I think there is S-V agreement error here.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

IMO, it should be 'each broadcasts'

C is clear and concise.

Regards,
Brajesh


Sorry but the verb broadcast is related to 'the three major networks' not to 'each'.
So only 'E' is clear and concise.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Posts: 931
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2006, 04:34
M8 wrote:
b14kumar wrote:
M8 wrote:
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.


I think there is S-V agreement error here.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

IMO, it should be 'each broadcasts'

C is clear and concise.

Regards,
Brajesh


Sorry but the verb broadcast is related to 'the three major networks' not to 'each'.
So only 'E' is clear and concise.


M8, I am still not sure.
If that is the case then why is 'each' used here? :(
Ok let me rephrase the sentence:

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when each of the three major networks broadcasts exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

So in this case, am I using the correct form of the word 'broadcast'? :?:
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 634
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2006, 14:49
b14kumar wrote:

M8, I am still not sure.
If that is the case then why is 'each' used here? :(
Ok let me rephrase the sentence:

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when each of the three major networks broadcasts exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

So in this case, am I using the correct form of the word 'broadcast'? :?:


:food

You are right b14kumar,

"Each" requires a singular verb. That's why we should eliminate A, D and E here ..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 92
Location: Minneapolis
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2006, 22:54
Professor wrote:
M8 wrote:
'E' it is.

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when the three major networks each broadcast exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

S/V agreement is OK.

E too.

since the verb is plural we need plural subject and E has it. although it is followed by each, three networks is the subject..

use of "if" in C is not correct, however "as when" in E is also something unusual. toughiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :twisted:

anyway choose E.


OA is E. Thanks Professor and M8 !!!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 502
Location: Europe
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2006, 00:19
b14kumar wrote:
M8 wrote:
b14kumar wrote:

M8, I am still not sure.
If that is the case then why is 'each' used here? :(
Ok let me rephrase the sentence:

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when each of the three major networks broadcasts exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

So in this case, am I using the correct form of the word 'broadcast'? :?:


See my explanation above. + each is an adjective not a pronoun.
Your rule (mentioned above) is applied to each only when it is a pronoun.
For example, CNBC, RBC, and BBC each broadcast the news at 8:00 p.m. everyday. But each of these news networks is located in different countries.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 634
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2006, 03:54
M8 wrote:

See my explanation above. + each is an adjective not a pronoun.
Your rule (mentioned above) is applied to each only when it is a pronoun.
For example, CNBC, RBC, and BBC each broadcast the news at 8:00 p.m. everyday. But each of these news networks is located in different countries.


Good explaination. I didnt think in this respect ..
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Posts: 931
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2006, 19:14
M8 wrote:
b14kumar wrote:
M8 wrote:
b14kumar wrote:

M8, I am still not sure.
If that is the case then why is 'each' used here? :(
Ok let me rephrase the sentence:

Although it claims to delve into political issues, television can be superficial, as when each of the three major networks broadcasts exactly the same statement from a political candidate.

So in this case, am I using the correct form of the word 'broadcast'? :?:


See my explanation above. + each is an adjective not a pronoun.
Your rule (mentioned above) is applied to each only when it is a pronoun.
For example, CNBC, RBC, and BBC each broadcast the news at 8:00 p.m. everyday. But each of these news networks is located in different countries.


:oops This is one more learing for me.
I have not seen such sentence or may be I did not look at this kind of structure in the sentence.

:thanks M8 for the clarification.

Regards,
Brajesh
  [#permalink] 19 Mar 2006, 19:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Although it claims to delve into political issues, lnaik 2 18 Oct 2007, 10:02
Although it claims to delve into political issues, appuvar 1 16 Oct 2007, 14:19
Although it claims to delve into political issues, rigger 5 05 Nov 2005, 16:23
Although it claims to delve into political issues, ywilfred 12 10 Sep 2005, 05:33
Although it claims to delve into political issues, 5elements 3 18 Jun 2005, 16:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Although it claims to delve into political issues,

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.