Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 07:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

am i eligible for US MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

am i eligible for US MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 05:06
Hi this is shekhar from india
i have just completed my graduation B.Sc (Computer Science).which is 3 year course after 12th.
i think i can achieve 700+ in GMAT having good command on QUANT and DI but have to work on Verbal.

Thanks
Shekhar
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Schulich, Rotman '15
GMAT Date: 03-28-2012
GPA: 2.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: am i eligible for US MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 06:33
If you have a degree and you write a GMAT, you can be eligible for US MBA programs. However the international transfers etc. are all things I would not know about, you would be qualified to do so but in terms of any Visa's needed etc. information would be available through your government website. Just be careful, just because you qualify does not necessarily make you an ideal candidate. You never mentioned much about extra cirriculars or work experience, but both are weighted through the application process as well. Many students choose to take a year or two, and make sure they will bring a little something extra to their application. Best of luck to you!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” - Greg Anderson

Follow my Journey at: nphelan-s-road-to-117533.html

Kudos? Don't mind if I do!

Manager
Manager
Status: Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HBS '15, Stanford '15
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: am i eligible for US MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 09:52
oasys wrote:
i have just completed my graduation B.Sc (Computer Science).which is 3 year course after 12th.
i think i can achieve 700+ in GMAT having good command on QUANT and DI but have to work on Verbal.

Thanks
Shekhar

Ofcourse you are. Most of the top schools have a FAQ section addressing this very question of yours. Good luck.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 3

Re: am i eligible for US MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 15:23
oasys wrote:

You may or may not. Most of the schools look for an international degree equivalent of a four-year US bachelor's degree.
Your 3 year B.Sc (Computer Science) may not qualify with certain schools.
Your best bet is to ask the schools you are interested in

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: am i eligible for US MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 21:48
nphelan wrote:
If you have a degree and you write a GMAT, you can be eligible for US MBA programs. However the international transfers etc. are all things I would not know about, you would be qualified to do so but in terms of any Visa's needed etc. information would be available through your government website. Just be careful, just because you qualify does not necessarily make you an ideal candidate. You never mentioned much about extra cirriculars or work experience, but both are weighted through the application process as well. Many students choose to take a year or two, and make sure they will bring a little something extra to their application. Best of luck to you!

hello nphelan,
thanks for the reply here something about me......
about my extra curricular - me and my 2 friends founded IT company 3 years ago named oasys technologies in INDIA . successfully completed 100+ custom software's and websites.looking ahead for making my business in very large scale that's why i want to do MBA from reputed business school.
about my education - i am not scholar guy ( :?: ).i am an average student.scored 55% in graduation.
are there any chances to get in top b school as a young entrepreneur?my profile will help me to get in?

Thanks
Shekhar
Re: am i eligible for US MBA?   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2011, 21:48