Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: am i ok with my study schedule or pick up some speed? [#permalink]
Sounds like you are right on track! make sure to take practice tests along the way so you can see how you are improving. It's a slow process, but it sounds like you are taking the correct approach. 3 hours a day and 5 on the weekends will definitely be sufficient. Just make sure to have a healthy work/life balance or you may burn youself out.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
GMATLA wrote:
Sounds like you are right on track! make sure to take practice tests along the way so you can see how you are improving. It's a slow process, but it sounds like you are taking the correct approach. 3 hours a day and 5 on the weekends will definitely be sufficient. Just make sure to have a healthy work/life balance or you may burn youself out.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

Whoops, I meant to say, “…should I resume quant in April?” Not May, since April is the third month which should consists of nothing but reviewing the error logs and strengthening my weakness.

Thanks for the prompt response GMATLA. You think I’m on the right track, even thought I did not start on the OG12 book?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
GMATLA wrote:
I would continue doing what you are doing and try to stay on your schedule. When april comes, see what you are weak at. That is an entire month, so you can do with it what you want. You can definitely pick up quant if you feel you need more review. In fact, I would definitely spend the last month strengthening all areas to make sure you know the areas you know perfectly and continue to improve on your weak areas.

Also, I think you are fine even though you didn't start with the OG12. In fact, i would never recommend that anyone starts with that book becuase it doesn't teach material necessarily. It is only a book of questions and answers, so why only do questions before you even know the topics. It's just a waste of the questions. When you are doing the questions, make sure you are learning the topics behind them.

Don't worry about spending time reviewing questions, b/c this is one of the best ways to learn! See why you got questions right and wrong, and learn from what you did right and wrong. Definitely spend time doing this, even if it seems like it takes you a long time. This is normal.

During your month of verbal, it might make sense to do a few practice math questions here and there just to make sure that you don't lose the feeling for them.

Thanks for the response! My mind was convoluted with doubts whether or not I was going too slow, but with a clear mind, I actually got majority of the DS questions right. Anyway, I will continue to practice a small set of quant during my verbal review.

Yekrut wrote:
It looks like you are doing great. You went through the MGMAT material pretty quickly! I would agree with GMATLA that you should take another diagnostic test to determine your progress. Best of luck!

Thanks Yekrut, I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I think I went through the materials pretty quickly, but this is my third time going over them so while revising my notes so maybe that's why~ Surprisingly though, I picked up new information that I had either forgotten or never really understood.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
You're very welcome. Thats some good insight. I am taking my own notes but do plan on going over the official guide books again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I would also recommend comparing your notes to some of the notes posted by other forum members. Take a look at these: my-comprehensive-quant-flashcards-109836.html

They are based on the MGMAT books. I found them quite useful. It was great to compare my own notes to the ones by miguelmick. It helped reveal the areas I kind of glossed over.
GMAT Club Bot