Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 06:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Am I on right track?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 6

Am I on right track? [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 10:03
Hi,
I am planning for GMAT in April, but still not getting satisfactory scores in mock. In February, I gave my first mock test on kaplan site and received 540. After going through Kaplan GMAT 2006 edition and OG 11th, I took my second mock test from Kaplan CD (Test 2), but received the same score again :? , just 540.
Now, Score 540, V-23 and Q-38. Am really surprised by seeing no improvement!!
I am planning to again go through OG and then Kaplan800, do I have to look into 1000 SC and 1000CR, as my verbal score is awful. In quant I have found some mistakes related to number system, any tips?

Thanks!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 11:02
Give the tests frm GMAC CD not from Kaplan

Kaplan tests are unnecessarily tough
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 11:48
Don't use the Kaplan materials. They have little relation to the real thing.

You should use the OG and the official GMATprep software. If you practice for several weeks with these materials and do not seem improvement, you probably need to review the foundations and start by reviewing the basic math and language concepts. Once you have those solid, then time spent prepping with GMAT materials should yield some better results.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 11:49
Oh, I also wanted to add that you'll likely find the test-prep information you are looking for in the math and verbal forums here at the GMATclub. The people that frequent this B-School application forum have more or less put the GMAT behind them and don't like talking about it any more.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 13:36
pelihu wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to add that you'll likely find the test-prep information you are looking for in the math and verbal forums here at the GMATclub. The people that frequent this B-School application forum have more or less put the GMAT behind them and don't like talking about it any more.

Yes, just reading this post made me feel yucky inside! Ewwwww.......

(PS I found the princeton review stuff pretty helpful, and the scores I got on their practice tests were in line with reality, more or less.)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 1

[#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2007, 16:18
I tried the Kaplan and got a 540 the first time too. I gave Princeton review and got a 610. This is my breakdown I got after giving my first MGMAT exam. I found it quite tough and calculation intensive... I am not sure what to make out of this result. I am upset to say the least, but I am trying hard to get to the 600 mark but just not happening....

Any suggestions? Are the MGMAT exams representative of the actual GMAT? Ofcourse looking at my QUANT score, I got only 17 questions correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed

SCORE & OVERVIEW OF RESULTS
TYPE SCORE ESTIMATED PERCENTILE RANK
Quantitative 32 35 %
Verbal 30 59 %
Total 520 44 %
  [#permalink] 25 Mar 2007, 16:18