Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 10:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Am I on track?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Am I on track? [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 21:04
Hi,

I am going to re-take GMAT in 3 weeks. The first attempt with one week preparation was 660 and I want to atleast score 700 so re-taking the test.

I have stated taking MGMAT tests and in first 3 tests, I have scored 670, 640 and 660.

I have heard that MGMAT test are considerably difficult than actual GMAT but the scoring is lenient.

Do you guys think a 660 on MGMAT indicates a 700+ score on actual test considering my performance on MGMAT has been consistent.

Thanks for your advice in advance

FG
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 21:15
No i dont think so. You should not bank on MGMAT CATs albeit they are pretty good. Take GMATPrep and guage yourself.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 00:16
trahul4 wrote:
No i dont think so. You should not bank on MGMAT CATs albeit they are pretty good. Take GMATPrep and guage yourself.

Took the first GMATPrep test and my score was 710 with 45V and 42Q.

A bit surprise as my Quant in actual GMAT was 49 last time but happy to see that my verbal has improved which was a big concern for me.

I need to revise a few QUANT topics like coordinate plane, geometry and probability as I have not practiced them for a long time and that might be a reason for my poor performance in quant.

Overall happy that I am closer to my 700+ target now.

Thanks
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 01:27
710 on GMATPrep looks good. Keep up the good work and make sure you perform at the higher end of your ability. Goodluck.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 02:38
trahul4 wrote:
710 on GMATPrep looks good. Keep up the good work and make sure you perform at the higher end of your ability. Goodluck.

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 10:44
I just took my 1st Gmatprep yesterday and scored a 710 (51 Q, 34 V), i feel that the Gmatprep verbal is a hell lot tricker then any CAT's i have done(inlcuding MGMAT's) specially there SC and RC, i really screwed up my verbal with stupid mistakes and no time balancing. :evil: , the Quants is considerably easier then MGMAT and you can score a 51 with 7 questions wrong is pretty nice :-D , i am worried about verbal now, i consistently scored V36 - V42 in the 4 MGMAT cats i gave.
  [#permalink] 10 Sep 2007, 10:44