Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

American Graduates of MiM Programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

American Graduates of MiM Programs [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 09:10
I am extremely interested in doing an MiM program--ideally LBS or HEC. However, most of the schools are in Europe, and I'm worried that, as an American without European citizenship, I will be at an extreme disadvantage during recruiting and be left without a job. Even at LBS, it seems that firms--and I am primarily interested in consullting, but am also interested in equity research and perhaps ib--recruit primarily for their British and European offices.

Btw I speak French very well, so language is not an issue in Francophone Europe, just the visa.

I have pumped these schools for placement stats, but it is difficult to get isolated statistics for non-European graduates.

I am also considering Duke's Fuqua masters in management program, but the program is very new and I'd rather be in London than Durham.

Does anyone have any information about the success or failure of American graduates of the European programs in finding a job? I am primarily doing this to get a good entry-level job as I went to a reputable non-target for undergrad but got very good grades.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: American Graduates of MiM Programs [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 17:58
*bump* I'd like to hear the consensus on this as well.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: American Graduates of MiM Programs [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2014, 19:03
Have you guys gathered any worth-sharing knowledge on this?

I am in the same boat, nerdspeak... I have the oppt to do CEMS' MiM, which will take me to really great schools... but they're all out of the country. I'm worried about the recruiting process and available oppt's if I were to continue living in the US after the program.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: American Graduates of MiM Programs [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 03:14
I have heard bad things about the UK's placement of non-EU students. If you check the MBF St. Gallen thread, Switzerland seems like a poor choice as well. Beyond that, I can't say much, but I will say this: learning the local language is key to find a job there, and I doubt any of these degrees are good choices if you're interested in going back to the U.S. to work.

GMAT Prep 1 - November 25, 2013: 44 Q, 45 V, 720
GMAT Prep 2 - March 16, 2014: 47 Q, 42 V, 720

Re: American Graduates of MiM Programs   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2014, 03:14