Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Americans applying to LBS/INSEAD

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 4

Americans applying to LBS/INSEAD [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 14:42
Question. So I'm an American thinking of applying to LBS round 3 and INSEAD round 1 for january intake. I've heard that U.K. has changed its visa restrictions, making it harder for non-EU citizens to get jobs afterwards. Is this really true? If so, is this true for all of Europe or just the U.K.? I want to make sure that I have all the relevant facts before deciding to apply to the european programs.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Americans applying to LBS/INSEAD [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 18:30
Shawshank wrote:
Question. So I'm an American thinking of applying to LBS round 3 and INSEAD round 1 for january intake. I've heard that U.K. has changed its visa restrictions, making it harder for non-EU citizens to get jobs afterwards. Is this really true? If so, is this true for all of Europe or just the U.K.? I want to make sure that I have all the relevant facts before deciding to apply to the european programs.

Thanks.

Each EU countries has their own visa rule.

Recent visa rule change was for UK, that too mainly the HSMP route was closed, then again, that came with some concessions!!

If you look a bit deeper inside the surface then there is a different story. The overall job market is very tight in EU, including UK. Naturally, locals are preferred during these kinds of tough time. It is not about the rule change, it is about the sentiment!!

having said that, LBS, INSEAD will be safe, provided your skills are transferable.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-20-2005
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Americans applying to LBS/INSEAD [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 00:23
Hi Shawshank,

I truly agree. Please go ahead with the LBS and INSEAD application. Click http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool to try your chances in b-schools(s). You must also prepare well for the interview, as it is the decisive factor for being admitted in b-school. To know more about LBS and INSEAD interview tips, click http://bit.ly/XQVp4s .

Feel free to post any other concerns you might have. You can even PM your number to discuss over your profile and selection of b-school(s).

Best,
AK

Shawshank wrote:

Thanks.

GMAT-750 Work Exp-10 yrs. MBA-Top 10 FT Ranking B-School
Under Grad- Top 30 College in Asia

Re: Americans applying to LBS/INSEAD   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2013, 00:23