Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
An MM now or wait for real MBA??? PLEASE HELP [#permalink]
07 Mar 2012, 00:30
I'm in a (possibly) unique situation. Do Help!
I've applied to both Fuqua's MMS program and the LBS MiM program. I've got admitted into the Fuqua one and have an interview with MiM (which I'm sure I'll crack). Here's where is my major dilemma. The job markets in finance are weird in India and undergrads (I know mine is a masters degree but it is for all intents and purposes an integrated undergrad course that I came to right after high school) are not taken into roles in the front office in finance, which is where I want to make a career for myself. Also moving internationally is not an option because of the stricter visa laws that have come into place and I've been trying like a fiend to get that international experience.
Essentially my problem of choice is that I stay back home (either get a job in finance or work for a startup handling business development and finance) and then apply again for an MBA a 3/4 years down the line. Or I take up the Fuqua program for a year, gain international experience and break into the US geography. If I do take the second option, it'll be purely for breaking into a new geography, getting practical academic exposure and getting a job. But there also is the fact that I'll already have two masters degrees (after the Fuqua degree) and the possible overlap of curriculum with an MBA program, which might make it much more difficult to get into an MBA program later. I need help/advice/insights on how to proceed and what to do.
So my questions are essentially is the MM+4/5yrs of Work Ex+MBA (should I want to do one later on) is really that hard a sell? I'm guessing there'll be quite a few people like me from now/in the near future given that the more prestigious MM program (such as Fuqua MMS/LBS MiM) were started 3-4 years back. So realistically what are the chances if breaking in to a good MBA program with an MM in hand? And will international exposure gained from the pre-experience program be not worth it/won't be of value add?
I'd be grateful if you reply with your insights (I know it's a personal decision to make but want expert insights to ensure that I make the most informed choice)
An MM now or wait for real MBA??? PLEASE HELP
07 Mar 2012, 00:30